From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Ambulance on Quest.
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 09:12:04 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 4 Feb 2023 09:12 UTC

Its a strange production by some outfit called Ladybird films and the bbc.
However what mainly annoyed me about it was the audio description.
It was being provided by a very monotonous sounding artificial speech
system, obviously being fed by a script. You would think their budget could
have ran to a proper voice artist to read it.
I use artificial speech all day, and the one for example in Microsoft Edge
is very good, but the one they used kept almost yodelling as it spoke and
really, when enjoying listening to TV, I do not want some dodgy synthetic
voice yet again. This is already happening on my bank statements and some
nhs letters, and I guess it cheap, but one might actually suggest cheapskate
in this case.
Brian

--

--: