Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (Jesse)
Subject: UN pretty much a sad joke
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 21:26:45 -0400
 by: Jesse - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 01:26 UTC

History seems to be repeating itself and the UN is on a track to suffer
the same fate for much the same reasons as its not so illustrious
predecessor, the league of nations.

We have china buying up influence left and right to the point that no
one can say that the wuhan virus originated in china - They are also on
human rights committees, surely a sad joke but no, its true.

And we have Russia, an aggressive, invading war criminal state on the
security counsel, in a prime position to veto any and all measures that
run counter to its interests.

So the organization has no enforcement powers, is beholden to brutal
communist dictatorships, and has no teeth or credibility, tough to see
how long this state of affairs can last before it lapses, again like its
predecessor, into complete dysfunctional irrelevancy, and states start
taking matters into their own hands.

`````````````````````

Russia having veto power on the UN Security Council is like Hitler
having a veto at Nuremberg, says leading lawyer who prosecuted Slobodan
Milosevic

Sir Geoffrey Nice QC believes Russia should be removed from UN
Security Council or stripped of veto powers
Said it is a way to correct and make the current system 'more
effective'
Added that Russia having veto power is like 'Hitler having a veto
at Nuremberg'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705303/Russia-having-veto-power-Security-Council-like-Hitler-having-veto-Nuremberg.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may
deride it, but in the end - There it is !
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may
deride it, but in the end - There it is !

Re: UN pretty much a sad joke

<20220411100956.0000571d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4277&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4277

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: UN pretty much a sad joke
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 10:09:56 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:09 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 21:26:45 -0400
Jesse <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Russia having veto power on the UN Security Council is like Hitler
> having a veto at Nuremberg, says leading lawyer who prosecuted
> Slobodan Milosevic

America having veto power on the UNSC is like Hitler having a veto at Nuremberg.

China having veto power on the UNSC is like Hitler having a veto at Nuremberg.

France having veto power on the UNSC is like Hitler having a veto at Nuremberg.

Russia having veto power on the UNSC is like Hitler having a veto at Nuremberg.

The UK having veto power on the UNSC is like Hitler having a veto at Nuremberg.

Those veto powers could have been rescinded but none of the veto holding members will allow that.

None of the veto holding members will permit any change which doesn't allow them to veto resolutions made against themmseloves.

Removing Russia's veto would create a partisan 'Super-NATO', which would lead to the collapse of the UN, and create a worse situation than we have.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / UN pretty much a sad joke