From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Wet Washing
Date: 12 May 2022 10:39:51 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 12 May 2022 10:39 UTC

I think Karma is hitting me. After getting my broadband speed back up to
normal my home network decided to give up the ghost this morning, after an
hour's investigation I ran a cable along the hall which fixed it for now,
goodness knows what happened to the WiFi.

Then the washing machine decided that it would see how big a circle it
could swing the drum in while it span, didn't actually come though the
side of the case but blooming close. Then it decided it wouldn't unlock
the door, at least it had the manners to drain first.

The manual shows a little tab for emergency door unlocking and to its
credit it worked. New machine arrives next Wednesday.

I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a sensible
course of action?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those

Re: Wet Washing

<t5ip90$8fh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4081&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4081

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Wet Washing
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 11:58:40 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Thu, 12 May 2022 10:58 UTC

On 12/05/2022 11:39, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> The manual shows a little tab for emergency door unlocking and to its
> credit it worked. New machine arrives next Wednesday.
>
> I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
> mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a
> sensible course of action?

It won't do any harm leaving them to soak in cold water before putting
them in the new machine. You can always drain the water away and replace
it to stop it getting stagnant.

Do read the instructions that come with the new machine though. Mine
asked me to do a hot wash with no soap or washing as the fist activity
before using it as a washing machine. I think it is to clear out any
residue from the manufacturing process before it can contaminate the
first wash.

Jim

Re: Wet Washing

<t5irdd$o1b$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4082&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4082

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:35:08 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Thu, 12 May 2022 11:35 UTC

On 12/05/2022 11:39, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I think Karma is hitting me. After getting my broadband speed back up to
> normal my home network decided to give up the ghost this morning, after
> an hour's investigation I ran a cable along the hall which fixed it for
> now, goodness knows what happened to the WiFi.
>
> Then the washing machine decided that it would see how big a circle it
> could swing the drum in while it span, didn't actually come though the
> side of the case but blooming close. Then it decided it wouldn't unlock
> the door, at least it had the manners to drain first.
>
> The manual shows a little tab for emergency door unlocking and to its
> credit it worked. New machine arrives next Wednesday.
>
> I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
> mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a
> sensible course of action?

have you splashed out (pardon the pun) on a new washing machine just on
account of this funny turn ?

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Wet Washing

<xn0nhsayxk1in8006@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4084&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4084

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 12 May 2022 17:28:18 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 12 May 2022 17:28 UTC

On 12/05/2022 in message <t5irdd$o1b$1@dont-email.me> Abandoned_Trolley
wrote:

>On 12/05/2022 11:39, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>I think Karma is hitting me. After getting my broadband speed back up to
>>normal my home network decided to give up the ghost this morning, after
>>an hour's investigation I ran a cable along the hall which fixed it for
>>now, goodness knows what happened to the WiFi.
>>
>>Then the washing machine decided that it would see how big a circle it
>>could swing the drum in while it span, didn't actually come though the
>>side of the case but blooming close. Then it decided it wouldn't unlock
>>the door, at least it had the manners to drain first.
>>
>>The manual shows a little tab for emergency door unlocking and to its
>>credit it worked. New machine arrives next Wednesday.
>>
>>I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
>>mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a
>>sensible course of action?
>>

>have you splashed out (pardon the pun) on a new washing machine just on
>account of this funny turn ?

Goodness me no, it's a bit dusty and I haven't got a duster :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Indecision is the key to flexibility

Re: Wet Washing

<t5ksn0$e88$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4085&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4085

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 06:09:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Fri, 13 May 2022 06:09 UTC

On 12 May 2022 at 18:28:18 BST, ""Jeff Gaines"" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 12/05/2022 in message <t5irdd$o1b$1@dont-email.me> Abandoned_Trolley
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/05/2022 11:39, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>>
>>> I think Karma is hitting me. After getting my broadband speed back up to
>>> normal my home network decided to give up the ghost this morning, after
>>> an hour's investigation I ran a cable along the hall which fixed it for
>>> now, goodness knows what happened to the WiFi.
>>>
>>> Then the washing machine decided that it would see how big a circle it
>>> could swing the drum in while it span, didn't actually come though the
>>> side of the case but blooming close. Then it decided it wouldn't unlock
>>> the door, at least it had the manners to drain first.
>>>
>>> The manual shows a little tab for emergency door unlocking and to its
>>> credit it worked. New machine arrives next Wednesday.
>>>
>>> I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
>>> mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a
>>> sensible course of action?
>>>

>> have you splashed out (pardon the pun) on a new washing machine just on
>> account of this funny turn ?
>
> Goodness me no, it's a bit dusty and I haven't got a duster :-)

Sounds reasonable to me.

--
If you listen to hip hop and rap using noise cancelling headphones it will be silent.

Re: Wet Washing

<t5l3tb$ro4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4088&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4088

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:12:26 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Fri, 13 May 2022 08:12 UTC

Jeff Gaines explained :
> I have put the clothes in soak in cold water to try and stop them going
> mildew before they can christen the new machine, does that seem a sensible
> course of action?

You suggested it was trying to spin the water out, so maybe it was only
missing the final rinse and spin..... I would have given them a good
rinse in cold water in the bath, pulled the plug out to let them drain
as much as possible, before transfering them outside onto a washing
line.