From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Stolen bike - CCTV access update.
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:10:44 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:10 UTC

After a week of calling, and getting told "It is being dealt with", "The
supervisor is dealing with it", "Has he not responded to you yet" and
variations.

This morning I got, "Hang on, I'll chase it" <pause> "Can you confirm
your email" (etc).

And the this response.

---8<
I write to inform you that a search has been undertaken of the City
Watch system for evidence relating to your data as per your recent
request. Unfortunately we do not have any data relating to your request
and there is no data within our saved digital storage system.

When searching for your data our officers undertake a thorough search of
the data which is automatically stored from the cameras over 31 days in
the area relating to your request. In addition a search is made of any
archive data which may have been saved to our digital memory system.

On this occasion, we were unable to find any data relating to the
details which you have provided
---8<

Once I got over the "I write"[1], I get the feeling I have been fobbed off.

I've informally asked for confirmation that the CCTV is in fact switched
off. And am mulling over a formal complaint.

In my submission I gave them thee exact spot, a time I could be seen
returning to the bike. A time quoted by 2 workers who say it was missing
within a 1 hr window of my return to the bike and the time I discovered
it missing.

[1] I can fucking see that you have done that'[2]
[2] Actually, you "typed"!

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"