BEWARE! People acting under the influence of human nature.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: GP appointments turn around.

SubjectAuthor
* GP appointments turn around.Harry Bloomfield Esq
`* GP appointments turn around.Harry Bloomfield Esq
 +* GP appointments turn around.Jeff Gaines
 |`- GP appointments turn around.Harry Bloomfield Esq
 `* GP appointments turn around.Indy Jess John
  `- GP appointments turn around.Graham Harrison

1
GP appointments turn around.

<t4bmid$v5s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3941&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3941

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GP appointments turn around.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:13:16 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:13 UTC

I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been
absolutely fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had face
to face available and plenty of those.

Re: GP appointments turn around.

<t4df77$etg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3947&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3947

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GP appointments turn around.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:20:06 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:20 UTC

Harry Bloomfield Esq has brought this to us :
> I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been absolutely
> fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had face to face
> available and plenty of those.

I was told appointments get released at 8am, so told to ring then (just
now). There are no phone appointments for at least two weeks, but
several F2F appointment to be had today.

I booked a F2F afternoon appointment for 1:30. You would think they
could just convert a F2F to a phone appointment, if it would suit. It
saves both patient and doctor time.

Re: GP appointments turn around.

<xn0nh5eq31bvgb1007@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3949&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3949

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 28 Apr 2022 07:54:24 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:54 UTC

On 28/04/2022 in message <t4df77$etg$1@dont-email.me> Harry Bloomfield Esq
wrote:

>Harry Bloomfield Esq has brought this to us :
>>I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been
>>absolutely fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had face
>>to face available and plenty of those.
>
>I was told appointments get released at 8am, so told to ring then (just
>now). There are no phone appointments for at least two weeks, but several
>F2F appointment to be had today.
>
>I booked a F2F afternoon appointment for 1:30. You would think they could
>just convert a F2F to a phone appointment, if it would suit. It saves both
>patient and doctor time.

My surgery will convert phone to F2F if you book a phone appointment then
call them.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

Re: GP appointments turn around.

<t4dq1e$2hj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3950&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3950

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:24:47 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:24 UTC

On 28/04/2022 08:20, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
> Harry Bloomfield Esq has brought this to us :
>> I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been
>> absolutely fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had
>> face to face available and plenty of those.
>
> I was told appointments get released at 8am, so told to ring then (just
> now). There are no phone appointments for at least two weeks, but
> several F2F appointment to be had today.
>
> I booked a F2F afternoon appointment for 1:30. You would think they
> could just convert a F2F to a phone appointment, if it would suit. It
> saves both patient and doctor time.

There can be hidden advantages in a F2F appointment.
I know someone who was due a monitoring appointment for a pre-existing
condition, and that was offered as a F2F appointment. It went routinely
until the doctor noticed something completely different from what the
appointment was supposed to cover and made a consultant appointment for
the suspicion to be checked out.

To cut a long story short, tests and scans later the patient was
diagnosed as having early signs of Parkinsons as well as the condition
under review. If it had been a telephone appointment (which would have
been sufficient for the review), the slight tremor would not have been
mentioned by patient or doctor, and the Parkinsons treatment would not
have started until the symptoms had got considerably worse.

Jim

Re: GP appointments turn around.

<0cvk6hpu2u1on0osm7t8o5pgglme2jvo82@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3952&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3952

From: edward.h...@btinternet.com (Graham Harrison)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:46:02 +0100
 by: Graham Harrison - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:46 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:24:47 +0100, Indy Jess John
<bathwatchdog@OMITTHISgooglemail.com> wrote:

>On 28/04/2022 08:20, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
>> Harry Bloomfield Esq has brought this to us :
>>> I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been
>>> absolutely fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had
>>> face to face available and plenty of those.
>>
>> I was told appointments get released at 8am, so told to ring then (just
>> now). There are no phone appointments for at least two weeks, but
>> several F2F appointment to be had today.
>>
>> I booked a F2F afternoon appointment for 1:30. You would think they
>> could just convert a F2F to a phone appointment, if it would suit. It
>> saves both patient and doctor time.
>
>There can be hidden advantages in a F2F appointment.
>I know someone who was due a monitoring appointment for a pre-existing
>condition, and that was offered as a F2F appointment. It went routinely
>until the doctor noticed something completely different from what the
>appointment was supposed to cover and made a consultant appointment for
>the suspicion to be checked out.
>
>To cut a long story short, tests and scans later the patient was
>diagnosed as having early signs of Parkinsons as well as the condition
>under review. If it had been a telephone appointment (which would have
>been sufficient for the review), the slight tremor would not have been
>mentioned by patient or doctor, and the Parkinsons treatment would not
>have started until the symptoms had got considerably worse.
>
>Jim

I've recently had a similar experience. Got sent for a CT scan to see
what's happening to my tumour. That was Wednesday late afternoon.
Thursday evening I got a phone call about 2130 saying please come to
"Ambulatory Emergency Care" tomorrow you've got a blood clot in your
lungs. Quite how a CT of my liver led to a blood clot in a lung I have
no idea. Anyway, I'm now injecting myself with a blood thinner twice
daily.

Re: GP appointments turn around.

<t4eht7$5jp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3954&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3954

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:12:06 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:12 UTC

Jeff Gaines formulated on Thursday :
> On 28/04/2022 in message <t4df77$etg$1@dont-email.me> Harry Bloomfield Esq
> wrote:
>
>>Harry Bloomfield Esq has brought this to us :
>>>I needed an appointment today, a phone appointment would have been
>>> absolutely fine, but they are booked up weeks ahead. They only had face
>>> to face available and plenty of those.
>>
>>I was told appointments get released at 8am, so told to ring then (just
>> now). There are no phone appointments for at least two weeks, but several
>> F2F appointment to be had today.
>>
>>I booked a F2F afternoon appointment for 1:30. You would think they could
>> just convert a F2F to a phone appointment, if it would suit. It saves both
>> patient and doctor time.
>
> My surgery will convert phone to F2F if you book a phone appointment then
> call them.

I'm guessing NHS has been applying pressure to surgeries to have more
F2F appointments, that's why I am finding so difficult to book them.