From: devn...@loades.net (Malcolm Loades)
Newsgroups: uk.food+drink.misc
Subject: Smoothies
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:50:57 +0000
 by: Malcolm Loades - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:50 UTC

Smoothies are all new to me. Now I've been given a smoothie maker for
Christmas.

My beginner's question is must they be drunk immediately after making or
will they keep nutrients and colour if left for a few hours? The
recipes I've seen all suggest immediate consumption.

I ask because there is so much air whipped into them that the texture is
like foam. Is that what smoothies are all about, foamy smoothness? I
don't like it, the taste of the fruit mix is great but for me ruined by
the air.

I hope that the air my dissipate if the smoothie is left for sometime
without losing any of the goodness and colour.

Malcolm

Re: Smoothies

<sqhuhp$i9j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=43&group=uk.food%2Bdrink.misc#43

From: noi...@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.food+drink.misc
Subject: Re: Smoothies
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:23:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MEVECeOGwFCMwGgB/pcZuCuOqkQ=
 by: Brian - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:23 UTC

Malcolm Loades <devnull@loades.net> wrote:
> Smoothies are all new to me. Now I've been given a smoothie maker for
> Christmas.
>
> My beginner's question is must they be drunk immediately after making or
> will they keep nutrients and colour if left for a few hours? The
> recipes I've seen all suggest immediate consumption.
>
> I ask because there is so much air whipped into them that the texture is
> like foam. Is that what smoothies are all about, foamy smoothness? I
> don't like it, the taste of the fruit mix is great but for me ruined by
> the air.
>
> I hope that the air my dissipate if the smoothie is left for sometime
> without losing any of the goodness and colour.
>
> Malcolm

Our eldest went through a ‘healthy’ smoothie phase.

Senior Management even tried them- with bananas, something she normally
can’t stand.

I think the gadget is now lurking in the back of the cupboard.

Re: Smoothies

<bg%yJ.120699$IB7.3236@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=44&group=uk.food%2Bdrink.misc#44

Newsgroups: uk.food+drink.misc
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 08:36:37 -0700
 by: Graham - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:36 UTC

On 2021-12-29 8:23 a.m., Brian wrote:
> Malcolm Loades <devnull@loades.net> wrote:
>> Smoothies are all new to me. Now I've been given a smoothie maker for
>> Christmas.
>>
>> My beginner's question is must they be drunk immediately after making or
>> will they keep nutrients and colour if left for a few hours? The
>> recipes I've seen all suggest immediate consumption.
>>
>> I ask because there is so much air whipped into them that the texture is
>> like foam. Is that what smoothies are all about, foamy smoothness? I
>> don't like it, the taste of the fruit mix is great but for me ruined by
>> the air.
>>
>> I hope that the air my dissipate if the smoothie is left for sometime
>> without losing any of the goodness and colour.
>>
>> Malcolm
>>

> Our eldest went through a ‘healthy’ smoothie phase.
>
> Senior Management even tried them- with bananas, something she normally
> can’t stand.
>
> I think the gadget is now lurking in the back of the cupboard.

My son's family were "into" them to help with the morning chaos as they
got ready for work and the kids for high school. They burned out a
couple of blenders until they invested in a commercial model.
Graham