From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: UK Rail Pass
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:02:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:CpIHAa79zuF+lXxQ/IceSszS1Us=
 by: Tweed - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:02 UTC

I’ve been bothering my MP on and off to see what, if any progress, is being
made in respect of the promised UK rail pass. The latest response from
Wendy Morton, who appears to be a Minister of State for Transport is:

“The Government has continued to engage with the Rail Delivery Group and
Visit Britain to develop and refine proposals for a new domestic rail
tourism product. Further details will be released in due course.”

Sir Humphrey appears to be alive and well.

Re: UK Rail Pass

<tcebgr$2c91q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35713&group=uk.railway#35713

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: UK Rail Pass
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 18:33:15 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:33 UTC

On 03/08/2022 18:02, Tweed wrote:
> I’ve been bothering my MP on and off to see what, if any progress, is being
> made in respect of the promised UK rail pass. The latest response from
> Wendy Morton, who appears to be a Minister of State for Transport is:
>
> “The Government has continued to engage with the Rail Delivery Group and
> Visit Britain to develop and refine proposals for a new domestic rail
> tourism product. Further details will be released in due course.”
>
> Sir Humphrey appears to be alive and well.

Given there is effectively no government at the moment, I doubt you will
get a sensible answer.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: UK Rail Pass

<tcec08$2cdu8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=35714&group=uk.railway#35714

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:41:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jWVARPCr4YbX9uI9lTytCdi/KE4=
 by: Tweed - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:41 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/08/2022 18:02, Tweed wrote:
>> I’ve been bothering my MP on and off to see what, if any progress, is being
>> made in respect of the promised UK rail pass. The latest response from
>> Wendy Morton, who appears to be a Minister of State for Transport is:
>>
>> “The Government has continued to engage with the Rail Delivery Group and
>> Visit Britain to develop and refine proposals for a new domestic rail
>> tourism product. Further details will be released in due course.”
>>
>> Sir Humphrey appears to be alive and well.
>>

> Given there is effectively no government at the moment, I doubt you will
> get a sensible answer.

I’ve not had a sensible answer for over a year. I prod them every six
months or so. More out of curiosity as to how they are going to make this
go away.