Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (Jesse)
Subject: Holocaust survivors flee from Ukraine to Germany for safety from civilian bombing red fascists
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 21:41:24 -0400
 by: Jesse - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 01:41 UTC

I trust the irony of this will be lost on none one except putin
apologists and the terminally brain dead.

``````````````````

Holocaust survivors flee from Ukraine to Germany for safety

When the bombs started falling on Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, last month,
Tatyana Zhuravliova had a horrible deja vu: the 83-year-old Ukrainian
Jew felt the same panic she suffered as a little girl when the Nazis
were flying air attacks on her hometown of Odesa.

“My whole body was shaking, and those fears crept up again through my
entire body — fears which I didn’t even know were still hidden inside
me,” Zhuravliova said.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she remembered how she hid under the
table from the bombs during World War II, and eventually fled with her
mother to Kazakhstan when the Nazis and their henchmen started
massacring ten of thousands of Jews in Odesa.

“Now I’m too old to run to the bunker. So I just stayed inside my
apartment and prayed that the bombs would not kill me,” Zhuravliova, a
retired doctor, told The Associated Press on Sunday.

But as Russia’s military attacks on Ukraine become even more brutal and
demolished residential apartment blocks, she realized that she had to
flee again if she didn’t want to die. So Zhuravliova accepted an offer
from a Jewish organization to bring her out of Ukraine to safety.

In an unexpected twist of history, some of the 10,000 Holocaust
survivors who had been living in Ukraine have now been taken to safety
in Germany — the country that unleashed World War II and organized the
murder of 6 million Jews across Europe.

Zhuravliova was part of the first group of four Jewish Holocaust
survivors evacuated from Ukraine by the New York-based Conference on
Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, also referred to as the Claims
Conference. The group represents the world’s Jews in negotiating for
compensation and restitution for victims of Nazi persecution and their
heirs, and provides welfare for Holocaust survivors around the globe.

https://apnews.com/article/holocaust-survivors-flee-ukraine-to-germany-55fae67ceebbe88e8edf04ce387d374b
--

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may
deride it, but in the end - There it is !

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Holocaust survivors flee from Ukraine to Germany for safety from civilian bombing red fascists