From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Amazon Return Policies
Date: 18 Mar 2022 12:14:17 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:14 UTC

Bought an IKEA Tagarp uplighter from Amazon marketplace a couple of days
ago.

Several reviews noted the shade had arrived damaged and lo & behold when
mine turned up the shade was damaged.

Started the returns procedure and it immediately popped up a message
saying my refund had been approved and there was no need to return the item.

Anybody know if this is standard policy for cheap items (< £15) or for
items that seem impossible to deliver undamaged? Bonus points if you can
tell me where I can buy a replacement shade as the lamp will suit me fine.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

Re: Amazon Return Policies

<t141rc$neg$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3604&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3604

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Amazon Return Policies
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:47:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:47 UTC

On 18 Mar 2022 at 12:14:17 GMT, ""Jeff Gaines"" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Bought an IKEA Tagarp uplighter from Amazon marketplace a couple of days
> ago.
>
> Several reviews noted the shade had arrived damaged and lo & behold when
> mine turned up the shade was damaged.
>
> Started the returns procedure and it immediately popped up a message
> saying my refund had been approved and there was no need to return the item.
>
> Anybody know if this is standard policy for cheap items (<£15) or for> items
> that seem impossible to deliver undamaged?

Damaged and cheap, there is nothing they can do with it so why waste money on
transport.
Amazon returns policy is excellent. I've seen refunds arrive the day after I
delivered the parcel to the post office. Clearly well before they received it
back.
And I've never been queried as to why It was being returned beyond those on
the returns page.

> Bonus points if you can
> tell me where I can buy a replacement shade as the lamp will suit me fine.

IKEA ?
Or shop around the usual home furnishing stores for something similar. Dunelm
might be a good place to start, or even B&Q.

--
OI YOU, WASH YOUR HANDS.

Re: Amazon Return Policies

<t143qo$o4r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3605&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3605

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:21:44 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:21 UTC

On 19/03/2022 07:47, Ray wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2022 at 12:14:17 GMT, ""Jeff Gaines""<jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> Bought an IKEA Tagarp uplighter from Amazon marketplace a couple of days
>> ago.
>>
>> Several reviews noted the shade had arrived damaged and lo& behold when
>> mine turned up the shade was damaged.
>>
>> Started the returns procedure and it immediately popped up a message
>> saying my refund had been approved and there was no need to return the item.
>>
>> Anybody know if this is standard policy for cheap items (<£15) or for> items
>> that seem impossible to deliver undamaged?
>
> Damaged and cheap, there is nothing they can do with it so why waste money on
> transport.
> Amazon returns policy is excellent. I've seen refunds arrive the day after I
> delivered the parcel to the post office. Clearly well before they received it
> back.
> And I've never been queried as to why It was being returned beyond those on
> the returns page.
>

>> Bonus points if you can
>> tell me where I can buy a replacement shade as the lamp will suit me fine.
>
> IKEA ?
> Or shop around the usual home furnishing stores for something similar. Dunelm
> might be a good place to start, or even B&Q.

Araldite if it is not too badly damaged?

Jim

Re: Amazon Return Policies

<xn0nfjt8ncdeufa012@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3606&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3606

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 19 Mar 2022 08:46:18 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:46 UTC

On 19/03/2022 in message <t143qo$o4r$1@dont-email.me> Indy Jess John wrote:

>>>Bonus points if you can
>>>tell me where I can buy a replacement shade as the lamp will suit me
>>>fine.
>>
>>IKEA ?
>>Or shop around the usual home furnishing stores for something similar.
>>Dunelm
>>might be a good place to start, or even B&Q.
>>
>Araldite if it is not too badly damaged?

I'll have a try. Ironically it gives off a really nice light using a 9 W
LED bulb without shining in my eyes.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends