Neil Armstrong tripped.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?martin.coffee
+* Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?Recliner
|`* Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?martin.coffee
| `- Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?Recliner
`* Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?Roger Lynn
 +- Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?Certes
 `- Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?martin.coffee

1
Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<telitu$1hh8n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38743&group=uk.railway#38743

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 18:55:09 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:55 UTC

gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again. I noticed it on the south
west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.

Has anyone any idea what is going on?

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<teluvf$1im7o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38756&group=uk.railway#38756

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:20:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MY5wntFa9oX8R1K9N2RvqP1tJz8=
 by: Recliner - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:20 UTC

<martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again. I noticed it on the south
> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.
>
> Has anyone any idea what is going on?

Do you mean on the train WiFi?

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<use2ui-2a8.ln1@castle.rilynn.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38761&group=uk.railway#38761

From: use...@rilynn.me.uk (Roger Lynn)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:17:34 +0100
 by: Roger Lynn - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:17 UTC

On 30/08/2022 18:55, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:
> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again. I noticed it on the south
> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.

We were surprised and disappointed to discover that on HSTs and IETs while
on holiday in Cornwall four weeks ago. I think we were pleasantly surprised
to find it working on a 150 to Gunnislake, but I might be misremembering.
OpenTrainTimes still worked.

> Has anyone any idea what is going on?

Sorry no. It seems like a very customer hostile action to take.

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<tem5qj$1jb0a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38762&group=uk.railway#38762

From: non...@nowhere.net (Certes)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:17:38 +0100
 by: Certes - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:17 UTC

On 30/08/2022 23:17, Roger Lynn wrote:
> On 30/08/2022 18:55, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:
>> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again.  I noticed it on the south
>> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.
>
> We were surprised and disappointed to discover that on HSTs and IETs
> while on holiday in Cornwall four weeks ago. I think we were pleasantly
> surprised to find it working on a 150 to Gunnislake, but I might be
> misremembering. OpenTrainTimes still worked.
>
>> Has anyone any idea what is going on?
>
> Sorry no. It seems like a very customer hostile action to take.

It may just be an abundance of caution. Someone with more managerial
authority than technical knowledge may have limited the connection
to permit only websites they've heard of. I had a similar problem in
a hotel, though thankfully that manager wasn't aware of Tor.

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<tem7ub$1jg2j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38765&group=uk.railway#38765

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:53:47 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:53 UTC

On 30/08/2022 22:20, Recliner wrote:
> <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
>> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again. I noticed it on the south
>> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.
>>
>> Has anyone any idea what is going on?
>>

> Do you mean on the train WiFi?

Yes

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<tem88o$1jgt6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38766&group=uk.railway#38766

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:59:19 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:59 UTC

On 30/08/2022 23:17, Roger Lynn wrote:
> On 30/08/2022 18:55, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:
>> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again.  I noticed it on the south
>> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.
>
> We were surprised and disappointed to discover that on HSTs and IETs
> while on holiday in Cornwall four weeks ago. I think we were pleasantly
> surprised to find it working on a 150 to Gunnislake, but I might be
> misremembering. OpenTrainTimes still worked.

Rail Record also works.

They seem to have been locking it down during August.

A recent report on the 150s and 158s would be welcome.

>> Has anyone any idea what is going on?
>
> Sorry no. It seems like a very customer hostile action to take.

Re: Anyone any idea why gWr are blocking RTT and Traksy again?

<9fiugh5lbr23necueh9ii5sdqhtvkq40ra@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38792&group=uk.railway#38792

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:46:36 +0100
 by: Recliner - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:46 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:53:47 +0100, martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk wrote:

>On 30/08/2022 22:20, Recliner wrote:
>> <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
>>> gWr seem to be blocking RTT and Traksy again. I noticed it on the south
>>> west Turbo fleet a few weeks ago but it has now spread to IETs and HSTs.
>>>
>>> Has anyone any idea what is going on?
>>>

>> Do you mean on the train WiFi?
>>

>Yes

Maybe their staff are embarrassed when customers know more about what's happening that they do? But, presumably, you
can still access any such sites just using mobile data?