The worst is not so long as we can say "This is the worst." -- King Lear

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

SubjectAuthor
* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloBruce Horrocks
+- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloAlan
+- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloAlan
+- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloHog
+* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloMike Fleming
|`* Motoguzzi V100 Mandellosweller
| `* Motoguzzi V100 Mandellosweller
|  `* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloMike Fleming
|   `- Motoguzzi V100 Mandellosweller
+- Motoguzzi V100 Mandellowessie
+- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloMark Olson
+* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloChamp
|`- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloAce
+* Motoguzzi V100 Mandellowessie
|`* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloSqirrel99
| `* Motoguzzi V100 Mandellowessie
|  `* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloPipl
|   `- Motoguzzi V100 Mandellowessie
+* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloTurby
|+- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloEddie
|`* Motoguzzi V100 MandelloAce
| `- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloBruce Horrocks
`- Motoguzzi V100 MandelloTim

1
Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<ea86424d-6657-255a-ef47-56f5c2a7a76d@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3949&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3949

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:30:05 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:30 UTC

What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?

<https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>

Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
improvement it would have been done years ago.

Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

--
Bruce Horrocks
FJR1300AS

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XMGdndNhKsdkhNz8nZ2dnUU78V-dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3950&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3950

From: ala...@darkroom.+.com (Alan)
Subject: Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:54:01 -0500
 by: Alan - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:54 UTC

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:30:05 +0100, Bruce Horrocks wrote:

> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
> thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
> improvement it would have been done years ago.

Emissions. The (large) engine needed a total revamp as it could not meet
the Euro (6?) standards. BMW did the same a number of years back. Guzzi
havent produced an engine bigger than 800cc for 3, maybe 4, years now,
this one is a new design, hence the shaft moving too.
They were being run with little money invested (as it has been for the
last 30 years), but the success of the V85 has given a boost to them, and
shown there is some life left in them, a bit more money has come in from
sales to fund the development. Outsourcing has helped too,assembly is
still mainly in Italy, but, I have read, engines and other large parts
are now made in Korea,

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XMGdndJhKsfJh9z8nZ2dnUU78V8AAAAA@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3951&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3951

From: ala...@darkroom.+.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:55:32 -0500
 by: Alan - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:55 UTC

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:30:05 +0100, Bruce Horrocks wrote:

> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>

Oh, and if I could afford it, I'd be on the waiting list for one.

> Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
> bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

No, it'd cost many 10's/100's of thousands to re-design it, they wouldnt
do that for fashion.

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<3e87e1dc-f9bf-46c1-b0e2-0295c78c19dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3952&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3952

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: york...@gmail.com (Hog)
 by: Hog - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:12 UTC

On Tuesday, 14 September 2021 at 21:30:09 UTC+1, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
> thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
> improvement it would have been done years ago.
>
> Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
> bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

I like it.
Have a spare R100RS fairing they can borrow, to copy for this bike though, pretty please
Now wouldn't that be A Thing

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqcmidFbsfcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3954&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3954

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:38:04 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:38 UTC

On 14/09/2021 21:30, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
> thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
> improvement it would have been done years ago.
>
> Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
> bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

Is it my eyes or are the cylinder heads slightly splayed, like on the
venerable CX500?

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XnsADA5F2B95DDE6wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3955&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3955

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:51:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:51 UTC

Bruce Horrocks <07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote in news:ea86424d-6657-255a-
ef47-56f5c2a7a76d@scorecrow.com:

> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?

one hopes it will not cost more than the F900XR I had as a service loan
bike this week

> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
> thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
> improvement it would have been done years ago.

practicality of adding water cooling for noise & emissions compliance -
they need the plumbing to be where the exhaust used to be so put the
exhausts in the same place as most other V twins.

> Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
> bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

no idea

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<shrqa3$mcq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3957&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3957

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:46:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:46 UTC

Bruce Horrocks <07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote:
> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>

If I am not mistaken, that was filmed at Lago Di Garda, correct?

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqdejaFg30pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3959&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3959

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 15 Sep 2021 05:28:10 GMT
 by: sweller - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 05:28 UTC

Mike Fleming wrote:

> Is it my eyes or are the cylinder heads slightly splayed, like on the
> venerable CX500?

They always were - it's impossible for the cranks to be dead parallel.
Unless the connecting rods have doglegs in them.

--
Simon

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqdghoFgdhoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3961&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3961

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 15 Sep 2021 06:01:28 GMT
 by: sweller - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 06:01 UTC

Pip Luscher wrote:

> > Is it my eyes or are the cylinder heads
> > slightly splayed, like on the> venerable CX500?
> >> They always were - it's impossible for the cranks to be dead
> > parallel.Unless the connecting rods have doglegs in them.
>
> I think he's referring to the CX heads being skewed so the
> exhausts pointed outwards and the carbs inwards, not the crankpin
> offset.

Oh, that's not how I read it - especially in the context of OP's "what
do you think of the exhausts" comment.

but, maybe.

--
Simon

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<kqe3kgdgc2v0l8ni2l56j7bmi5q3kdms98@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3962&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3962

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:22:43 +0100
 by: Champ - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 09:22 UTC

<07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote:

>What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
>the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
><https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>

Gets the carbs out of the way of the riders knees
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re:Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XnsADA6A78DB7C23wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3966&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3966

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:28:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:28 UTC

Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:iqdco5Ffns5U1
@mid.individual.net:
> It looks OK but it's liquid cooled. Kind of defeats the poibt of
> having the cylibders in the breeze. Still, valve adjustment
> should still be relatively easy, I suppose.
> Meh.

I think it is like the BMW boxers, where just the top end gets water
cooling. The rest of the lump still needs decent airflow.

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<sht3oc$n3s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3967&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3967

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:33:30 +0100
 by: Sqirrel99 - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:33 UTC

wessie wrote:
> Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:iqdco5Ffns5U1
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> It looks OK but it's liquid cooled. Kind of defeats the poibt of
>> having the cylibders in the breeze. Still, valve adjustment
>> should still be relatively easy, I suppose.
>> Meh.
>>

> I think it is like the BMW boxers, where just the top end gets water
> cooling. The rest of the lump still needs decent airflow.

It has a pretty big radiator though, so probably not just the top end.

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XnsADA6B05841ACFwtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3968&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3968

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:20:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:20 UTC

Sqirrel99 <secret.sqirrel99@gmail.com> wrote in news:sht3oc$n3s$1@dont-
email.me:

> wessie wrote:
>> Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:iqdco5Ffns5U1
>> @mid.individual.net:
>>
>>> It looks OK but it's liquid cooled. Kind of defeats the poibt of
>>> having the cylibders in the breeze. Still, valve adjustment
>>> should still be relatively easy, I suppose.
>>> Meh.
>>>

>> I think it is like the BMW boxers, where just the top end gets water
>> cooling. The rest of the lump still needs decent airflow.
>
> It has a pretty big radiator though, so probably not just the top end.

it has a big grille but probably an oil cooler behind there as well

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<mqb4kg1u7v0g8gpqnnlbterjiehc1775d1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3969&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3969

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 18:46:55 +0100
 by: Pipl - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:46 UTC

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:20:08 -0000 (UTC), wessie
<willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

>Sqirrel99 <secret.sqirrel99@gmail.com> wrote in news:sht3oc$n3s$1@dont-
>email.me:
>
>> wessie wrote:
>>> Pip Luscher <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in news:iqdco5Ffns5U1
>>> @mid.individual.net:

>>> I think it is like the BMW boxers, where just the top end gets water
>>> cooling. The rest of the lump still needs decent airflow.
>>
>> It has a pretty big radiator though, so probably not just the top end.
>>

>it has a big grille but probably an oil cooler behind there as well

Yeah, sub-piston cooling is used on the 1200s, so I'd expect the same
on this.

Having had time to look at the video, the few glimpses I had of the
back of the engine seem to agree with my earlier comment: it's got a
smaller clutch that seems to be mounted higher up to the left of the
starter. Possibly even a wet clutch.

--

-Pip

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<XnsADA6C0F8BDE0Ewtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3970&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3970

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:58:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:58 UTC

Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 16:20:08 -0000 (UTC), wessie
> <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>
>>Sqirrel99 <secret.sqirrel99@gmail.com> wrote in
>>news:sht3oc$n3s$1@dont- email.me:

>>> It has a pretty big radiator though, so probably not just the top
>>> end.
>>>

>>it has a big grille but probably an oil cooler behind there as well
>
> Yeah, sub-piston cooling is used on the 1200s, so I'd expect the same
> on this.
>
> Having had time to look at the video, the few glimpses I had of the
> back of the engine seem to agree with my earlier comment: it's got a
> smaller clutch that seems to be mounted higher up to the left of the
> starter. Possibly even a wet clutch.

everything I have read says wet clutch, which happened to the boxers as
well

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqfcatFri46U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3971&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3971

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 00:01:48 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:01 UTC

On 15/09/2021 07:01, sweller wrote:
> Pip Luscher wrote:
>
>>> Is it my eyes or are the cylinder heads
>>> slightly splayed, like on the> venerable CX500?
>>> parallel.Unless the connecting rods have doglegs in them.
>>
>> I think he's referring to the CX heads being skewed so the
>> exhausts pointed outwards and the carbs inwards, not the crankpin
>> offset.
>
> Oh, that's not how I read it - especially in the context of OP's "what
> do you think of the exhausts" comment.
>
> but, maybe.

That's how I meant it. Fronts splayed out, not stepped. And didn't HD
get their cylinders in line by having a forked conrod with two big ends?

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<shuc63$nau$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3972&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3972

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:03:31 -0700
 by: Turby - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 03:03 UTC

On 9/14/2021 1:30 PM, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this? I would have
> thought that if there were some sort of manufacturing or performance
> improvement it would have been done years ago.
>
> Also the shaft has changed side but I assume that's just fashion so the
> bike looks/photographs better when on the stand?

What are the fold out panels next to the tank?

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqghu4F3q7iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3975&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3975

From: edd...@deguello.org (Eddie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:43:32 +0100
 by: Eddie - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:43 UTC

On 16/09/2021 04:03, Turby wrote:

> What are the fold out panels next to the tank?

Wings, for extra protection and staying power?

--
Eddie eddie@deguello.org

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<40c6kgd704moqel6ao4cphoafali549k7s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3976&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3976

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:53:18 +0200
 by: Ace - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:53 UTC

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:03:31 -0700, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

>What are the fold out panels next to the tank?

Aero-modifying devices? Like the screen that rises and lowers with
speed, perhaps these side panels change position for better
aerodynamics and/or rider wind protection.

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<ird6kgluj4eg0j89svlu361kaq28fgifg6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3977&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3977

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:28:58 +0200
 by: Ace - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:28 UTC

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:22:43 +0100, Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:30:05 +0100, Bruce Horrocks
><07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote:
>
>>What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
>>the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>>
>><https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
>Gets the carbs out of the way of the riders knees

Throttle bodies, surely? I find it hard to believe that any
newly-designed engine would not be fuel-injected these days. And as
such they shouldn't need to be anything like as obtrusive, presumably
being able to fit into the middle gap, whereas carbs could not.

So the carbs at the back arrangement is more likely a function of
their size, and freeing them up means that the side-facing exhaist
allows the engine to be mounted further forward, notwithstanding the
radiator, which presumably gives a better weight distribution.

And as such
--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<d4ee0243-39d1-11e5-7f2d-4aa54f9e89d7@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3980&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3980

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:41:09 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 17:41 UTC

On 16/09/2021 12:53, Ace wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:03:31 -0700, Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>

>> What are the fold out panels next to the tank?
>
> Aero-modifying devices? Like the screen that rises and lowers with
> speed, perhaps these side panels change position for better
> aerodynamics and/or rider wind protection.

Yes - wind deflectors. They are shown working in the video, briefly.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey, England

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<iqiq86Fh1i5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3985&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3985

From: swel...@mztech.fsnet.co.uk (sweller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 17 Sep 2021 06:17:42 GMT
 by: sweller - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 06:17 UTC

Mike Fleming wrote:

> > > I think he's referring to the CX heads being skewed so the
> >> exhausts pointed outwards and the carbs inwards, not the crankpin
> >> offset.
> >
> > Oh, that's not how I read it - especially in the context of OP's
> > "what do you think of the exhausts" comment.
> >
> > but, maybe.
>
> That's how I meant it.

Oh.

I had a CX (650) but have erased it from my memory - I have only ever
had five Hondas [1]. I have the same mental blockage towards them as
Fords.

[1] (in order) C90 [2], CB250N [3], CB750 sohc [4], CX650 [5], PF50 [6]
[2] Needed transport.
[3] First "big" bike.
[4] Seized on the M27.
[5] It was free.
[6] It was free.

--
Simon

Re: Motoguzzi V100 Mandello

<si2gjf$6iq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3988&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3988

From: nob...@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 17:43:24 +0100
 by: Tim - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:43 UTC

On 14/09/2021 21:30, Bruce Horrocks wrote:
> What do people think about the new Motoguzzi and the decision to have
> the exhausts exit the side of the cylinder rather than the front?
>
> <https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/v100-mandello/>
>
> Any thoughts as to what benefit they get from doing this?

The exhaust headers are a few centimetres shorter, must be saving the
odd Euro there.