From: rol...@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Loops
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:53:44 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 10:53 UTC

Email from a TOC today:

"On Sunday 18th September at 8pm and on Monday 19th September at
approximately 11.55am, our drivers may pull over, where safe to do
so, to pay their respects."

I suspect that coming to a halt on the mainline would always be safe, in
the sense that it won't cause the one behind to crash into you, assuming
they hadn't also halted for the same reason.

Pulling over into a loop (should there even be one handy) would require
rather more than the driver deciding to do it on their own initiative.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Loops

<jojfg0FhitpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=40556&group=uk.railway#40556

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Loops
Date: 16 Sep 2022 14:28:16 GMT
 by: Marland - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:28 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> Email from a TOC today:
>
> "On Sunday 18th September at 8pm and on Monday 19th September at
> approximately 11.55am, our drivers may pull over, where safe to do
> so, to pay their respects."

Does it come from a TOC whose parent company also operate buses or coaches?

The way it is written looks like it was intended for drivers of road
vehicles so has it been sent from
the top of the pyramid without anyone having the sense to stop the
statement going to where it isn’t appropriate.

GH