From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Sky Go channel 101
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 08:32:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:t9wSpwHWh5tMRfD9jfZu8Q1saC0=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 08:32 UTC

Does anyone here use the Sky Go app? I use it on my iPad as my TV guide,
mainly to set recordings on my Sky Q box. Up to the start of Feb channel
101 was East Midlands SD. Once 101 moved to being East Midlands HD 101
vanished from the guide on the app. (It is there on the box’s own guide).
The rest of the BBC channels are still there, eg 102 (BBC2) 115 (the
national BBC1 HD).

So to be clear, this is nothing to do with using Sky Go to watch programmes
on my device, but simply to use it as a convenient programme guide. I’m now
on my third round of emails with Sky. Unfortunately they don’t appear to
employ staff with comprehension skills as they invariably answer with some
boiler plate that has little to do with the question asked.

I’m hoping this is just a temporary phase.

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<k4mg2qFchkjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39688&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39688

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Sky Go channel 101
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:11:53 +0000
 by: Mark Carver - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:11 UTC

On 10/02/2023 08:32, Tweed wrote:
> Does anyone here use the Sky Go app? I use it on my iPad as my TV guide,
> mainly to set recordings on my Sky Q box. Up to the start of Feb channel
> 101 was East Midlands SD. Once 101 moved to being East Midlands HD 101
> vanished from the guide on the app. (It is there on the box’s own guide).
> The rest of the BBC channels are still there, eg 102 (BBC2) 115 (the
> national BBC1 HD).

I've just looked on my Sky Go app. Same for me. BBC 1 South on 101 on
the Q box, but nothing on 101 on Sky Go.

However I have found BBC 1 South HD on 801. Try yours ?

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<ts52ej$10ki3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39691&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39691

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:23:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6YqVC9srCdgLpgD1YTygvduF3Q8=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:23 UTC

Mark Carver <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/02/2023 08:32, Tweed wrote:
>> Does anyone here use the Sky Go app? I use it on my iPad as my TV guide,
>> mainly to set recordings on my Sky Q box. Up to the start of Feb channel
>> 101 was East Midlands SD. Once 101 moved to being East Midlands HD 101
>> vanished from the guide on the app. (It is there on the box’s own guide).
>> The rest of the BBC channels are still there, eg 102 (BBC2) 115 (the
>> national BBC1 HD).
>>

> I've just looked on my Sky Go app. Same for me. BBC 1 South on 101 on
> the Q box, but nothing on 101 on Sky Go.
>
> However I have found BBC 1 South HD on 801. Try yours ?

Yes, I have the correct channel on 801. It’s an awful lot of scrolling down
though…..

At least it’s not just me. Maybe they might get around to sorting it. I
don’t suppose you have any industry contacts in Sky?

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<k4mgtiFchkjU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39692&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39692

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:26:10 +0000
 by: Mark Carver - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:26 UTC

On 10/02/2023 09:23, Tweed wrote:
> Mark Carver <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On 10/02/2023 08:32, Tweed wrote:
>>> Does anyone here use the Sky Go app? I use it on my iPad as my TV guide,
>>> mainly to set recordings on my Sky Q box. Up to the start of Feb channel
>>> 101 was East Midlands SD. Once 101 moved to being East Midlands HD 101
>>> vanished from the guide on the app. (It is there on the box’s own guide).
>>> The rest of the BBC channels are still there, eg 102 (BBC2) 115 (the
>>> national BBC1 HD).
>>>

>> I've just looked on my Sky Go app. Same for me. BBC 1 South on 101 on
>> the Q box, but nothing on 101 on Sky Go.
>>
>> However I have found BBC 1 South HD on 801. Try yours ?
>>
> Yes, I have the correct channel on 801. It’s an awful lot of scrolling down
> though…..
>
> At least it’s not just me. Maybe they might get around to sorting it. I
> don’t suppose you have any industry contacts in Sky?

Not in that part of the organisation,  but I'll see what I can
discover......

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<k4nla0FhmlpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39704&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39704

From: void-inv...@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 19:47:12 +0000
 by: Brian Gregory - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 19:47 UTC

On 10/02/2023 09:26, Mark Carver wrote:
> On 10/02/2023 09:23, Tweed wrote:
>> Mark Carver <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I've just looked on my Sky Go app. Same for me. BBC 1 South on 101 on
>>> the Q box, but nothing on 101 on Sky Go.
>>>
>>> However I have found BBC 1 South HD on 801. Try yours ?
>>>
>> Yes, I have the correct channel on 801. It’s an awful lot of scrolling
>> down
>> though…..
>>
>> At least it’s not just me. Maybe they might get around to sorting it. I
>> don’t suppose you have any industry contacts in Sky?
>>
> Not in that part of the organisation,  but I'll see what I can
> discover......

Hopefully they'll eventually swap 801 and 101 then.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<ts673v$14qb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39705&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39705

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 19:49:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:du6zB08iPFmxCnU+WTL4MeQUXKI=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 19:49 UTC

Brian Gregory <void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid> wrote:
> On 10/02/2023 09:26, Mark Carver wrote:

>>> Yes, I have the correct channel on 801. It’s an awful lot of scrolling
>>> down
>>> though…..
>>>
>>> At least it’s not just me. Maybe they might get around to sorting it. I
>>> don’t suppose you have any industry contacts in Sky?
>>>
>> Not in that part of the organisation,  but I'll see what I can
>> discover......
>
> Hopefully they'll eventually swap 801 and 101 then.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of these additional entries in the 800s
on the Sky guide?

Re: Sky Go channel 101

<k4nninFhmlpU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=39706&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#39706

From: void-inv...@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 20:25:59 +0000
 by: Brian Gregory - Fri, 10 Feb 2023 20:25 UTC

On 10/02/2023 19:49, Tweed wrote:
> Brian Gregory <void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid> wrote:

>>> Not in that part of the organisation,  but I'll see what I can
>>> discover......
>>
>> Hopefully they'll eventually swap 801 and 101 then.
>>

> Incidentally, what is the purpose of these additional entries in the 800s
> on the Sky guide?

When something is available in both HD and SD, the 8xx ones are supposed
to the resolution that you normally don't use and don't really need to use.

So nowadays they're usually SD versions of HD channels, but I think
originally they were normally the HD versions. I think perhaps it
depends how your Sky box is configured or the age of your Sky box.

For some channels, such as "BBC One", and for some reason I think
"Channel 4", it was decided that both versions needed to be lower
numbers, so your other "BBC One" was, at least in England, on 115
instead of on 801.

In the case of "BBC One" it was presumably because it wasn't
unreasonable to want to watch in HD and also it wasn't unreasonable to
want to see your local news, so both needed to be on easily accessible
low numbers on the EPG.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: Sky Go channel 101