From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Purchase of rail rovers for collection?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:03:47 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:03 UTC

Does anyone know if its possible to purchase rail rovers for collection
from a ticket machine? I'm after a 3 day Freedom of Seven and Solent.

GWR and SWR will post them but I'm travelling tomorrow.

What is the industry going to do if the Westminster "government" closes
ticket offices?

Re: Purchase of rail rovers for collection?

<YOtDFFFiwLBjFA8c@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37788&group=uk.railway#37788

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Purchase of rail rovers for collection?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:38:10 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:38 UTC

In message <te255j$2utv6$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:03:47 on Tue, 23 Aug
2022, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk remarked:
>Does anyone know if its possible to purchase rail rovers for collection
>from a ticket machine? I'm after a 3 day Freedom of Seven and Solent.
>
>GWR and SWR will post them but I'm travelling tomorrow.

But surely you have one of these modern contraptions, known I think as a
Smartphone. Have it delivered to that.

>What is the industry going to do if the Westminster "government" closes
>ticket offices?

Continue to turn the screw of making rail travel less and less
attractive.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Purchase of rail rovers for collection?

<te2go8$2vvjo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37796&group=uk.railway#37796

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 13:21:28 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:21 UTC

On 23/08/2022 12:38, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <te255j$2utv6$1@dont-email.me>, at 10:03:47 on Tue, 23 Aug
> 2022, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk remarked:
>> Does anyone know if its possible to purchase rail rovers for
>> collection from a ticket machine?  I'm after a 3 day Freedom of Seven
>> and Solent.
>>
>> GWR and SWR will post them but I'm travelling tomorrow.
>
> But surely you have one of these modern contraptions, known I think as a
> Smartphone. Have it delivered to that.

I do but they only seem to be available as paper versions.

>> What is the industry going to do if the Westminster "government"
>> closes ticket offices?
>
> Continue to turn the screw of making rail travel less and less attractive.

You're not wrong.