From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Crispin gets cancelled
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:07:20 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:07 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61077747

<quotes>

Conservative MP Crispin Blunt has apologised for a statement defending fellow [Conservative] MP Imran Ahmad Khan, who was convicted of sexual assault.

Wakefield MP Khan was found guilty on Monday of assaulting a 15-year-old boy in 2008.

Mr Blunt had called the verdict a "dreadful miscarriage of justice" in a statement on his website.

Mr Blunt, a friend of Khan who attended some of his trial, said in his now-deleted statement that he was "appalled and distraught" by the verdict, calling it "an international scandal, with dreadful wider implications for millions of LGBT+ Muslims around the world".

He claimed that the case against Khan had "relied on lazy tropes about LGBT+ people that we might have thought we had put behind us decades ago".

"I hope for the return of Imran Ahmad Khan to the public service that has exemplified his life to date," he added.

His statement was rejected by the Conservative Party as an attack on the independence of the judiciary.

Labour called Mr Blunt's comments "disgraceful" and said he should be suspended from the Conservative Party.

</quotes>

There's no need to look at the facts of the case, or take a look to see if it was a miscarriage of justice. We live in times when everyone must accept the official narrative, apologise or be punished for disagreeing with it.

"You are either with us or against us".

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Crispin gets cancelled