History tends to exaggerate. -- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

SubjectAuthor
* PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
`* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorBob Latham
 `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
  `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
   `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorBob Latham
    `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
     `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorBob Latham
      `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
       `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorBob Latham
        +- Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
        `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
         +* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorThe Other John
         |`- Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorSH
         `* Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorBob Latham
          `- Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulatorJava Jive

1
PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tju2tg$139eg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37398&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37398

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:38:24 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:38 UTC

Hello,

for those of you who use DVB-T modulators on a HDMI output to send DVB-T
signals around the house to Freeview equipped TV sets, I have a burning
question or two.

Is there a time delay between a HDMI signal sent to a TV's HDMI socket
vs the DVB-T channel appearing on the freview set after having been
modulated by the DVB-T modulator and demodulated by the TV set's
internal freeview demodulator/tuner?

If yes, how long is this time lag?

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<5a411b6754bob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37401&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37401

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 16:01:56 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Bob Latham - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:01 UTC

In article <tju2tg$139eg$2@dont-email.me>,
SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:

> Is there a time delay between a HDMI signal sent to a TV's HDMI
> socket vs the DVB-T channel appearing on the freview set after
> having been modulated by the DVB-T modulator and demodulated by
> the TV set's internal freeview demodulator/tuner?

> If yes, how long is this time lag?

Yes there is, it's about 0.8 seconds. The only slight issue is when
controlling SkyQ re-wind and fast-forward but we found we quickly got
used to the lag and it's really not a problem. The bonus is that the
modulator output is also encryption free.

Bob.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tju5dl$139eg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37403&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37403

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:21:09 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:21 UTC

On 02/11/2022 16:01, Bob Latham wrote:
> In article <tju2tg$139eg$2@dont-email.me>,
> SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a time delay between a HDMI signal sent to a TV's HDMI
>> socket vs the DVB-T channel appearing on the freview set after
>> having been modulated by the DVB-T modulator and demodulated by
>> the TV set's internal freeview demodulator/tuner?
>
>> If yes, how long is this time lag?
>
> Yes there is, it's about 0.8 seconds. The only slight issue is when
> controlling SkyQ re-wind and fast-forward but we found we quickly got
> used to the lag and it's really not a problem. The bonus is that the
> modulator output is also encryption free.
>
> Bob.

Thank you thats a helpful reply.

The background to my initial enquiry was that * have 8 analogue caneras
that currently feed a bank of analogue modulators as well as a CCTV
recorder.

So any strange noises, the TV in the room I am in gets turned on and I
can check the cameras instead of having to go to a room with a PC, start
that up from cold and load up teh CCTV software

I was considering replacing the cameras with TVI/AHD/CVI cameras which
would then feed a new DVR and a TVI/AHD/CVI to HDMI converter feeding a
new bank of HDMI DVB-T modulators.

We have communicated via email before regarding traix TMB 2000 but I
seem to have mislaid your email address, hence the Newsgroup Ping to you :-)

P.S: Hows the Triax TMB2000 doing and did you manage to fix your Sky
magic eyes screening issue?

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tju5fn$139eg$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37404&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37404

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:22:16 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 16:22 UTC

On 02/11/2022 16:21, SH wrote:
> On 02/11/2022 16:01, Bob Latham wrote:
>> In article <tju2tg$139eg$2@dont-email.me>,
>>     SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a time delay between a HDMI signal sent to a TV's HDMI
>>> socket vs the DVB-T channel appearing on the freview set after
>>> having been modulated by the DVB-T modulator and demodulated by
>>> the TV set's internal freeview demodulator/tuner?
>>
>>> If yes, how long is this time lag?
>>
>> Yes there is, it's about 0.8 seconds. The only slight issue is when
>> controlling SkyQ re-wind and fast-forward but we found we quickly got
>> used to the lag and it's really not a problem. The bonus is that the
>> modulator output is also encryption free.
>>
>> Bob.
>>

> Thank you thats a helpful reply.
>
> The background to my initial enquiry was that * have 8 analogue caneras
> that currently feed a bank of analogue modulators as well as a CCTV
> recorder.
>
> So any strange noises, the TV in the room I am in gets turned on and I
> can check the cameras instead of having to go to a room with a PC, start
> that up from cold and load up teh CCTV software
>
> I was considering replacing the cameras with TVI/AHD/CVI cameras which
> would then feed a new DVR and a TVI/AHD/CVI to HDMI converter feeding a
> new bank of HDMI DVB-T modulators.
>
> We have communicated via email before regarding traix TMB 2000 but I
> seem to have mislaid your email address, hence the Newsgroup Ping to you
> :-)
>
> P.S: Hows the Triax TMB2000 doing and did you manage to fix your Sky
> magic eyes screening issue?

and was interested in the time lag between a suspect person or criminal
doing something ouside and it finally appearing on the Freeview TV
set... :-)

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<5a412144a6bob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37406&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37406

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 17:05:59 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Bob Latham - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:05 UTC

In article <tju5fn$139eg$4@dont-email.me>,
SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:

> > I was considering replacing the cameras with TVI/AHD/CVI cameras
> > which would then feed a new DVR and a TVI/AHD/CVI to HDMI
> > converter feeding a new bank of HDMI DVB-T modulators.

I can't imagine that the <1sec delay would be an issue for that
purpose.

I now use dual modulators that take 2 x 1080p streams for 1 mux.

> > We have communicated via email before regarding traix TMB 2000
> > but I seem to have mislaid your email address, hence the
> > Newsgroup Ping to you

I've sent a test email to you if your items4sale address is still
active.

> > P.S: Hows the Triax TMB2000 doing

It works just fine but I may use it just for tuning shortly, it
consumes 14 watts and thanks to lunatics playing silly buggers with
our energy supply that's now an issue.

> > and did you manage to fix your Sky magic eyes screening issue?

That's on-going. BH is so strong here. I now have 18dB attenuation
between the magic eye interception and the tv. It's clean without the
eye, they leak - bad!

> and was interested in the time lag between a suspect person or
> criminal doing something ouside and it finally appearing on the
> Freeview TV set... :-)

Less than a second.

Bob.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tju947$139eg$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37407&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37407

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:24:24 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:24 UTC

>>> We have communicated via email before regarding traix TMB 2000
>>> but I seem to have mislaid your email address, hence the
>>> Newsgroup Ping to you
>
> I've sent a test email to you if your items4sale address is still
> active.

Bing! You've got mail!

So how is people playing silly buggers with power affecting your TMB2000?

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<5a4124c68cbob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37409&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37409

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 17:44:18 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Bob Latham - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 17:44 UTC

In article <tju947$139eg$5@dont-email.me>,
SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:

> > I've sent a test email to you if your items4sale address is still
> > active.

> Bing! You've got mail!

> So how is people playing silly buggers with power affecting your
> TMB2000?

14 watts 24/7 cost .

Bob.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tjueed$17o1n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37414&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37414

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 18:55:08 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 18:55 UTC

On 02/11/2022 17:44, Bob Latham wrote:

>>> I've sent a test email to you if your items4sale address is still
>>> active.
>
>> Bing! You've got mail!
>
>> So how is people playing silly buggers with power affecting your
>> TMB2000?
>
> 14 watts 24/7 cost .
>
> Bob.

thats us doomed to sky high leccy bills then with phantom vulture loads:

14 mains interlinked smoke detectors
4 carbon monoxide detectors
an intruder alarm system with 20 PIRs and 3 bell boxes
8 CCTV cameras and a 20TB DVR,
10 analopgue TV modulators
12 PIR led floodlamps
4 off 16 port multswitches
4 masthead amps
2 off 32 port gigabit switches
4 NAS boxes
1 DNS server
1 Pihole server
1 wireguard server
1 Wifi AP and its network control server
2 fridges
2 freezers
several double gang sockets that have USB power sockets on them.
a house full of UPSes
fibre ONT and associated gigabit router
A houseful of non maintained emergency bulkhead lamps
answering machine.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<5a412ed661bob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37416&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37416

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 19:34:12 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Bob Latham - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:34 UTC

In article <tjueed$17o1n$1@dont-email.me>,
SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
> On 02/11/2022 17:44, Bob Latham wrote:

> >> Bing! You've got mail!
> >
> >> So how is people playing silly buggers with power affecting your
> >> TMB2000?
> >
> > 14 watts 24/7 cost .
> >
> > Bob.
> >

> thats us doomed to sky high leccy bills then with phantom vulture loads:

> 14 mains interlinked smoke detectors
> 4 carbon monoxide detectors
> an intruder alarm system with 20 PIRs and 3 bell boxes
> 8 CCTV cameras and a 20TB DVR,
> 10 analopgue TV modulators
> 12 PIR led floodlamps
> 4 off 16 port multswitches
> 4 masthead amps
> 2 off 32 port gigabit switches
> 4 NAS boxes
> 1 DNS server
> 1 Pihole server
> 1 wireguard server
> 1 Wifi AP and its network control server
> 2 fridges
> 2 freezers
> several double gang sockets that have USB power sockets on them.
> a house full of UPSes
> fibre ONT and associated gigabit router
> A houseful of non maintained emergency bulkhead lamps
> answering machine.

Well obviously you have more stuff on than me but I'm not that far
behind.

I have..
intruder alarm with PIRs and 3 bell boxes.
CCTV with 3 cameras
2 PIR flood lights
5 NAS boxes but only one 24/7
Virgin router in modem only mode.
Asus router
24 port core switch + others but they're not 24/7
Pihole server and Intranet server on same pi.
Remote control repeater system.
1 x Fridge
2 x freezer
mains clocks
SkyQ main box + SkyQ mini box.
2 X dual modulators but only one 24/7.
UHF 8 way distribution amplifier.
Telephone answering machine.

I've no doubt I'll think of some other stuff later.

I have cut back a bit, My Humax fox T2 is now switched off most of
the time and only one modulator running. Our two Denon mini systems
are switched off over night now. I have less light on in the day than
is needed really. I'm looking at dropping the TMB2000 for all but
tuning sessions.

Previous years we used 120-125 units per week leccy but we've got it
bellow 100 for some weeks now. It'll all go to pot when we are forced
to use the tumble dryer more.

Bloody climate zealots.

Bob.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tjuol0$17o1o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37418&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37418

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 21:49:19 +0000
 by: SH - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 21:49 UTC

On 02/11/2022 19:34, Bob Latham wrote:
> In article <tjueed$17o1n$1@dont-email.me>,
> SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
>> On 02/11/2022 17:44, Bob Latham wrote:

>>> 14 watts 24/7 cost .
>>>
>>> Bob.
>>>

>> thats us doomed to sky high leccy bills then with phantom vulture loads:
>
>> 14 mains interlinked smoke detectors
>> 4 carbon monoxide detectors
>> an intruder alarm system with 20 PIRs and 3 bell boxes
>> 8 CCTV cameras and a 20TB DVR,
>> 10 analopgue TV modulators
>> 12 PIR led floodlamps
>> 4 off 16 port multswitches
>> 4 masthead amps
>> 2 off 32 port gigabit switches
>> 4 NAS boxes
>> 1 DNS server
>> 1 Pihole server
>> 1 wireguard server
>> 1 Wifi AP and its network control server
>> 2 fridges
>> 2 freezers
>> several double gang sockets that have USB power sockets on them.
>> a house full of UPSes
>> fibre ONT and associated gigabit router
>> A houseful of non maintained emergency bulkhead lamps
>> answering machine.
>

> Well obviously you have more stuff on than me but I'm not that far
> behind.
>
> I have..
> intruder alarm with PIRs and 3 bell boxes.
> CCTV with 3 cameras
> 2 PIR flood lights
> 5 NAS boxes but only one 24/7
> Virgin router in modem only mode.
> Asus router
> 24 port core switch + others but they're not 24/7
> Pihole server and Intranet server on same pi.
> Remote control repeater system.
> 1 x Fridge
> 2 x freezer
> mains clocks
> SkyQ main box + SkyQ mini box.
> 2 X dual modulators but only one 24/7.
> UHF 8 way distribution amplifier.
> Telephone answering machine.
>
> I've no doubt I'll think of some other stuff later.
>
> I have cut back a bit, My Humax fox T2 is now switched off most of
> the time and only one modulator running. Our two Denon mini systems
> are switched off over night now. I have less light on in the day than
> is needed really. I'm looking at dropping the TMB2000 for all but
> tuning sessions.
>
> Previous years we used 120-125 units per week leccy but we've got it
> bellow 100 for some weeks now. It'll all go to pot when we are forced
> to use the tumble dryer more.
>
> Bloody climate zealots.
>

> Bob.

We have three options:

a green house which we can dry washing in......

Woodburner in lounge

Room with a dehumidifier in.

All should be cheaper than a tumble dryer :-)

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tk2jho$17o1n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37465&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37465

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 08:46:49 +0000
 by: SH - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 08:46 UTC

On 02/11/2022 19:34, Bob Latham wrote:
> In article <tjueed$17o1n$1@dont-email.me>,
> SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:
>> On 02/11/2022 17:44, Bob Latham wrote:

>>> 14 watts 24/7 cost .
>>>
>>> Bob.
>>>

>> thats us doomed to sky high leccy bills then with phantom vulture loads:
>
>> 14 mains interlinked smoke detectors
>> 4 carbon monoxide detectors
>> an intruder alarm system with 20 PIRs and 3 bell boxes
>> 8 CCTV cameras and a 20TB DVR,
>> 10 analopgue TV modulators
>> 12 PIR led floodlamps
>> 4 off 16 port multswitches
>> 4 masthead amps
>> 2 off 32 port gigabit switches
>> 4 NAS boxes
>> 1 DNS server
>> 1 Pihole server
>> 1 wireguard server
>> 1 Wifi AP and its network control server
>> 2 fridges
>> 2 freezers
>> several double gang sockets that have USB power sockets on them.
>> a house full of UPSes
>> fibre ONT and associated gigabit router
>> A houseful of non maintained emergency bulkhead lamps
>> answering machine.
>

> Well obviously you have more stuff on than me but I'm not that far
> behind.
>
> I have..
> intruder alarm with PIRs and 3 bell boxes.
> CCTV with 3 cameras
> 2 PIR flood lights
> 5 NAS boxes but only one 24/7
> Virgin router in modem only mode.
> Asus router
> 24 port core switch + others but they're not 24/7
> Pihole server and Intranet server on same pi.
> Remote control repeater system.
> 1 x Fridge
> 2 x freezer
> mains clocks
> SkyQ main box + SkyQ mini box.
> 2 X dual modulators but only one 24/7.
> UHF 8 way distribution amplifier.
> Telephone answering machine.
>
> I've no doubt I'll think of some other stuff later.
>
> I have cut back a bit, My Humax fox T2 is now switched off most of
> the time and only one modulator running. Our two Denon mini systems
> are switched off over night now. I have less light on in the day than
> is needed really. I'm looking at dropping the TMB2000 for all but
> tuning sessions.
>
> Previous years we used 120-125 units per week leccy but we've got it
> bellow 100 for some weeks now. It'll all go to pot when we are forced
> to use the tumble dryer more.
>
> Bloody climate zealots.
>

> Bob.

I've just realised the power vulture situation is worse.... all my TVs,
proper satellite receivers, Roku sticks and all my LNBs still draw power
in standby mode.....

Just submitted my monthly electricity reading to Octopus.... £210 for 30
days use, so thats £7 a day..... Gas costs us fair less even though we
use it for all cooking, all hot water and all central heating.

But I do have two daughters, with the consequent extra use of washing
machine and dishwasher..... and explains why we have two fridges and 2
freezers.

Whats your daily usage in Pounds?

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tk2rhe$1oeco$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37473&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37473

From: nom...@here.org (The Other John)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 11:03:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: The Other John - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 11:03 UTC

On Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:46:49 +0000, SH wrote:

> Whats your daily usage in Pounds?

£1.75 electricity, £5.87 gas. The electric is low because we have solar
panels. Gas CH + DHW. Cooking electric. 2 OAPs in 4 bed detached house
fully double glazed, 2 cavity walls insulated, 2 solid walls partially
insulated internally, loft 6" fibre glass.

--
TOJ.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tk2vhk$17o1n$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37475&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37475

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:11:32 +0000
 by: SH - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:11 UTC

On 04/11/2022 11:03, The Other John wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Nov 2022 08:46:49 +0000, SH wrote:
>
>> Whats your daily usage in Pounds?
>
> £1.75 electricity, £5.87 gas. The electric is low because we have solar
> panels. Gas CH + DHW. Cooking electric. 2 OAPs in 4 bed detached house
> fully double glazed, 2 cavity walls insulated, 2 solid walls partially
> insulated internally, loft 6" fibre glass.

my gas is actually far less than yours on a 38kW combi condensing
boiler, two gas ovens and 5 rring gas hob

2 adults, 2 daughters & 1 cat in a fully double glazed 5 bed house with
12 inches of loft insulation, full cavity insulation and there is even 8
inches of insulation between the upstaiors floor and downstairs ceiling

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<5a421762bdbob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37482&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37482

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 13:54:15 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Bob Latham - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 13:54 UTC

In article <tk2jho$17o1n$2@dont-email.me>,
SH <i.love@spam.com> wrote:

> Whats your daily usage in Pounds?

I confess I don't know.

We were a little unfortunate. I knew our current package ended in
August and discovered that I couldn't find any other supplier giving
quotes. Our supplier offered a fixed rate and a variable rate tariff.
It seemed in August that prices were only going to get higher and at
that time we knew nothing of the Truss limit.

We opted for the fixed tariff and of course gas prices dropped like a
stone. Then we found out that those on fixed tariffs don't get the
price limit like those on variable. Oh great, we lose again.

My energy went up quite a bit 15 months ago and then tripled this
year. Thanks CO2 loonies !!

For a month or so after the gov price limit was announced I tried to
find out exactly what our rates now were, I still don't know. The
Dumb meter tells me frightening prices and I've no idea if that's
including the limit or not.

I've tried several times to contact my supplier (Scottish Power) but
there's no chance, they don't answer the phone and it's the same
story for their web chat. I gave up some time ago.

Bob.

Re: PING Bob LATHAM and anyone else who owns a DVB-T modulator

<tk36kb$1r4or$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37484&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37484

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:12:23 +0000
 by: Java Jive - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 14:12 UTC

On 04/11/2022 13:54, Bob Latham wrote:

> My energy went up quite a bit 15 months ago and then tripled this
> year. Thanks CO2 loonies !!

Nothing to do with CO2 loonies, greenies, or any other environmental
pressure groups you decide to be paranoid about today. As has been
explained to you countless times already, electricity generated by
renewables is currently several times cheaper than the cost of
electricity generated by fossil fuels, but the artificial electricity
'market' is driven by the cost of the *most expensive* means of
generation, so your current high bills are being caused by the prices of
fossil fuels, not by the cost of renewables.

> I've tried several times to contact my supplier (Scottish Power) but
> there's no chance, they don't answer the phone and it's the same
> story for their web chat. I gave up some time ago.

Try emailing the CEO, give it a week or two, if still no reply, repeat,
copying your MP:
k e i t h . a n d e r s o n @ s c o t t i s h p o w e r . c o m

Worked for me during a story too long, complicated, and boring to retell
here, but basically was yet another example of a utility refusing to be
notified of a problem via chat or email, only by telephone, which was
never answered.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk