From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: How very generous
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 15:58:59 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Fri, 13 May 2022 14:58 UTC

I have just had a promotional email.

I got exported to British Gas when my old energy supplier went bust. So
BG have just over 2 months of my usage on which to base my expected
annual amounts, whereas I have 3 years worth of meter readings from my
old supplier. They then offered me a 12 months fixed price option at
much higher unit and daily rates.

The offer of fixing my prices now to prevent a rise of the price cap in
October is supposed to sound attractive, except I don't think my
estimate (based on my own usage predictions) of it costing me nearly
£1,100 more to have my prices fixed now looks irresistible. Also, on the
variable tariff I can take my business elsewhere without penalties if I
find an alternative supplier, whereas the fixed price offer comes with a
£75 per fuel penalty if I leave BG.

Whoever is coming up with the BG offers hasn't really thought through
how the customers are going to view them.

Jim

Re: How very generous

<t5m6eg$6gi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4092&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4092

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: How very generous
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 19:01:51 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:01 UTC

Indy Jess John pretended :
> Whoever is coming up with the BG offers hasn't really thought through how the
> customers are going to view them.

I have just received the very same emailed offer from BG
'Exclusive May 23v1' ? I was recently picked up by BG following the
failure of my supplier - it left me wondering which planet BG are on,
expecting customers to think an extra 30% on top might be a bargain. It
also bypasses the 'price cap'.

I dare say, they will get a few takers.

Re: How very generous

<144a6kqz29f0$.1nakbq4eqw0ha.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4093&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4093

From: Bri...@Derby.invalid (Bri.)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 19:19:35 +0100
 by: Bri. - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:19 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:

> I have just had a promotional email.
>
> I got exported to British Gas when my old energy supplier went bust. So
> BG have just over 2 months of my usage on which to base my expected
> annual amounts, whereas I have 3 years worth of meter readings from my
> old supplier. They then offered me a 12 months fixed price option at
> much higher unit and daily rates.
>
> The offer of fixing my prices now to prevent a rise of the price cap in
> October is supposed to sound attractive, except I don't think my
> estimate (based on my own usage predictions) of it costing me nearly
> £1,100 more to have my prices fixed now looks irresistible. Also, on the
> variable tariff I can take my business elsewhere without penalties if I
> find an alternative supplier, whereas the fixed price offer comes with a
> £75 per fuel penalty if I leave BG.
>
> Whoever is coming up with the BG offers hasn't really thought through
> how the customers are going to view them.
>
> Jim

This isn't peculiar to BG, Jim, suppliers fixed prices are currently
very high and consumers are settling for a variable tariff.
Your past usage will most likely have been passed on to BG and they
probably have a far better kWh record of your consumption than you.
Who knows what October may bring? Prices could even drop ;-)
--
Bri.
(W7 Desktop)

Re: How very generous

<je9l4gFqiabU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4097&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4097

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 13:20:40 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Sat, 14 May 2022 12:20 UTC

Bri. wrote:
> Indy Jess John wrote:
>
>> I have just had a promotional email.
>>
>> I got exported to British Gas when my old energy supplier went bust.
>> So BG have just over 2 months of my usage on which to base my
>> expected annual amounts, whereas I have 3 years worth of meter
>> readings from my old supplier. They then offered me a 12 months
>> fixed price option at much higher unit and daily rates.
>>
>> The offer of fixing my prices now to prevent a rise of the price cap
>> in October is supposed to sound attractive, except I don't think my
>> estimate (based on my own usage predictions) of it costing me nearly
>> �1,100 more to have my prices fixed now looks irresistible. Also, on
>> the variable tariff I can take my business elsewhere without
>> penalties if I find an alternative supplier, whereas the fixed price
>> offer comes with a �75 per fuel penalty if I leave BG.
>>
>> Whoever is coming up with the BG offers hasn't really thought through
>> how the customers are going to view them.
>>
>> Jim
>
> This isn't peculiar to BG, Jim, suppliers fixed prices are currently
> very high and consumers are settling for a variable tariff.
> Your past usage will most likely have been passed on to BG and they
> probably have a far better kWh record of your consumption than you.
> Who knows what October may bring? Prices could even drop ;-)

Or NOT!!!
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: How very generous

<t5or7u$n2k$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4098&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4098

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 19:09:02 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Sat, 14 May 2022 18:09 UTC

Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°22 + explained :
> Bri. wrote:
>> Indy Jess John wrote:
>>
>>> I have just had a promotional email.
>>>
>>> I got exported to British Gas when my old energy supplier went bust.
>>> So BG have just over 2 months of my usage on which to base my
>>> expected annual amounts, whereas I have 3 years worth of meter
>>> readings from my old supplier. They then offered me a 12 months
>>> fixed price option at much higher unit and daily rates.
>>>
>>> The offer of fixing my prices now to prevent a rise of the price cap
>>> in October is supposed to sound attractive, except I don't think my
>>> estimate (based on my own usage predictions) of it costing me nearly
>>> £1,100 more to have my prices fixed now looks irresistible. Also, on
>>> the variable tariff I can take my business elsewhere without
>>> penalties if I find an alternative supplier, whereas the fixed price
>>> offer comes with a £75 per fuel penalty if I leave BG.
>>>
>>> Whoever is coming up with the BG offers hasn't really thought through
>>> how the customers are going to view them.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> This isn't peculiar to BG, Jim, suppliers fixed prices are currently
>> very high and consumers are settling for a variable tariff.
>> Your past usage will most likely have been passed on to BG and they
>> probably have a far better kWh record of your consumption than you.
>> Who knows what October may bring? Prices could even drop ;-)
>>
> Or NOT!!!

Though you will have time between now and October when you would
otherwise have been paying the larger fix price offer, to save up ready
for the higher chargers which predict will come.

The big bonus, is charges are capped on a variable deal, but not on a
fixed deal. You agree the charge on a fixed deal, if you go for one and
pay a big fat surcharge to get out if you later change your mind..