From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Al Jazeera
Date: 27 May 2022 16:51:20 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Fri, 27 May 2022 16:51 UTC

I have started to watch Al Jazeera for news now since the BBC approach to
the Conservatives is about the same as the Scots, totally mindless venom
with absolutely no explanation as to why.

I must say I have the feeling I am seeing far more of what is going on in
the wider world than the BBC covers and it seems to be reported
objectively and dispassionately - even the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh by
the Israeli occupying powers.

They provide sub-titles when people aren't speaking English so I have to
actually watch (or learn some foreign languages) if I want to know what is
going on!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant

Re: Al Jazeera

<sa-dnfl7_oWyigz_nZ2dnUU7-VWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4182&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4182

Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 19:23:40 +0100
Subject: Re: Al Jazeera
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
From: petc...@blackberrymoon.co.uk (Pete C)
 by: Pete C - Fri, 27 May 2022 18:23 UTC

On 27/05/2022 17:51, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I have started to watch Al Jazeera for news now since the BBC approach
> to the Conservatives is about the same as the Scots, totally mindless
> venom with absolutely no explanation as to why.
>
> I must say I have the feeling I am seeing far more of what is going on
> in the wider world than the BBC covers and it seems to be reported
> objectively and dispassionately - even the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh
> by the Israeli occupying powers.
>
> They provide sub-titles when people aren't speaking English so I have to
> actually watch (or learn some foreign languages) if I want to know what
> is going on!

I often watch France 24, they too cover world wide articles.

--
Pete C

Re: Al Jazeera

<jfeb5dFqsqbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4185&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4185

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 11:17:23 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Sat, 28 May 2022 10:17 UTC

Pete C wrote:
> On 27/05/2022 17:51, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>> I have started to watch Al Jazeera for news now since the BBC
>> approach to the Conservatives is about the same as the Scots,
>> totally mindless venom with absolutely no explanation as to why.
>>
>> I must say I have the feeling I am seeing far more of what is going
>> on in the wider world than the BBC covers and it seems to be reported
>> objectively and dispassionately - even the murder of Shireen Abu
>> Akleh by the Israeli occupying powers.
>>
>> They provide sub-titles when people aren't speaking English so I
>> have to actually watch (or learn some foreign languages) if I want
>> to know what is going on!
>>
> I often watch France 24, they too cover world wide articles.

In the much earlier days of satellite TV it was relatively easy to watch
some German news channels as well. They were interesting. I also check
in with a couple of the US news channels now and got much more
interesting viwpoints of what really happened in the junior school
massacre earlier than we did over here.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: Al Jazeera

<t6tgd9$srh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4186&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4186

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 16:51:04 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Sat, 28 May 2022 15:51 UTC

> In the much earlier days of satellite TV it was relatively easy to watch
> some German news channels as well. They were interesting. I also check
> in with a couple of the US news channels now and got much more
> interesting viwpoints of what really happened in the junior school
> massacre earlier than we did over here.

Its not that hard to track them down now.

I have a couple of Humax Freesat receivers, which can both be set to
"non-Freesat" mode and told to do a channel scan - its quite surprising
what they pick up ...

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Al Jazeera

<t74soc$308$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4193&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4193

From: ofs...@blackyonder.co.uk (Oliver)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 12:04:46 +0100
 by: Oliver - Tue, 31 May 2022 11:04 UTC

On 28/05/2022 11:17, Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:
> In the much earlier days of satellite TV it was relatively easy to watch
> some German news channels as well. They were interesting. I also check
> in with a couple of the US news channels now and got much more
> interesting viwpoints of what really happened in the junior school
> massacre earlier than we did over here.

I only had a brief look but this looks interesting (online tv stations
from around the world, and you can specify "news"):

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-1819

--
Oliver

Re: Al Jazeera

<jfn2akFgvp3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4194&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4194

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 31 May 2022 17:41:40 GMT
 by: Smokey - Tue, 31 May 2022 17:41 UTC

Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have started to watch Al Jazeera for news now since the BBC approach to
> the Conservatives is about the same as the Scots, totally mindless venom
> with absolutely no explanation as to why.

Scots, believe me they are in the minority, the same minority who are very
vocal about independence .

Re: Al Jazeera

<xn0nild735d4wht000@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4197&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4197

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 1 Jun 2022 07:32:32 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 07:32 UTC

On 31/05/2022 in message <jfn2akFgvp3U1@mid.individual.net> Smokey wrote:

>Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>I have started to watch Al Jazeera for news now since the BBC approach to
>>the Conservatives is about the same as the Scots, totally mindless venom
>>with absolutely no explanation as to why.

>Scots, believe me they are in the minority, the same minority who are very
>vocal about independence .

But quit vociferous and high profile - like Ian Blackford who virtually
spits when he mentions the Conservatives for some reason that no Scot has
ever been able to explain to me.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Every day is a good day for chicken, unless you're a chicken.