God is a comic playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.

aus+uk / aus.computers / OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

SubjectAuthor
* OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Computer Nerd Kev
 +* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
 |`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 | `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
 |  `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 |   +* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
 |   |`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Xeno
 |   | `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
 |   `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 |    `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 |     +* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Yosemite Sam
 |     |+- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 |     |`* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 |     | `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 |     `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 |      `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 |       `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 |        `* Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Peter Jason
 |         +- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Petzl
 |         `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Rod Speed
 `- Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)Falscher Bruce

1
OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3kpipF68dqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3571&group=aus.computers#3571

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Subject: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 01:25:17 +1100
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.15
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:25 UTC

I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<63d5ad18@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3572&group=aus.computers#3572

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: 29 Jan 2023 09:17:45 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 23:17 UTC

In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:

> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.

I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
sought after.

I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
them away. Or I suppose some people just one one NOW and don't want
to wait or drive far to collect.

Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
local area too, if it's out of a major city).

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3lts7FbjnfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3573&group=aus.computers#3573

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 00:44 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?
> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>
> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
> sought after.
>
> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
> to wait or drive far to collect.
>
> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)

both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
AV inputs.

> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
> local area too, if it's out of a major city).

thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<grgbth9odto50308ipv47dd4hrr34dp6ck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3574&group=aus.computers#3574

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv,aus.computers
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 12:10:16 +1100
 by: Petzl - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 01:10 UTC

On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
wrote:

>Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:
>>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?
>> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>>
>> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
>> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
>> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
>> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
>> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
>> sought after.
>>
>> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
>> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
>> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
>> to wait or drive far to collect.
>>
>> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
>> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
>> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
>> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
>> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.
>
>I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
>what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
>see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
>the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
>if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)
>
>both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
>and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
>have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
>AV inputs.
>

>> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
>> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
>> local area too, if it's out of a major city).
>>

>thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.

Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,

Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
top of keys], will take getting used to ).
--
Petzl
You funny guy, I'll kill you last.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<28f79646-764f-42cd-b617-be72c256b74dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3575&group=aus.computers#3575

Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:14:22 -0800 (PST)
From: bruc...@topmail.co.nz (Falscher Bruce)
 by: Falscher Bruce - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 01:14 UTC

On Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 7:17:57 AM UTC+8, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:

> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
> sought after.
>
> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
> them away. Or I suppose some people just one one NOW and don't want
> to wait or drive far to collect.

You used to see them tossed out for verge collection 10 years ago. But now people will sell them on gumtree or Facebook. Only wealthy people CBF advertising them, but their councils have done away with hard rubbish collections and replaced them with "verge valet".

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3o5msFm4dmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3576&group=aus.computers#3576

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:10 UTC

Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
> wrote:
>
>> Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>>> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>>>
>>> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
>>> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
>>> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
>>> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
>>> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
>>> sought after.
>>>
>>> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
>>> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
>>> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
>>> to wait or drive far to collect.
>>>
>>> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
>>> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
>>> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
>>> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
>>> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.
>> I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
>> what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
>> see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
>> the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
>> if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)
>>
>> both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
>> and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
>> have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
>> AV inputs.
>>
>>> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
>>> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
>>> local area too, if it's out of a major city).
>>>
>> thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.
>>
> Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
> Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
> really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,
>
> Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
> keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
> top of keys], will take getting used to ).

if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<263eth9g1knpamhp9hdqv3olsafftdtkcg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3577&group=aus.computers#3577

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:27:50 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 00:27 UTC

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
wrote:

>Petzl wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
>> wrote:

>>> I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
>>> what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
>>> see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
>>> the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
>>> if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)
>>>
>>> both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
>>> and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
>>> have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
>>> AV inputs.

>>> thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.
>>>
>> Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
>> Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
>> really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,
>>
>> Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
>> keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
>> top of keys], will take getting used to ).
>
>if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
>just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.

Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
I believe planned obsolescence.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
down after a number of pages printed
https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3opp3Fp11aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3578&group=aus.computers#3578

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 13:53:07 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 02:53 UTC

Petzl wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
> wrote:
>
>> Petzl wrote:

>>> Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
>>> Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
>>> really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,
>>>
>>> Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
>>> keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
>>> top of keys], will take getting used to ).
>> if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
>> just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.
>>
> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
> I believe planned obsolescence.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
> down after a number of pages printed
> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2

I had a perfectly good Canon Scanner/printer that is now unusable as
there are no drivers for it anymore. however, printers now are so cheap
that replacing cartridges for it would cost more than a new printer even
if I could get it to work.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3p24gFq691U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3579&group=aus.computers#3579

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:16:00 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 05:16 UTC

On 30/1/2023 1:53 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Petzl wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
>> wrote:

>>> if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
>>> just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.
>>>
>> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
>> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
>> I believe planned obsolescence.
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
>> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
>> down after a number of pages printed
>> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
>
> I had a perfectly good Canon Scanner/printer that is now unusable as
> there are no drivers for it anymore. however, printers now are so cheap
> that replacing cartridges for it would cost more than a new printer even
> if I could get it to work.

Should be able to get it printing in Linux Mint 21. A mate has had
success with that OS version on his Brother mono laser whereas earlier
versions of Mint failed to locate/install printer drivers for his printer.

I recently bought a new ink cartridge for my Fuji Xerox mono laser so I
figure that will last me years by my current usage levels. That said, I
was given 3 *unused* replacement cartridges for *this printer* -->

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/brother-wireless-mono-laser-printer-hl-l2305w-brhll2305

The printer they were originally intended for, a different model, was
surplus at his resort, I got that also but it needed a drum as well -
that was expensive and not worth investing in on such an old printer, at
least not at my usage rates. So I binned it. Then discovered I also had
a new drum for it. Ah well.... It will fit the one in the link above
however. Hmmm, tempted to buy it since it *should* connect to Linux and
comes with Mac drivers up to the latest OS. The Fuji has dropped off the
driver update radar for my Macs.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3p404FqfouU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3580&group=aus.computers#3580

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:47:34 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 05:47 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 30/1/2023 1:53 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Petzl wrote:

>>> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
>>> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
>>> I believe planned obsolescence.
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
>>> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
>>> down after a number of pages printed
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
>>
>> I had a perfectly good Canon Scanner/printer that is now unusable as
>> there are no drivers for it anymore. however, printers now are so
>> cheap that replacing cartridges for it would cost more than a new
>> printer even if I could get it to work.
>>
> Should be able to get it printing in Linux Mint 21. A mate has had
> success with that OS version on his Brother mono laser whereas earlier
> versions of Mint failed to locate/install printer drivers for his
> printer.

nope. I'd already tried Linux21

> I recently bought a new ink cartridge for my Fuji Xerox mono laser so
> I figure that will last me years by my current usage levels. That
> said, I was given 3 *unused* replacement cartridges for *this printer*
> -->
>
> https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/brother-wireless-mono-laser-printer-hl-l2305w-brhll2305
>

> The printer they were originally intended for, a different model, was
> surplus at his resort, I got that also but it needed a drum as well -
> that was expensive and not worth investing in on such an old printer,
> at least not at my usage rates. So I binned it. Then discovered I also
> had a new drum for it. Ah well.... It will fit the one in the link
> above however. Hmmm, tempted to buy it since it *should* connect to
> Linux and comes with Mac drivers up to the latest OS. The Fuji has
> dropped off the driver update radar for my Macs.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zlf1tdpbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3581&group=aus.computers#3581

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:57 UTC

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:27:50 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
> wrote:
>
>> Petzl wrote:

>>> Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
>>> Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
>>> really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,
>>>
>>> Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
>>> keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
>>> top of keys], will take getting used to ).
>>
>> if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
>> just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.
>>
> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
> I believe planned obsolescence.

More fool you, that is not even possible.

And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.

> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
> down after a number of pages printed
> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2

Just because some fool claims something...

Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<s3fgthpbk80r1iho9q5hm5gm8a9uuu1dpl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3582&group=aus.computers#3582

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:19:36 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:19 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:27:50 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 08:10:36 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
>> wrote:

>>> if Rod wants one he could get eBay to email him if any come up for sale.
>>> just have to do a search then tick the relevant box for notifications.
>>>
>> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
>> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
>> I believe planned obsolescence.
>
>More fool you, that is not even possible.
>
>And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.

You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
you said it went Banana's. to which you bought a new one, hope you are
correct, but I were stung twice

>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
>> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
>> down after a number of pages printed
>> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
>
>Just because some fool claims something...
>
>Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.

It been recorded it happenes.
--
Petzl
Every time I speak of the haters and losers

The loudest whiners on Trump's withdrawal
from Paris Climate Change
are those who profit the most (like Al Gore).

Donald Trump
https://youtu.be/kGg4Oywfbyw

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<k3r98nF6dlcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3583&group=aus.computers#3583

From: fel...@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:29:41 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 01:29 UTC

Petzl wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:27:50 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
>>> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
>>> I believe planned obsolescence.
>> More fool you, that is not even possible.
>>
>> And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.
>>
> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
> you said it went Banana's. to which you bought a new one, hope you are
> correct, but I were stung twice
>
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
>>> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
>>> down after a number of pages printed
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>
>> Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.
>>
> It been recorded it happenes.

my Microsoft keyboard must be at least 20 years old now. never had a
problem with it.

https://auslink.info/pics/m$keyboard.jpg

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zl6ixt1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3584&group=aus.computers#3584

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:29:11 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 02:29 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:19:36 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:27:50 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rod bought a top of the line Logitech one, trouble I found on two
>>> occasions when guarantee over they both went inexplicably banana's?
>>> I believe planned obsolescence.
>>
>> More fool you, that is not even possible.
>>
>> And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.
>>
> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
> you said it went Banana's.

Only one of them ever did. The others failed within warranty,
with a keytop coming off, hooked off with a fingernail and
and couldn't have it replaced and replaced under warranty.

And never had any of their mice go bananas.
The left microswitch always failed multiple
clicking and all replaced under warranty
which meant they were all free to use for
years since they had very long warrantys.

> to which you bought a new one, hope you are
> correct, but I were stung twice

Nope, you just had a couple of failures.

And there was never any planned obsolescence,
that has always been just another mindless myth
and isnt even possible and trivial to prove that it
can't be done.

>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence>
>>> I remember some printers have a "detonator" (page counter) to break
>>> down after a number of pages printed
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2jalc5h2
>>
>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>
>> Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.

> It been recorded it happenes.

Bullshit it has.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zl6l9xsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3585&group=aus.computers#3585

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:31:11 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 02:31 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:29:41 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now> wrote:

> Petzl wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> More fool you, that is not even possible.
>>>
>>> And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.
>>>
>> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
>> you said it went Banana's. to which you bought a new one, hope you are
>> correct, but I were stung twice

>>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>>
>>> Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.
>>>
>> It been recorded it happenes.
>
> my Microsoft keyboard must be at least 20 years old now.

Mine the same.

> never had a problem with it.

The labels wear off and MS never replaces those that
wear off in the warranty period.

> https://auslink.info/pics/m$keyboard.jpg

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<glghth5hpaa9f9326m6ofg4bblrtc45sd1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3586&group=aus.computers#3586

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:28:09 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 07:28 UTC

wrote:

>Petzl wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> More fool you, that is not even possible.
>>>
>>> And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.
>>>
>> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
>> you said it went Banana's. to which you bought a new one, hope you are
>> correct, but I were stung twice

>>> Just because some fool claims something...
>>>
>>> Trivial to prove that that doesn't actually happen.
>>>
>> It been recorded it happenes.
>
>my Microsoft keyboard must be at least 20 years old now. never had a
>problem with it.
>
>https://auslink.info/pics/m$keyboard.jpg

The Logitech is the first I've ever had problems with a keyboard.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<fqghth59usosfv4aj4ha2r4nuaq8bq8vkv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3587&group=aus.computers#3587

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:32:58 +1100
 by: Petzl - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 07:32 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:29:11 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:19:36 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 03:57:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> More fool you, that is not even possible.
>>>
>>> And have fun explaining why mine have not done that.
>>>
>> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
>> you said it went Banana's.
>
>Only one of them ever did. The others failed within warranty,
>with a keytop coming off, hooked off with a fingernail and
>and couldn't have it replaced and replaced under warranty.
>
>And never had any of their mice go bananas.
>The left microswitch always failed multiple
>clicking and all replaced under warranty
>which meant they were all free to use for
>years since they had very long warrantys.
>
>> to which you bought a new one, hope you are
>> correct, but I were stung twice
>
>Nope, you just had a couple of failures.

Well I'm a expert in process quality control, which does not mean
quality, just means when one tea pot leaks all the others do the same,
the object is to correct the process that makes the tea pots leak,
then it never happens in any of them after that.

--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zmnxlsmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3588&group=aus.computers#3588

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:45:11 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:45 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:28:09 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:29:41 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@goaway.now>
> wrote:
>
>> Petzl wrote:

>>> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
>>> you said it went Banana's. to which you bought a new one, hope you are
>>> correct, but I were stung twice

>>> It been recorded it happenes.
>>
>> my Microsoft keyboard must be at least 20 years old now. never had a
>> problem with it.
>>
>> https://auslink.info/pics/m$keyboard.jpg
>>
> The Logitech is the first I've ever had problems with a keyboard.

Only because you had wanked yourself completely blind and
so didn't even notice that the letters had worn off the keytops.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zmn18vlbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3589&group=aus.computers#3589

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 19:47:58 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 08:47 UTC

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:32:58 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:29:11 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:19:36 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You did get a much longer life out of yours than I did, but in the end
>>> you said it went Banana's.
>>
>> Only one of them ever did. The others failed within warranty,
>> with a keytop coming off, hooked off with a fingernail and
>> and couldn't have it replaced and replaced under warranty.
>>
>> And never had any of their mice go bananas.
>> The left microswitch always failed multiple
>> clicking and all replaced under warranty
>> which meant they were all free to use for
>> years since they had very long warrantys.
>>
>>> to which you bought a new one, hope you are
>>> correct, but I were stung twice
>>
>> Nope, you just had a couple of failures.

> Well I'm a expert in process quality control,

But are too stupid to even notice that planned
obsolescence isnt even possible with a keyboard.

> which does not mean
> quality, just means when one tea pot leaks all the others do the same,
> the object is to correct the process that makes the tea pots leak,
> then it never happens in any of them after that.

Not even possible with a keyboard that goes bananas.

>> And there was never any planned obsolescence,
>> that has always been just another mindless myth
>> and isnt even possible and trivial to prove that it
>> can't be done.

>>> It been recorded it happenes.
>>
>> Bullshit it has.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<il3jthltgnbv5vdfiikr5ocf09shsculhd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3590&group=aus.computers#3590

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 09:03:33 +1100
References: <k3kpipF68dqU1@mid.individual.net> <63d5ad18@news.ausics.net> <k3lts7FbjnfU1@mid.individual.net> <grgbth9odto50308ipv47dd4hrr34dp6ck@4ax.com> <k3o5msFm4dmU1@mid.individual.net> <263eth9g1knpamhp9hdqv3olsafftdtkcg@4ax.com> <op.1zlf1tdpbyq249@pvr2.lan> <s3fgthpbk80r1iho9q5hm5gm8a9uuu1dpl@4ax.com> <op.1zl6ixt1byq249@pvr2.lan> <fqghth59usosfv4aj4ha2r4nuaq8bq8vkv@4ax.com> <op.1zmn18vlbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 22:03 UTC

* Mercy snip *

I have about 15 keyboards, but now I go for the ones with LARGE
backlit keys. The LARGE keys do make typing easier and some few have
no light bleeding up from under the keys. All I have to do now is
find a similar one with interchangeable clikey keys. Why have they
not invented one where all other keys freeze when the desired one is
approached? This would help spastic persons.

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<s4gjth5bcfn2hr8e3e9jf23odrv8mii0b8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3591&group=aus.computers#3591

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 12:31:42 +1100
References: <k3kpipF68dqU1@mid.individual.net> <63d5ad18@news.ausics.net> <k3lts7FbjnfU1@mid.individual.net> <grgbth9odto50308ipv47dd4hrr34dp6ck@4ax.com> <k3o5msFm4dmU1@mid.individual.net> <263eth9g1knpamhp9hdqv3olsafftdtkcg@4ax.com> <op.1zlf1tdpbyq249@pvr2.lan> <s3fgthpbk80r1iho9q5hm5gm8a9uuu1dpl@4ax.com> <op.1zl6ixt1byq249@pvr2.lan> <fqghth59usosfv4aj4ha2r4nuaq8bq8vkv@4ax.com> <op.1zmn18vlbyq249@pvr2.lan> <il3jthltgnbv5vdfiikr5ocf09shsculhd@4ax.com>
 by: Petzl - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 01:31 UTC

On Wed, 01 Feb 2023 09:03:33 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>* Mercy snip *
>
>I have about 15 keyboards, but now I go for the ones with LARGE
>backlit keys. The LARGE keys do make typing easier and some few have
>no light bleeding up from under the keys. All I have to do now is
>find a similar one with interchangeable clikey keys. Why have they
>not invented one where all other keys freeze when the desired one is
>approached? This would help spastic persons.

Can you name at least one with
"LARGE backlit keys" you have me interested
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law
Great lawyers know the judge

Re: OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

<op.1zo5xchqbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3592&group=aus.computers#3592

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 04:09:02 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:09 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> * Mercy snip *

Yeah, the last thing we need is you spastics breeding.

> I have about 15 keyboards, but now I go for the ones with LARGE
> backlit keys. The LARGE keys do make typing easier and some few have
> no light bleeding up from under the keys. All I have to do now is
> find a similar one with interchangeable clikey keys.

Wouldn't be cheap and you are a desperate pov.

> Why have they
> not invented one where all other keys freeze when the desired one is
> approached?

Not easy to do.

> This would help spastic persons.

They do have stuff like that for spastics but they are very slow to use.