From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Finally; actually world-beating
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:39:14 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:39 UTC

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/homes-for-ukraine-sponsor-application-language-technical-issues-tlscontact

<quotes>

Ukrainians fleeing war are being forced to spend hours translating application forms for the UK’s resettlement scheme because the government has not provided a Ukrainian language option.

Britons who have signed up for the Homes for Ukraine programme told openDemocracy that the expectation that people fleeing war would be able to complete the application was “ridiculous”.

One British woman said it took her seven hours to help a Ukrainian family fill out their application, which required them to scan and convert documents while staying in a shelter in Lviv.

She said the application would have been impossible for the family to fill out unaided given the language barrier and their limited access to technology.

Neither the family nor she had received any confirmation or reference numbers after submitting their linked applications, and had had no communication whatsoever from the government for almost a week.

The family she is sponsoring have also been left agonising for a week after receiving no confirmation when they submitted an application.

A helpline operator told Tina that they had been receiving large numbers of calls about the issue over the past week but were unable to check the status of any application or even provide confirmation that one had been received. Some callers had been left waiting seven days without hearing anything, she added.

</quotes>

When it comes to keeping Johnny Foreigner out, the Junta is right up there with the best. We are doing a mighty fine job of discouraging Ukrainians from coming here, making it as difficult as possible to do so, pretty much impossible impossible.

Creating bureaucratic obstacles is our stock in trade. We are experts at giving people the run around until they get fed up and fuck off somewhere else, make themselves someone else's problem. This is a master class and everything so far is going exactly to plan.

Other counytries may be suffering under the burden of 4 million refugees, but we're laughing all the way to the bank, only letting handfuls in, while pretending we are doing far more than others are.

I guess this is why we need a shameless lying liar leading the country, lying as he goes. Anyone with an an ounce of decency would be appalled at what they were doing.

Re: Finally; actually world-beating

<jqZ%J.242337$NCX1.124515@fx08.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4090&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4090

Subject: Re: Finally; actually world-beating
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:13:50 +0100
 by: TWP - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 13:13 UTC

On 24/03/2022 22:39, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/homes-for-ukraine-sponsor-application-language-technical-issues-tlscontact
>
> <quotes>
>
> Ukrainians fleeing war are being forced to spend hours translating application forms for the UK’s resettlement scheme because the government has not provided a Ukrainian language option.
>
> Britons who have signed up for the Homes for Ukraine programme told openDemocracy that the expectation that people fleeing war would be able to complete the application was “ridiculous”.
>
> One British woman said it took her seven hours to help a Ukrainian family fill out their application, which required them to scan and convert documents while staying in a shelter in Lviv.
>
> She said the application would have been impossible for the family to fill out unaided given the language barrier and their limited access to technology.
>
> Neither the family nor she had received any confirmation or reference numbers after submitting their linked applications, and had had no communication whatsoever from the government for almost a week.
>
> The family she is sponsoring have also been left agonising for a week after receiving no confirmation when they submitted an application.
>
> A helpline operator told Tina that they had been receiving large numbers of calls about the issue over the past week but were unable to check the status of any application or even provide confirmation that one had been received. Some callers had been left waiting seven days without hearing anything, she added.
>
> </quotes>
>
> When it comes to keeping Johnny Foreigner out, the Junta is right up there with the best. We are doing a mighty fine job of discouraging Ukrainians from coming here, making it as difficult as possible to do so, pretty much impossible impossible.
>
> Creating bureaucratic obstacles is our stock in trade. We are experts at giving people the run around until they get fed up and fuck off somewhere else, make themselves someone else's problem. This is a master class and everything so far is going exactly to plan.
>
> Other counytries may be suffering under the burden of 4 million refugees, but we're laughing all the way to the bank, only letting handfuls in, while pretending we are doing far more than others are.
>
> I guess this is why we need a shameless lying liar leading the country, lying as he goes. Anyone with an an ounce of decency would be appalled at what they were doing.

It probably just got missed. A month ago none of this was even
happening. I doubt it's actually a plot to keep foreigners out.

Re: Finally; actually world-beating

<20220327172111.000067eb@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4092&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4092

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 17:21:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:21 UTC

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:13:50 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 24/03/2022 22:39, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/homes-for-ukraine-sponsor-application-language-technical-issues-tlscontact
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Ukrainians fleeing war are being forced to spend hours translating
> > application forms for the UK’s resettlement scheme because the
> > government has not provided a Ukrainian language option.
> >
> > Britons who have signed up for the Homes for Ukraine programme told
> > openDemocracy that the expectation that people fleeing war would be
> > able to complete the application was “ridiculous”.
> >
> > One British woman said it took her seven hours to help a Ukrainian
> > family fill out their application, which required them to scan and
> > convert documents while staying in a shelter in Lviv.
> >
> > She said the application would have been impossible for the family
> > to fill out unaided given the language barrier and their limited
> > access to technology.
> >
> > Neither the family nor she had received any confirmation or
> > reference numbers after submitting their linked applications, and
> > had had no communication whatsoever from the government for almost
> > a week.
> >
> > The family she is sponsoring have also been left agonising for a
> > week after receiving no confirmation when they submitted an
> > application.
> >
> > A helpline operator told Tina that they had been receiving large
> > numbers of calls about the issue over the past week but were unable
> > to check the status of any application or even provide confirmation
> > that one had been received. Some callers had been left waiting
> > seven days without hearing anything, she added.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > When it comes to keeping Johnny Foreigner out, the Junta is right
> > up there with the best. We are doing a mighty fine job of
> > discouraging Ukrainians from coming here, making it as difficult as
> > possible to do so, pretty much impossible impossible.
> >
> > Creating bureaucratic obstacles is our stock in trade. We are
> > experts at giving people the run around until they get fed up and
> > fuck off somewhere else, make themselves someone else's problem.
> > This is a master class and everything so far is going exactly to
> > plan.
> >
> > Other counytries may be suffering under the burden of 4 million
> > refugees, but we're laughing all the way to the bank, only letting
> > handfuls in, while pretending we are doing far more than others are.
> >
> > I guess this is why we need a shameless lying liar leading the
> > country, lying as he goes. Anyone with an an ounce of decency would
> > be appalled at what they were doing.
>

> It probably just got missed. A month ago none of this was even
> happening. I doubt it's actually a plot to keep foreigners out.

So what is the plot intended to achieve because it is damned well achieving that ?

We could have been air-lifting refugees out Poland and other NATO countries for the last three weeks. Instead we created a bureaucratic wall which is impossible to penetrate, let alone from a war zone.

It's "hostile environment" right down to a tee and it's definitely by design.

If you want to try it yourself; set fire to a neighbour's house. When they come out, begging for help, before you hand over a bucket of water or will dial 999, ask them to prove they have been legally living in the UK, to produce three forms of verifiable ID, and complete a 20 page form written in Sanskrit, and they have to include the names, address and phone numbers of two Icelanders they have contacted. And let them know you can only offer further assistance Tuesday to Thursday and only between the hours of 10 in the evening and 5 in the morning.

The only justification I can see for doing it is, if we can hold them off for a little longer, we will have passed the Nationality and Borders Bill, won't be obliged to accept any, and won't.

We need as much free space as we can keep for the flood of Indians arriving when we trade visas for a brexit deal.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Finally; actually world-beating