From: tor...@torx.org (Torx)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Pointless
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:37:23 +0000
 by: Torx - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:37 UTC

Does anyone know what's happening with Pointless? It's supposed to be a
brand new series, minus Richard Osman, with various "celebrities" in his
place. We have seen three shows with replacements, now they are showing
the old repeats again. Any clues?

Re: Pointless

<6381200c.251098718@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37742&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37742

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Pointless
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 20:06:31 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 20:06 UTC

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:37:23 +0000, Torx <torx@torx.org> wrote:

>Does anyone know what's happening with Pointless? It's supposed to be a
>brand new series, minus Richard Osman, with various "celebrities" in his
>place. We have seen three shows with replacements, now they are showing
>the old repeats again. Any clues?

It doesn't matter how many repeats I watch I still can't remember the
answers :(

Maybe this will help:

https://premieredate.news/tv-series/7447-pointless-bbc.html

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Pointless

<tlrd4r$13b34$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37744&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37744

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:47:06 +0000
 by: MB - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:47 UTC

On 25/11/2022 18:37, Torx wrote:
> Does anyone know what's happening with Pointless? It's supposed to be a
> brand new series, minus Richard Osman, with various "celebrities" in his
> place. We have seen three shows with replacements, now they are showing
> the old repeats again. Any clues?

They are just showing some repeats, they have done it before.

I suspect also that the football has disrupted schedules and they would
not want to launch a new series when they have to fit around football
but did not know which matches would be shown and so which days they
would be able to show the news series of Pointless.

Re: Pointless

<tlskqc$1al0f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37748&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37748

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:04:12 +0000
 by: Davey - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:04 UTC

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 21:47:06 +0000
MB <MB@nospam.net> wrote:

> On 25/11/2022 18:37, Torx wrote:
> > Does anyone know what's happening with Pointless? It's supposed to
> > be a brand new series, minus Richard Osman, with various
> > "celebrities" in his place. We have seen three shows with
> > replacements, now they are showing the old repeats again. Any
> > clues?
>

> They are just showing some repeats, they have done it before.
>
> I suspect also that the football has disrupted schedules and they
> would not want to launch a new series when they have to fit around
> football but did not know which matches would be shown and so which
> days they would be able to show the news series of Pointless.

And Alexander mentioned in an interview that Richard would be coming
back for some episodes, so he has not given up Pointless entirely.

--
Davey.

Re: Pointless

<tlsmcg$1b5vu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37749&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37749

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:30:56 +0000
 by: MB - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 09:30 UTC

On 26/11/2022 09:04, Davey wrote:
> And Alexander mentioned in an interview that Richard would be coming
> back for some episodes, so he has not given up Pointless entirely.

It sounded as if he might do the Celebrity Pointless programmes which
would be logical because they were getting in a guest in to take his
place for a few weeks which gave them time to settle into the role But I
suppose they could get some of the guests back for the odd Celebrity
Pointless programme if they were good at it.

At least the guests all seemed quite good in Osman's role perhaps
because they did not go for the usual camp stand up 'comedians' who seem
to get everywhere.

Re: Pointless

<tlvmtv$1m2ag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37801&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37801

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 12:58:39 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 12:58 UTC

Hmm, I noticed the other day that Really were promoting a new series of
Helicopter ER on a Tuesday Evening, however after about 3 or four new ones
you get old ones, which still say new in the programme guide. I just think
companies are slapdash and just really don't pay attention or even care.
However if I was an advertiser on a commercial station and was paying for
a first run showing of my commercials, I'd get a little annoyed if they
padded out the series with old reruns.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"AnthonyL" <nospam@please.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:37:23 +0000, Torx <torx@torx.org> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know what's happening with Pointless? It's supposed to be a
>>brand new series, minus Richard Osman, with various "celebrities" in his
>>place. We have seen three shows with replacements, now they are showing
>>the old repeats again. Any clues?
>
> It doesn't matter how many repeats I watch I still can't remember the
> answers :(
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> https://premieredate.news/tv-series/7447-pointless-bbc.html
>

> --
> AnthonyL
>
> Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: Pointless

<juhqr4F42ouU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37822&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#37822

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 19:07:16 +0000
 by: alan_m - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 19:07 UTC

On 27/11/2022 12:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Hmm, I noticed the other day that Really were promoting a new series of
> Helicopter ER on a Tuesday Evening, however after about 3 or four new ones
> you get old ones, which still say new in the programme guide. I just think
> companies are slapdash and just really don't pay attention or even care.
> However if I was an advertiser on a commercial station and was paying for
> a first run showing of my commercials, I'd get a little annoyed if they
> padded out the series with old reruns.
> Brian

The Repair shop is the same.

Originally they must have filmed 30 minutes of the sob story about the
each item.

The first showing was about the repair. The "new" series is re-edited
old material and now consists of 90% of the time showing the sob story
and the other 10% showing only brief glimpses of the repair.