From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Blame Poroshenko
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:28:04 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:28 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian%E2%80%93Ukrainian_Friendship_Treaty

<quotes>

The Treaty on Friendship, Cooperation, and Partnership between Ukraine and the Russian Federation was an agreement between Ukraine and Russia, signed in 1997, which fixed the principle of strategic partnership, the recognition of the inviolability of existing borders, and respect for territorial integrity and mutual commitment not to use its territory to harm the security of each other.

The treaty prevents Ukraine and Russia from invading one another's country respectively, and declaring war.

On 19 September 2018, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko signed a decree not to extend the treaty.

</quotes>

We're not going to respect the inviolability of the Russian border.
We're not going to respect Russia's territorial integrity.
We're not going to commit to not harming the security of Russia.
We're not going to commit to not invading Russia.
We're not going to commit to not declaring war on Russia.

Oh, and by the way, we're going to invite NATO in.

Yet people seem unable to understand why Putin saw Ukraine as a threat to Russia and her peoples.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Blame Poroshenko