And now for something completely different.

aus+uk / uk.railway / GWR on Friday

SubjectAuthor
* GWR on FridayKen
+* GWR on Fridaymartin.coffee
|`- GWR on FridayAnna Noyd-Dryver
+* GWR on FridayAnna Noyd-Dryver
|`* GWR on FridayKen
| `* GWR on FridayAnna Noyd-Dryver
|  `- GWR on FridayKen
`* GWR on FridayAnna Noyd-Dryver
 `* GWR on FridayRoland Perry
  `- GWR on FridayAnna Noyd-Dryver

1
GWR on Friday

<qs8uhhpo2007kv9og4k3mte7uq0g22llmt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40053&group=uk.railway#40053

From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: GWR on Friday
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:22:57 +0100
 by: Ken - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:22 UTC

My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfn98q$28nog$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40060&group=uk.railway#40060

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: GWR on Friday
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:38:49 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:38 UTC

On 12/09/2022 13:22, Ken wrote:
> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?

The Newquay and Paignton Paddington services have been firm favourites
for cancellation all summer.

If I was your daughter I'd travel on the next published service (1604 ex
Paddington) and claim the compensation which will subsequently reduce
the cost of the journey.

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfnbv7$28ur5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40067&group=uk.railway#40067

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:55 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XlLyFtP3gsAa1iMTcLqMYQl8V1E=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24 UTC

Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?

I'm off all week, so undoubtedly entirely my fault!

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfnbv7$28ur5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40068&group=uk.railway#40068

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:55 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:yBT54c9TAkuvNZzFf2aBdy7TE8k=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24 UTC

Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?

I'll keep an eye later in the week to see if I can find out. From RTT it
looks as if many of the B&H semi-fasts are cancelled that day. I wonder
whether it's related to that day being supposed to be sandwiched between
two strike days?

It's booked for an Exeter-West based driver and a Bristol HSS guard, both
their up services are running.; however the up working of the stock from
Paignton is also cancelled.

I guess that at least knowing this far out allows her to potentially change
her plans, rather than arriving at the station at 1405 to find the
cancellation, having just missed the previous train.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfnbv8$28ur5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40069&group=uk.railway#40069

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4GH0PUNjssmPKN4lpdM7VgBFr9o=

<martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
> On 12/09/2022 13:22, Ken wrote:
>> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
>> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
>> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
>> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
>> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
>> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?
>
> The Newquay and Paignton Paddington services have been firm favourites
> for cancellation all summer.
>
> If I was your daughter I'd travel on the next published service (1604 ex
> Paddington) and claim the compensation which will subsequently reduce
> the cost of the journey.

Won't that mean she arrives late, though? Personally I'd travel one train
earlier (1404 from Paddington) if possible, and make the connection.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<a7duhhhqglp5qch293i3kqo0s9n4bj32u2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40077&group=uk.railway#40077

From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:34:35 +0100
 by: Ken - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:34 UTC

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:55 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
<anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:

>Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
>> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
>> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
>> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
>> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
>> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
>> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?
>>

>I'm off all week, so undoubtedly entirely my fault!

Thought as much!

She's no doubt got the cheapest possible ticket and probably has to
catch the next service to St. David's sp will be delayed considerably
at Barnstaple. I think she'll like the Delay Repay option!
>Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfnf52$2979b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40081&group=uk.railway#40081

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:19:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eefVIrop/QKd2yA+mYaDZxkcNLk=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:19 UTC

Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:55 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
> <anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:
>
>> Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
>>> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
>>> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
>>> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
>>> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
>>> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
>>> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?
>>>

>> I'm off all week, so undoubtedly entirely my fault!
>>

> Thought as much!
>
> She's no doubt got the cheapest possible ticket and probably has to
> catch the next service to St. David's sp will be delayed considerably
> at Barnstaple. I think she'll like the Delay Repay option!

If her booked train is cancelled she should be able to travel on the
earlier train to make the connection, AFAIK. I don't do tickets though so
don't quote me on that.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<49guhhh8oq0qsbu6rkmehbj6jm3bdmqrs5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40083&group=uk.railway#40083

From: ken...@birchanger.com (Ken)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:25:02 +0100
 by: Ken - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:25 UTC

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:19:14 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
<anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:

>Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:24:55 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
>> <anna@noyd-dryver.com> wrote:

>>> I'm off all week, so undoubtedly entirely my fault!
>>>

>> Thought as much!
>>
>> She's no doubt got the cheapest possible ticket and probably has to
>> catch the next service to St. David's sp will be delayed considerably
>> at Barnstaple. I think she'll like the Delay Repay option!
>>

>If her booked train is cancelled she should be able to travel on the
>earlier train to make the connection, AFAIK. I don't do tickets though so
>don't quote me on that.

Thanks, again, I'll pass this on and advise her to check.

>Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: GWR on Friday

<2kAofyVPT1HjFAKT@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40093&group=uk.railway#40093

From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:48:31 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:48 UTC

In message <tfnbv7$28ur5$2@dont-email.me>, at 13:24:55 on Mon, 12 Sep
2022, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:
>Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
>> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
>> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
>> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
>> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
>> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
>> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?
>>

>I'll keep an eye later in the week to see if I can find out. From RTT it
>looks as if many of the B&H semi-fasts are cancelled that day. I wonder
>whether it's related to that day being supposed to be sandwiched between
>two strike days?

Which have been canceled.

--
Roland Perry

Re: GWR on Friday

<tfnm4o$29s6a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40099&group=uk.railway#40099

From: ann...@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:18:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4IWcaJN/y0PbBiG1jDMXVJYiR8M=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:18 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <tfnbv7$28ur5$2@dont-email.me>, at 13:24:55 on Mon, 12 Sep
> 2022, Anna Noyd-Dryver <anna@noyd-dryver.com> remarked:
>> Ken <ken@birchanger.com> wrote:
>>> My daughter has a booking to Barnstaple on Friday 16th. The booking
>>> involves travelling from PAD to Exeter on the 14:36 Paignton. This is
>>> now cancelled. I understand there are a myriad reasons why a train can
>>> be cancelled, though fewer when the cancellation is some distance in
>>> advance, but out of interest I'd be like to know why this service has
>>> been canned. Any info? Anna's day off?
>>>

>> I'll keep an eye later in the week to see if I can find out. From RTT it
>> looks as if many of the B&H semi-fasts are cancelled that day. I wonder
>> whether it's related to that day being supposed to be sandwiched between
>> two strike days?
>
> Which have been canceled.

Yes, hence the wording of my post.

Anna Noyd-Dryver