"Flattery is all right -- if you don't inhale." -- Adlai Stevenson

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq
+* Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Who, me?
|`- Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq
+* Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?boggy
|`- Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq
+* Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Indy Jess John
|`* Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq
| `- Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq
`- Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?Harry Bloomfield Esq

1
Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3gqud$6k9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3885&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3885

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:42:21 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:42 UTC

I have 7 or 8 meds to take - it alternates with one of them only to be
taken every second day and my pill organiser is worn out, so I looking
at alternatives replacements to buy.

During that process, I came across Simple Online Pharmacy, which site
claims to deliver meds pre-sorted and packed in a roll, inside a box.
You just pull off one pack, for the day, or morning / night, all in the
correct day order and delivered to your door. No need for a pill
organiser, or to sort them out of fiddly blister packs.

What I couldn't work out from their website, was if they still do
supply them as above, pre-packed and sorted for each day, or whether
they supply them as most online med suppliers - in the manufacturers
packs for you to sort. Anyone know?

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3h3u8$1q9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3886&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3886

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:15:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:15 UTC

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:42:21 +0100, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:

> I have 7 or 8 meds to take - it alternates with one of them only to be
> taken every second day and my pill organiser is worn out, so I looking
> at alternatives replacements to buy.
>
> During that process, I came across Simple Online Pharmacy, which site
> claims to deliver meds pre-sorted and packed in a roll, inside a box.
> You just pull off one pack, for the day, or morning / night, all in the
> correct day order and delivered to your door. No need for a pill
> organiser, or to sort them out of fiddly blister packs.
>
> What I couldn't work out from their website, was if they still do supply
> them as above, pre-packed and sorted for each day, or whether they
> supply them as most online med suppliers - in the manufacturers packs
> for you to sort. Anyone know?

Hmm, I wouldn't want anyone handling and sorted my tablets before I
received them, nor supplying them in anything but the proper boxes, but
if you are happy with that then why not contact them direct and ask the
question?

--
david

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3h724$p41$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3887&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3887

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:09:08 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 14:09 UTC

Who, me? formulated the question :
> Hmm, I wouldn't want anyone handling and sorted my tablets before I
> received them, nor supplying them in anything but the proper boxes, but
> if you are happy with that then why not contact them direct and ask the
> question?

In the past, they always were handled by staff in pharmacies, but I
would doubt they are manually handled now where so much will be passing
through a facility. It will all be done by machine, from bulk sources.

I know you can ask pharmacies to make up daily meds, they no doubt will
manually handle them.

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3ia70$dod$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3888&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3888

From: bog...@peatbogs.co.uk (boggy)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 01:09:00 +0100
 by: boggy - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 00:09 UTC

On 17/04/2022 11:42, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
> I have 7 or 8 meds to take - it alternates with one of them only to be
> taken every second day and my pill organiser is worn out, so I looking
> at alternatives replacements to buy.
>
> During that process, I came across Simple Online Pharmacy, which site
> claims to deliver meds pre-sorted and packed in a roll, inside a box.
> You just pull off one pack, for the day, or morning / night, all in the
> correct day order and delivered to your door. No need for a pill
> organiser, or to sort them out of fiddly blister packs.
>
> What I couldn't work out from their website, was if they still do supply
> them as above, pre-packed and sorted for each day, or whether they
> supply them as most online med suppliers - in the manufacturers packs
> for you to sort. Anyone know?

This:

<https://simpleonlinepharmacy.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360047219712-What-is-our-pouch-service-How-does-it-work->

suggests they still offer the service (I only ever use my local
pharmacy, so have no idea how well this works!)

--

boggy

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3j9ls$vra$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3892&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3892

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:06:03 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 09:06 UTC

On 17/04/2022 11:42, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
> I have 7 or 8 meds to take - it alternates with one of them only to be
> taken every second day and my pill organiser is worn out, so I looking
> at alternatives replacements to buy.

I have a relative who takes a range of tablets and his local pharmacy
supplies them in a "Dosibox" which is an organiser pre-populated with
what he takes. They are normally supplied free of charge if you ask for
that method.

Jim

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3k10c$7eu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3897&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3897

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 16:44:10 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:44 UTC

boggy pretended :
> This:
>
> <https://simpleonlinepharmacy.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360047219712-What-is-our-pouch-service-How-does-it-work->
>
> suggests they still offer the service (I only ever use my local pharmacy, so
> have no idea how well this works!)

That's it - it said unavailable when I first looked, but it seemed
unclear whether it was no longer available ever, or simply not
available until one registered.

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3k16o$8sl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3898&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3898

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 16:47:34 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 15:47 UTC

Indy Jess John pretended :
> I have a relative who takes a range of tablets and his local pharmacy
> supplies them in a "Dosibox" which is an organiser pre-populated with what he
> takes. They are normally supplied free of charge if you ask for that method.

My thoughts were that was a custom / manual system, possibly more error
prone and more troublesome than an automated system used by a larger
supplier.

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3m1ms$ere$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3904&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3904

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:08:27 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:08 UTC

Harry Bloomfield Esq presented the following explanation :
> Indy Jess John pretended :
>> I have a relative who takes a range of tablets and his local pharmacy
>> supplies them in a "Dosibox" which is an organiser pre-populated with what
>> he takes. They are normally supplied free of charge if you ask for that
>> method.
>
> My thoughts were that was a custom / manual system, possibly more error prone
> and more troublesome than an automated system used by a larger supplier.

I have just put my first order in and I was correct, it is an automated
mechanical picking and pouching service. You order the meds, select
them in the tear off pouches, then then get in touch with you via email
to ask how you want them arranged by the time of day you need to take
them. That last bit was the part which really confused me, because
there was no obvious way to indicate how you needed them sorted for
time of day - 8am, 12, 4pm or 8pm.

Perhaps they will add that to their website in time?

There was one med, which I take on alternate days, which they not able
to supply in such a low dose tablet - it just wasn't listed as an
option. I may need to discus this further with them, or source it
locally.

In the midst of typing this, they rang me, to double check my order and
discus the fact that they didn't list the low dose tablet I needed.
They can in fact supply it, but there system wasn't able to supply it
included in the pouches alternate days, it would have to be included
separately to the pouches.

Next they asked would I be happy for them to deal with ordering the
repeat meds from the GP, of course, why not.

Initial impression - absolutely great so far. It will save me keeping
multiple packs of meds and the weekly task of sorting them out into a
pill organiser.

Re: Anyone using Simple Online Pharmacy?

<t3rcg0$io$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3914&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3914

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:43:11 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 10:43 UTC

Harry Bloomfield Esq formulated on Sunday :
> I have 7 or 8 meds to take - it alternates with one of them only to be taken
> every second day and my pill organiser is worn out, so I looking at
> alternatives replacements to buy.
>
> During that process, I came across Simple Online Pharmacy, which site claims
> to deliver meds pre-sorted and packed in a roll, inside a box. You just pull
> off one pack, for the day, or morning / night, all in the correct day order
> and delivered to your door. No need for a pill organiser, or to sort them out
> of fiddly blister packs.
>
> What I couldn't work out from their website, was if they still do supply them
> as above, pre-packed and sorted for each day, or whether they supply them as
> most online med suppliers - in the manufacturers packs for you to sort.
> Anyone know?

The online pharmacy seems to be more on the ball than either the
surgery, or the local pharmacy I have been using to date and for
several years.
They spotted a potential for interaction between Omeprazole and
Clopidogrel, advised the surgery and suggested an alternative for the
Omeprazole. The surgery then rang me to advise of the amendment to my
prescription.