The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work. -- Richard Bach, "Illusions"

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Eternal September probs?

SubjectAuthor
* Eternal September probs?Ace
+* Eternal September probs?Sqirrel99
|`- Eternal September probs?Ace
+* Eternal September probs?wessie
|`* Eternal September probs?Ace
| `- Eternal September probs?wessie
+- Eternal September probs?YTC#1
`* Eternal September probs?Boots
 `- Eternal September probs?Ace

1
Eternal September probs?

<no2mkgl63hsce1va0hdbgr9jdfln7n5hr8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4089&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4089

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Eternal September probs?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:56:34 +0200
 by: Ace - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:56 UTC

Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.

Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Eternal September probs?

<sif2r5$qlt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4090&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4090

From: secret.s...@gmail.com (Sqirrel99)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Eternal September probs?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:08:21 +0100
 by: Sqirrel99 - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:08 UTC

Ace wrote:
> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>
> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

I was previously using reader443.eternal-september.org (on port 443)
until it started producing certificate errors. Switching to 'reader'
rather than 'reader443' has fixed it (still on port 443).

I can both read and post with the above.

Re: Eternal September probs?

<ut4mkgp5oio30jfrn7nko86havkifkds60@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4094&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4094

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:35:05 +0200
 by: Ace - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:35 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:08:21 +0100, Sqirrel99
<secret.sqirrel99@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ace wrote:
>> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
>> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
>> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
>> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
>> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>>
>> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?
>
>I was previously using reader443.eternal-september.org (on port 443)
>until it started producing certificate errors. Switching to 'reader'
>rather than 'reader443' has fixed it (still on port 443).
>
>I can both read and post with the above.

I tried a couple of iterations of *.eternal.... and now that one, same
result, lets me post but won't retrieve messages.

It doesn't seem to be a certificate issue, as a) it's not using ssl,
and b) it lets me post. A true Write-only interface.

I don't see anything abuut ports in Agent, so that's a moot issue.

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Eternal September probs?

<XnsADAD856DCAA9Fwtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4096&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4096

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:06:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:06 UTC

Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in news:no2mkgl63hsce1va0hdbgr9jdfln7n5hr8@4ax.com:

> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>
> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

it's been fine this week - there seemed to be a wobble on the weekend and
had several in the past.

I use Neodome if ET is having a bad day. Port 119 on news.neodome.net - no
login needed.

Re: Eternal September probs?

<k68mkgd6k0uodatkqalo9r8r5cj0qa05ht@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4100&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4100

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:27:20 +0200
 by: Ace - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:27 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:06:59 -0000 (UTC), wessie
<willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

>Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in news:no2mkgl63hsce1va0hdbgr9jdfln7n5hr8@4ax.com:
>
>> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
>> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
>> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
>> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
>> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>>
>> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?
>>

>it's been fine this week - there seemed to be a wobble on the weekend and
>had several in the past.
>
>I use Neodome if ET is having a bad day. Port 119 on news.neodome.net - no
>login needed.

Read-only, but no login makes switching between reading and posting
servers simpler, ta.

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: Eternal September probs?

<XnsADAD8C4EFF618wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4102&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4102

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:47:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:47 UTC

Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:06:59 -0000 (UTC), wessie
> <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:
>
>>Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
>>> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
>>> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
>>> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept
>>> is allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>>>
>>> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?
>>>

>>it's been fine this week - there seemed to be a wobble on the weekend
>>and had several in the past.
>>
>>I use Neodome if ET is having a bad day. Port 119 on news.neodome.net
>>- no login needed.
>
> Read-only, but no login makes switching between reading and posting
> servers simpler, ta.

I have usually been able to post from Neodome but get an error today.

Between the two, I usually have a free service...

Re: Eternal September probs?

<sifjk2$nvb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4119&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4119

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 16:54:40 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 15:54 UTC

On 22/09/2021 11:56, Ace wrote:
> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
Yes.

> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.

Not seeing any issues.

> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

<shrugs>

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: Eternal September probs?

<q5rs1i-bo6.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4142&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4142

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:34:50 +0800
 by: Boots - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 23:34 UTC

On 22/09/2021 18:56 Ace penned these words:
> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>
> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?

I use leafnode to aggregate servers. Got this, this morning
"warning: news.eternal-september.org: connection to 144.76.35.252 timed out
warning: news.eternal-september.org: connection to 2a01:4f8:191:31c5::2 failed:"
However, the status page shows it as good.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: Eternal September probs?

<rkinkgtiqi46fel5gf7t2pai6ocem5bjp2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4144&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#4144

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:33:28 +0200
 by: Ace - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:33 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:34:50 +0800, Boots
<news@millhouse-communications.co.uk> wrote:

>On 22/09/2021 18:56 Ace penned these words:
>> Anyone else here still using eternal september? Since a few days ago
>> it's been unable to retreive messages, with "connection unexpectedly
>> closed by server" message. Using a different read-only server I
>> managed to retrieve messages, and then discovered that eternal sept is
>> allowing me to post, even though it can't get any messages.
>>
>> Just wondered if anyone has any idea wtf is going on?
>>

>I use leafnode to aggregate servers. Got this, this morning
>"warning: news.eternal-september.org: connection to 144.76.35.252 timed out
>warning: news.eternal-september.org: connection to 2a01:4f8:191:31c5::2 failed:"
>However, the status page shows it as good.

Ah, so there is a problem then. Yes, I checked their status too, in
case it was an issue they were working on. It's been this way for four
or five days now, in two countries and from several IP adresses, so
fuck noes what's causing it.
--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/