From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Keeping Ukrainians out is working well
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:25:59 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:25 UTC

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-only-2-700-visas-issued-to-fleeing-ukrainian-refugees-under-homes-for-ukraine-scheme-despite-over-28-000-applications-being-made-12578064

<quotes>

Only 2,700 visas have been issued to fleeing Ukrainian refugees under the Homes for Ukraine scheme despite over 28,300 applications being received, Home Office figures have revealed.

Shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said the government has made "shamefully slow progress" on helping refugees flee Ukraine.

"Tens of thousands of visa applications are still outstanding. Just one in 100 Homes for Ukraine offers have visas."

At PMQs, Conservative MP, Sir Roger Gale probed the PM on how many Ukrainians have actually been brought to Britain under the Homes for Ukraine scheme and urged him to "cut the red tape" to get the numbers of arrivals up.

Minister for Refugees Lord Harrington confirmed that the application form, which had formerly been reported to have been 150 pages in length, has been reduced to "around 30", with questions relating to war crimes stripped out.

</quotes>

Around 30 pages, let alone 150, just to ask "Are you a Ukrainian refugee displaced by war, desperate for help?" - It's utterly ridiculous.

Still it's doing its job. Patel can slap herself on the back for so successfully keeping Ukrainian refugees out, pursuing the Junta's "we don't want you here" policy.

We can be proud that we remain a nation which doesn't make it easy for desperate people to come here.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Keeping Ukrainians out is working well