From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: UK takes 0.025% of Ukrainian refugees.
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 22:08:51 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 21:08 UTC

https://inews.co.uk/news/how-many-ukrainian-refugees-are-in-the-uk-visa-figures-and-how-many-people-have-applied-for-homes-for-ukraine-1547554

<quote>

The minister for children and families, Will Quince, admitted yesterday that just over 1,000 Ukrainian refugees have so far made it to the UK via the sponsorship route.

</quote>

Almost 4 million Ukrainian refugees have fled Ukraine and we have taken in a thousand.

It's simply shameful.

Though, on balance, it was pure genius to make them apply for a visa, require them to fill out a 150 page form in a foreign language, produce documentation which is almost impossible to provide in a war zone, have them traipsing for miles between processing centres which they find are closed.

It's the perfect way to make 99.975% of refugees someone else's problem.

We have taken in 1,000. France has taken in 30,000. Germany has taken in 300,000. Poland almost 2.5 million.

As Patel would put it; "suckers".

Re: UK takes 0.025% of Ukrainian refugees.

<GkZ1K.1675125$X81.1423127@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4153&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4153

Subject: Re: UK takes 0.025% of Ukrainian refugees.
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 15:45:57 +0100
 by: TWP - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:45 UTC

On 01/04/2022 22:08, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://inews.co.uk/news/how-many-ukrainian-refugees-are-in-the-uk-visa-figures-and-how-many-people-have-applied-for-homes-for-ukraine-1547554
>
> <quote>
>
> The minister for children and families, Will Quince, admitted yesterday that just over 1,000 Ukrainian refugees have so far made it to the UK via the sponsorship route.
>
> </quote>
>
> Almost 4 million Ukrainian refugees have fled Ukraine and we have taken in a thousand.
>
> It's simply shameful.
>
> Though, on balance, it was pure genius to make them apply for a visa, require them to fill out a 150 page form in a foreign language, produce documentation which is almost impossible to provide in a war zone, have them traipsing for miles between processing centres which they find are closed.
>
> It's the perfect way to make 99.975% of refugees someone else's problem.
>
> We have taken in 1,000. France has taken in 30,000. Germany has taken in 300,000. Poland almost 2.5 million.
>
> As Patel would put it; "suckers".

We have other refugees here. Surely the Ukranians didn't have to do
anything different?

Are we still looking after them while they apply?

Re: UK takes 0.025% of Ukrainian refugees.

<20220402213325.000071d8@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4164&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4164

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 21:33:25 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 20:33 UTC

On Sat, 2 Apr 2022 15:45:57 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/04/2022 22:08, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > https://inews.co.uk/news/how-many-ukrainian-refugees-are-in-the-uk-visa-figures-and-how-many-people-have-applied-for-homes-for-ukraine-1547554
> >
> > <quote>
> >
> > The minister for children and families, Will Quince, admitted
> > yesterday that just over 1,000 Ukrainian refugees have so far made
> > it to the UK via the sponsorship route.
> >
> > </quote>
> >
> > Almost 4 million Ukrainian refugees have fled Ukraine and we have
> > taken in a thousand.
> >
> > It's simply shameful.
> >
> > Though, on balance, it was pure genius to make them apply for a
> > visa, require them to fill out a 150 page form in a foreign
> > language, produce documentation which is almost impossible to
> > provide in a war zone, have them traipsing for miles between
> > processing centres which they find are closed.
> >
> > It's the perfect way to make 99.975% of refugees someone else's
> > problem.
> >
> > We have taken in 1,000. France has taken in 30,000. Germany has
> > taken in 300,000. Poland almost 2.5 million.
> >
> > As Patel would put it; "suckers".
> >

> We have other refugees here. Surely the Ukranians didn't have to do
> anything different?

I don't recall any other refugees having to fill in 150 page forms in a language they can't understand or provide documentation they wouldn't have.

But you are right, others who want to come here face similar obstacles put in their way, hear the same lies that we are a welcoming country while we do our damnedest to keep them out.

We promised we would help Syrians. We didn't. We promised we'd help Afghans. We haven't.

> Are we still looking after them while they apply?

It doesn't appear there's any "still" about it. We aren't looking after them at all and never have.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: UK takes 0.025% of Ukrainian refugees.