From: ema...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Trouble on the GWR
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:47:15 +0200
 by: Bob - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 18:47 UTC

It appears today things went a bit wrong on the GWR, and from what I
have become aware from other social media that a train involved in the
events was being driven by our regular contributor who posts as Anna.

I can only imagine how upsetting it will be to a driver to find
something going wrong with their train at high speed. I have exchanged
messages with "Anna", who has assured me that all is well with the
train and passengers involved, but it must be deeply unsettling to be
driving a train when things go wrong. I can only imagine how one feels
in such a circumstance, and I'm sure all of us on this group will
express our good will to our long standing freind and contributor in
such a stressful time.

Robin

Re: Trouble on the GWR

<tgcp7g$1tr8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41026&group=uk.railway#41026

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Trouble on the GWR
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 17:19:36 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:19 UTC

"Bob" wrote in message news:tgadfj$17eri$1@dont-email.me...

>It appears today things went a bit wrong on the GWR, and from what I have
>become aware from other social media that a train involved in the events
>was being driven by our regular contributor who posts as Anna.

>I can only imagine how upsetting it will be to a driver to find something
>going wrong with their train at high speed. I have exchanged messages with
>"Anna", who has assured me that all is well with the train and passengers
>involved, but it must be deeply unsettling to be driving a train when
>things go wrong. I can only imagine how one feels in such a circumstance,
>and I'm sure all of us on this group will express our good will to our long
>standing freind and contributor in such a stressful time.

The sort of thing you train for but hope never to use. At least no
injuries.

Hopefully Anna was merely the poor sod who brought the damage down.

James

Re: Trouble on the GWR

<tgcpdh$1i3s3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41027&group=uk.railway#41027

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:23:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:P71FmzGPd+Sr3DfGnfmhcePxPn4=
 by: Recliner - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:23 UTC

James Heaton <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> "Bob" wrote in message news:tgadfj$17eri$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> It appears today things went a bit wrong on the GWR, and from what I have
>> become aware from other social media that a train involved in the events
>> was being driven by our regular contributor who posts as Anna.
>
>> I can only imagine how upsetting it will be to a driver to find something
>> going wrong with their train at high speed. I have exchanged messages with
>> "Anna", who has assured me that all is well with the train and passengers
>> involved, but it must be deeply unsettling to be driving a train when
>> things go wrong. I can only imagine how one feels in such a circumstance,
>> and I'm sure all of us on this group will express our good will to our long
>> standing freind and contributor in such a stressful time.
>
> The sort of thing you train for but hope never to use. At least no
> injuries.
>
> Hopefully Anna was merely the poor sod who brought the damage down.

I didn't think Anna was driving yesterday? He's been postng, which isn't
something he can do when driving.

Re: Trouble on the GWR

<tgd0ub$1l86$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41043&group=uk.railway#41043

From: heatonan...@gmail.com.invalid (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 19:31:33 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 18:31 UTC

"Recliner" wrote in message news:tgcpdh$1i3s3$2@dont-email.me...

James Heaton <heatonandmoore@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> "Bob" wrote in message news:tgadfj$17eri$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> It appears today things went a bit wrong on the GWR, and from what I have
>> become aware from other social media that a train involved in the events
>> was being driven by our regular contributor who posts as Anna.
>
>> I can only imagine how upsetting it will be to a driver to find something
>> going wrong with their train at high speed. I have exchanged messages
>> with
>> "Anna", who has assured me that all is well with the train and passengers
>> involved, but it must be deeply unsettling to be driving a train when
>> things go wrong. I can only imagine how one feels in such a circumstance,
>> and I'm sure all of us on this group will express our good will to our
>> long
>> standing freind and contributor in such a stressful time.
>
> The sort of thing you train for but hope never to use. At least no
> injuries.
>
> Hopefully Anna was merely the poor sod who brought the damage down.
>

>I didn't think Anna was driving yesterday? He's been postng, which isn't
>something he can do when driving.

I presume he was stood down after the incident. It was quite early in the
day.

James