From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Irony
Date: 27 Mar 2022 10:17:48 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:17 UTC

All the clocks in the house set themselves correctly overnight, even the
heating thermostat knew it had to go to BST!

Two exceptions, my main clock in the lounge that is in my line of sight
and the radio alarm so I am all behind like a cow's tail!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Re: Irony

<jab06jFgf41U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3686&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3686

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Irony
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 12:30:38 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:30 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:
> All the clocks in the house set themselves correctly overnight, even
> the heating thermostat knew it had to go to BST!
>
> Two exceptions, my main clock in the lounge that is in my line of
> sight and the radio alarm so I am all behind like a cow's tail!

Car clock, immersion heater control and microwave all have to be set I'm
afraid.
I'll most likely set the car clock when I reach the medical centre for
my blood tests tomorrow - - - - - - - - - - if I don't forget by then..
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: Irony

<t1pvgf$fgj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3689&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3689

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:22:55 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 15:22 UTC

On 27/03/2022 11:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> All the clocks in the house set themselves correctly overnight, even the
> heating thermostat knew it had to go to BST!

I have three radio controlled clocks in the house. I have one on my
bedside cabinet, my wife has one on her bedside cabinet, and there is
one on the wall in the living room. Both clocks on the bedside cabinets
set themselves to BST. The one in the living room didn't!

Jim

Re: Irony

<xn0nfveg46v7dbc00i@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3691&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3691

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 27 Mar 2022 15:47:15 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 15:47 UTC

On 27/03/2022 in message <t1pvgf$fgj$1@dont-email.me> Indy Jess John wrote:

>On 27/03/2022 11:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>All the clocks in the house set themselves correctly overnight, even the
>>heating thermostat knew it had to go to BST!
>
>I have three radio controlled clocks in the house. I have one on my
>bedside cabinet, my wife has one on her bedside cabinet, and there is one
>on the wall in the living room. Both clocks on the bedside cabinets set
>themselves to BST. The one in the living room didn't!
>
>Jim

There's a post in the DIY group from somebody looking for a network
controlled clock, I'd like one too!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those

Re: Irony

<t1rlkv$5lp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3692&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3692

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:46:54 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 06:46 UTC

Jeff Gaines explained on 27/03/2022 :
> Two exceptions, my main clock in the lounge that is in my line of sight and
> the radio alarm so I am all behind like a cow's tail!

That's nowt, I know someone who moved their clocks the wrong way, so
they were two hours out for much of Sunday :-)

Re: Irony

<xn0nfwgbf7tf2eu00s@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3694&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3694

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 28 Mar 2022 07:45:02 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:45 UTC

On 28/03/2022 in message <t1rlkv$5lp$1@dont-email.me> Harry Bloomfield Esq
wrote:

>Jeff Gaines explained on 27/03/2022 :
>>Two exceptions, my main clock in the lounge that is in my line of sight
>>and the radio alarm so I am all behind like a cow's tail!
>
>That's nowt, I know someone who moved their clocks the wrong way, so they
>were two hours out for much of Sunday :-)

Wow, it's hard enough explaining one hour to the dog :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks

Re: Irony

<jae3v1F4ammU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3713&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3713

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 16:53:05 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:53 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 27/03/2022 in message <t1pvgf$fgj$1@dont-email.me> Indy Jess John
> wrote:
>> On 27/03/2022 11:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>>
>>> All the clocks in the house set themselves correctly overnight,
>>> even the heating thermostat knew it had to go to BST!
>>
>> I have three radio controlled clocks in the house. I have one on my
>> bedside cabinet, my wife has one on her bedside cabinet, and there
>> is one on the wall in the living room. Both clocks on the bedside
>> cabinets set themselves to BST. The one in the living room didn't!
>>
>> Jim
>
> There's a post in the DIY group from somebody looking for a network
> controlled clock, I'd like one too!

I awoke Sunday morning and had forgotten that we'd jumped forward the
hour overnight. I didn't remember until it was 16:00, on my radio
controlled wrist- watch, which is my usual time I start preparing for
the Sunday roast I have in the evening. It just felt too early so I
checked the nearest clock, which was the one on the microwave oven,
and does not automatically change to BST. I saw 15:00 and in a split
second realised we'd switche to BST overnight.