From: salad.do...@idnet.com (Salad Dodger)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Paging the motorbike whisperer. :-)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:51:54 +0100
 by: Salad Dodger - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:51 UTC

Thank you so much, once again, for your ministrations to a stricken
Electra Glide.

A couple of follow-up observations:

a: following the reluctance to boot up[1] after its lie-down, I
decided to replace the fob battery ( a 2032, 1.5v thing), just in
case.
Top tip: fit it the right way up, or you may be sat in Sainsbury's
car park for ages with the alarm going off repeatedly.
Oddly, it works fine now. :-)

b: that tinny rattle, towards the rear? I think I've found the source.
Can you think of anywhere a bit of loosely attached thin metal might
be? Me either? I have some 1mm sheet, and am going to cut, and bend a
plate so it fits over the front. I shall attach it to the rear via
existing bolt holes, and at the front with stainless zip ties.

Painted black, and covered in mud, no-one will suspect a thing.

[1] The 'Glide was rolled onto its side, and rested on its crash bars
with some very helpful firewood supports, while Simon broke out a
variety of hammer sizes.
Plate did not appear to have been attached to the frame (at the front,
anyway) by welding. Tends to suggest its structural worth is minimal.
When I stood it back up, and turned on the ignition, all looked fine,
until I pressed the starter, whereupon all the lights went out, and
the LCD dash had a bit of a tizzie. Just before we broke out the
battery booster, I turned it off, selected neutral, and turned it on
again, and all was tickety-boo. Hooray.
--
Salad Dodger
1690 FLHTK;GL1800D

Re: Paging the motorbike whisperer. :-)

<53b7kg1g0b4pfnce832k4v7hcfvaj92t7l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3982&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3982

From: mar...@markr.myzen.co.uk (Mark Roberts)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Paging the motorbike whisperer. :-)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:45:11 +0100
 by: Mark Roberts - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:45 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:51:54 +0100, Salad Dodger
<salad.dodger@idnet.com> wrote:

>b: that tinny rattle, towards the rear? I think I've found the source.
> Can you think of anywhere a bit of loosely attached thin metal might
>be? Me either? I have some 1mm sheet, and am going to cut, and bend a
>plate so it fits over the front. I shall attach it to the rear via
>existing bolt holes, and at the front with stainless zip ties.

Might be worth trying some black 'stixall'
https://tinyurl.com/4czvcymh
--
Mark Roberts

Re: Paging the motorbike whisperer. :-)

<iqhq6mFbcrgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3983&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3983

From: new...@loampitsfarm.co.uk (AJH)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:10:44 +0100
 by: AJH - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:10 UTC

On 16/09/2021 21:45, Mark Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:51:54 +0100, Salad Dodger
> <salad.dodger@idnet.com> wrote:
>
>> b: that tinny rattle, towards the rear? I think I've found the source.
>> Can you think of anywhere a bit of loosely attached thin metal might
>> be? Me either? I have some 1mm sheet, and am going to cut, and bend a
>> plate so it fits over the front. I shall attach it to the rear via
>> existing bolt holes, and at the front with stainless zip ties.
>
> Might be worth trying some black 'stixall'
> https://tinyurl.com/4czvcymh

I use this a fair amount, it is stocked at most toolstation shops for
not much more and no carriage if you can get to a local one.

Re: Paging the motorbike whisperer. :-)

<ocd7kg5n186ccu8q5nejt0b6qa80393vvj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3984&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3984

From: salad.do...@idnet.com (Salad Dodger)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:22:40 +0100
 by: Salad Dodger - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 21:22 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:10:44 +0100, AJH <news@loampitsfarm.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 16/09/2021 21:45, Mark Roberts wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:51:54 +0100, Salad Dodger
>> <salad.dodger@idnet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> b: that tinny rattle, towards the rear? I think I've found the source.
>>> Can you think of anywhere a bit of loosely attached thin metal might
>>> be? Me either? I have some 1mm sheet, and am going to cut, and bend a
>>> plate so it fits over the front. I shall attach it to the rear via
>>> existing bolt holes, and at the front with stainless zip ties.
>>
>> Might be worth trying some black 'stixall'
>> https://tinyurl.com/4czvcymh
>>
>I use this a fair amount, it is stocked at most toolstation shops for
>not much more and no carriage if you can get to a local one.

Marked for "click and collect" tomorrow. Ta, both