From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: I Despair
Date: 16 Mar 2022 11:28:21 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:28 UTC

I needed new toilet brushes for the new house and bought a couple of flat
brushes with silicon heads. What a load of old tosh, they couldn't clean
pussy let alone the toilet bowl.

I am really struggling to find a couple of good old fashioned bristle
brushes with holders, most are silicon and many are"soft" bristles - why
soft, I want to clean the loo not my backside.

I've tried Amazon, eBay and Argos so far, any thoughts?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.

Re: I Despair

<j9e1peF6b1rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3572&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3572

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: I Despair
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:59:46 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:59 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:
> I needed new toilet brushes for the new house and bought a couple of
> flat brushes with silicon heads. What a load of old tosh, they
> couldn't clean pussy let alone the toilet bowl.
>
> I am really struggling to find a couple of good old fashioned bristle
> brushes with holders, most are silicon and many are"soft" bristles -
> why soft, I want to clean the loo not my backside.
>
> I've tried Amazon, eBay and Argos so far, any thoughts?

Can't help with that Jeff, but like you "I DESPAIR TOO" for completely
different reasons. Read my new thread 'I DESPAIR TOO'.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: I Despair

<t0t00c$leb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3576&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3576

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:33:30 +0000
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 15:33 UTC

On 16/03/2022 11:28, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I needed new toilet brushes for the new house and bought a couple of
> flat brushes with silicon heads. What a load of old tosh, they couldn't
> clean pussy let alone the toilet bowl.
>
> I am really struggling to find a couple of good old fashioned bristle
> brushes with holders, most are silicon and many are"soft" bristles - why
> soft, I want to clean the loo not my backside.
>
> I've tried Amazon, eBay and Argos so far, any thoughts?

I picked up a couple of acceptable ones in Poundland a while back -
although I think they may have been £2 ?

Since then I have seen similar products in Wilko and Poundstretcher -
although I fear Poundstretcher may disappear from the High Street at
almost any minute.

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: I Despair

<t0th24$hbq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3577&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3577

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 20:24:35 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 20:24 UTC

On 16/03/2022 11:28, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I needed new toilet brushes for the new house and bought a couple of flat
> brushes with silicon heads. What a load of old tosh, they couldn't clean
> pussy let alone the toilet bowl.
>
> I am really struggling to find a couple of good old fashioned bristle
> brushes with holders, most are silicon and many are"soft" bristles - why
> soft, I want to clean the loo not my backside.
>
> I've tried Amazon, eBay and Argos so far, any thoughts?

You probably didn't have the patience to go through pages and pages of
unsuitable products to find these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ruipunuosi-Toilet-Bathroom-Bristles-Holder/dp/B0983LQGDV

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175151029480
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185097027265
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202885071097

https://www.addis.co.uk/round-toilet-brush.asp

Having found those, I wondered if I had seen something similar in
Poundland. If you have got a branch near you it could be worth a look.

If you would consider a brush without a holder I found these:
https://www.kind-earth.co.uk/product/plastic-free-toilet-brush-larger-brush
https://heima.uk/products/wooden-toilet-brush?variant=38000200908995

Happy hunting!

Jim

Re: I Despair

<xn0nfh3w09nkugv00s@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3581&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3581

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 17 Mar 2022 11:07:34 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:07 UTC

On 16/03/2022 in message <t0th24$hbq$1@dont-email.me> Indy Jess John wrote:

>>I am really struggling to find a couple of good old fashioned bristle
>>brushes with holders, most are silicon and many are"soft" bristles - why
>>soft, I want to clean the loo not my backside.
>>
>>I've tried Amazon, eBay and Argos so far, any thoughts?
>>

>You probably didn't have the patience to go through pages and pages of
>unsuitable products to find these:

Many thanks :-)

I seemed to plough through millions and they all seemed more form than
function in terms of shape, what they're made of etc. Anyway I found a
couple on eBay (new!) that were described as commercial or business so I
ordered them, they're just good old fashioned loo brushes - nothing fancy!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Though no-one can go back and make a new start, everyone can start from