I'm sitting on my SPEED QUEEN ... To me, it's ENJOYABLE ... I'm WARM ... I'm VIBRATORY ...

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / GMT Monday 27th June 2022

SubjectAuthor
* GMT Monday 27th June 2022Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
+- Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Herbie
+* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Peter Hawkins
|`* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
| `* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Peter Hawkins
|  `* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
|   `* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Peter Hawkins
|    `- Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
`* Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Smokey
 `- Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +

1
GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<jhtbm6F3996U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4327&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4327

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GMT Monday 27th June 2022
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:30:54 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 09:30 UTC

Mornin' from a dry but overcast, dull, dark and dismal day here in
South Yorkshire. It's looking like we could expect some falling wet
stuff anytime though. Temperature out there is 16.0�C (60.8�F) but
feeling more like 15.0�C (59�F) with the wind-chill. Barometric
pressure is rising slowly at 1013.9 mB with RH showing as 71%. Forecast
is for showers throughout the day with a few sunny periods in the
afternoon with the temperature to peak at 19�C (66.2�F) around
mid-afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.
Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and pray
that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly moved all
night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from the saucers that
I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the spot I left her in at
midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from her bed in her front
bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden herself beneath the bed
cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was lucky I didn't sit on her
whilst I was preparing for bed. The visible bulge of the bed cover was
very well disguised.
Tabby was here for supper last evening.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<6tvibh5sviicj056t4rnl93kcm3g26c9rb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4328&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4328

From: herbieth...@gmx.co.uk (Herbie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 11:00:53 +0100
 by: Herbie - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:00 UTC

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:30:54 +0100, "Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°22 +"
<flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:

> Mornin' from a dry but overcast, dull, dark and dismal day here in
>South Yorkshire. It's looking like we could expect some falling wet
>stuff anytime though. Temperature out there is 16.0ºC (60.8ºF) but
>feeling more like 15.0ºC (59ºF) with the wind-chill. Barometric
>pressure is rising slowly at 1013.9 mB with RH showing as 71%. Forecast
>is for showers throughout the day with a few sunny periods in the
>afternoon with the temperature to peak at 19ºC (66.2ºF) around
>mid-afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.
> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and pray
>that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly moved all
>night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from the saucers that
>I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the spot I left her in at
>midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from her bed in her front
>bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden herself beneath the bed
>cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was lucky I didn't sit on her
>whilst I was preparing for bed. The visible bulge of the bed cover was
>very well disguised.
>Tabby was here for supper last evening.
Good morning from West Dorset.
Dry and bright start after overnight rain.
The current temperature is 19.9C. 67.8F.
and a pressure of 1016mb. rising.

Herbie.

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<t9c0vr$1tcu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4329&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4329

From: phawk...@totalise.co.uk (Peter Hawkins)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 11:32:26 +0100
 by: Peter Hawkins - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:32 UTC

On 27/06/2022 10:30, Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:
> Mornin' from a dry but overcast, dull, dark and dismal day here in
> South Yorkshire. It's looking like we could expect some falling wet
> stuff anytime though. Temperature out there is 16.0ºC (60.8ºF) but
> feeling more like 15.0ºC (59ºF) with the wind-chill. Barometric
> pressure is rising slowly at 1013.9 mB with RH showing as 71%. Forecast
> is for showers throughout the day with a few sunny periods in the
> afternoon with the temperature to peak at 19ºC (66.2ºF) around
> mid-afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.
> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and pray
> that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly moved all
> night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from the saucers that
> I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the spot I left her in at
> midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from her bed in her front
> bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden herself beneath the bed
> cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was lucky I didn't sit on her
> whilst I was preparing for bed. The visible bulge of the bed cover was
> very well disguised.
> Tabby was here for supper last evening.

Here's hoping all goes well with the vet visit.
We worry about pets as they can't tell us what is wrong with them.

--
Sent from my laptop.

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<jhu9laF8406U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4331&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4331

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 27 Jun 2022 18:02:18 GMT
 by: Smokey - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 18:02 UTC

Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°22 + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
> Mornin' from a dry but overcast, dull, dark and dismal day here in
> South Yorkshire. It's looking like we could expect some falling wet
> stuff anytime though. Temperature out there is 16.0บC (60.8บF) but
> feeling more like 15.0บC (59บF) with the wind-chill. Barometric
> pressure is rising slowly at 1013.9 mB with RH showing as 71%. Forecast
> is for showers throughout the day with a few sunny periods in the
> afternoon with the temperature to peak at 19บC (66.2บF) around
> mid-afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.
> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and pray
> that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly moved all
> night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from the saucers that
> I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the spot I left her in at
> midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from her bed in her front
> bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden herself beneath the bed
> cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was lucky I didn't sit on her
> whilst I was preparing for bed. The visible bulge of the bed cover was
> very well disguised.
> Tabby was here for supper last evening.

Hope everything gets sorted out FN , fingers crossed for Sootie ..

--
§mokey

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<ji05nsFh7fcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4340&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4340

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 12:07:49 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:07 UTC

Peter Hawkins wrote:
> On 27/06/2022 10:30, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:

<snipped>
>> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and
>> pray that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly
>> moved all night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from
>> the saucers that I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the
>> spot I left her in at midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from
>> her bed in her front bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden
>> herself beneath the bed cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was
>> lucky I didn't sit on her whilst I was preparing for bed. The
>> visible bulge of the bed cover was very well disguised.
>> Tabby was here for supper last evening.
>
> Here's hoping all goes well with the vet visit.
> We worry about pets as they can't tell us what is wrong with them.

The vet injected her with the long lasting anti-biotic 'Convenia' to
counter any infection and an injection of the anti-inflammatory
'Metacam for the pain. She couldn't find any definite damage and could
say that her spine was intact by the way she was able to wag her tail so
vigorously. I was also sold a 3 ml viol of Metacam to be administed
orally commencing tonight (about 24 hours after the injection). The
whole cost of that visit e

Sootie was really brave yesterday. Her walking is very difficult but
she persevered. I let her outside, under supervision, and she took
around 5 minutes to 'walk' about 10 metres to one of her favourite spots
in the front garden. She slept there for 3 or 4 hours until deciding to
come indoors for bed. Then she really struggled to climb up the 4 steps
to the open front door. She then climbed the 15 steps up the staircase
mostly using her front legs to pull herself up each vertical riser. She
also used that same technique to get onto the bed. I was hoping that
using all four legs would be better for her recovery than just the front
ones. She did use her hind legs but you could see that she wasn't using
their full movement. She hasn't moved off the bed today, but I'm
hoping she will decide to do so later in the day.
That vet's bill was high though �112.50 including VAT. The 3 ml of
Metacam was �11.82 much more expensive than diesel or petrol, at more
than �230 per litre. ;).
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<ji05rqFh83nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4341&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4341

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 12:09:55 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:09 UTC

Smokey wrote:
> Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
>> Mornin' from a dry but overcast, dull, dark and dismal day here
>> in South Yorkshire. It's looking like we could expect some falling
>> wet stuff anytime though. Temperature out there is 16.0?C (60.8?F)
>> but feeling more like 15.0?C (59?F) with the wind-chill. Barometric
>> pressure is rising slowly at 1013.9 mB with RH showing as 71%.
>> Forecast is for showers throughout the day with a few sunny periods
>> in the afternoon with the temperature to peak at 19?C (66.2?F) around
>> mid-afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.
>> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and
>> pray that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly
>> moved all night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from
>> the saucers that I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the
>> spot I left her in at midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from
>> her bed in her front bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden
>> herself beneath the bed cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was
>> lucky I didn't sit on her whilst I was preparing for bed. The
>> visible bulge of the bed cover was very well disguised.
>> Tabby was here for supper last evening.
>
> Hope everything gets sorted out FN , fingers crossed for Sootie ..

Thanks Smokey - see my reply to Peter.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<t9eq5j$1kpe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4342&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4342

From: phawk...@totalise.co.uk (Peter Hawkins)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 12:54:27 +0100
 by: Peter Hawkins - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:54 UTC

On 28/06/2022 12:07, Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:
> Peter Hawkins wrote:
>> On 27/06/2022 10:30, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:
>>>
> <snipped>
>>> Sootie has an appointment to see the vet at 14:15. I hope and
>>> pray that he/she can do something positive for her. She has hardly
>>> moved all night and certainly hasn't eaten or drunk anything from
>>> the saucers that I left close to her. She hasn't moved from the
>>> spot I left her in at midnight. She had moved yesterday evening from
>>> her bed in her front bedroom, into my bedroom where she had hidden
>>> herself beneath the bed cover and on the duvet on my bed. She was
>>> lucky I didn't sit on her whilst I was preparing for bed. The
>>> visible bulge of the bed cover was very well disguised.
>>> Tabby was here for supper last evening.
>>
>> Here's hoping all goes well with the vet visit.
>> We worry about pets as they can't tell us what is wrong with them.
>>
> The vet injected her with the long lasting anti-biotic 'Convenia' to
> counter any infection and an injection of the anti-inflammatory
> 'Metacam for the pain. She couldn't find any definite damage and could
> say that her spine was intact by the way she was able to wag her tail so
> vigorously. I was also sold a 3 ml viol of Metacam to be administed
> orally commencing tonight (about 24 hours after the injection). The
> whole cost of that visit e
>
> Sootie was really brave yesterday. Her walking is very difficult but
> she persevered. I let her outside, under supervision, and she took
> around 5 minutes to 'walk' about 10 metres to one of her favourite spots
> in the front garden. She slept there for 3 or 4 hours until deciding to
> come indoors for bed. Then she really struggled to climb up the 4 steps
> to the open front door. She then climbed the 15 steps up the staircase
> mostly using her front legs to pull herself up each vertical riser. She
> also used that same technique to get onto the bed. I was hoping that
> using all four legs would be better for her recovery than just the front
> ones. She did use her hind legs but you could see that she wasn't using
> their full movement. She hasn't moved off the bed today, but I'm
> hoping she will decide to do so later in the day.
> That vet's bill was high though Ł112.50 including VAT. The 3 ml of
> Metacam was Ł11.82 much more expensive than diesel or petrol, at more
> than Ł230 per litre. ;).

I'm glad it wasn't more serious an injury, but bad enough!

--
Sent from my laptop.

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<ji2ogjFtvmvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4348&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4348

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:40:19 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:40 UTC

Peter Hawkins wrote:
> On 28/06/2022 12:07, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:
>> Peter Hawkins wrote:
>>> On 27/06/2022 10:30, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:
>>>>
>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> Here's hoping all goes well with the vet visit.
>>> We worry about pets as they can't tell us what is wrong with them.
>>>
>> The vet injected her with the long lasting anti-biotic 'Convenia' to
>> counter any infection and an injection of the anti-inflammatory
>> 'Metacam for the pain. She couldn't find any definite damage and
>> could say that her spine was intact by the way she was able to wag
>> her tail so vigorously. I was also sold a 3 ml viol of Metacam to be
>> administed orally commencing tonight (about 24 hours after the
>> injection). The whole cost of that visit e
>>
>> Sootie was really brave yesterday. Her walking is very difficult but
>> she persevered. I let her outside, under supervision, and she took
>> around 5 minutes to 'walk' about 10 metres to one of her favourite
>> spots in the front garden. She slept there for 3 or 4 hours until
>> deciding to come indoors for bed. Then she really struggled to
>> climb up the 4 steps to the open front door. She then climbed the
>> 15 steps up the staircase mostly using her front legs to pull
>> herself up each vertical riser. She also used that same technique
>> to get onto the bed. I was hoping that using all four legs would be
>> better for her recovery than just the front ones. She did use her
>> hind legs but you could see that she wasn't using their full
>> movement. She hasn't moved off the bed today, but I'm hoping she
>> will decide to do so later in the day. That vet's bill was high
>> though L112.50 including VAT. The 3 ml of Metacam was L11.82 much
>> more expensive than diesel or petrol, at more than L230 per litre.
>> ;).
>
> I'm glad it wasn't more serious an injury, but bad enough!

My CC is still quaking though !!! :)
Sootie has had a good night, had some drink and food and is moving much
more freely but has decided to stay in bed so far today.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<t9hcjj$k0r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4349&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4349

From: phawk...@totalise.co.uk (Peter Hawkins)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:21:23 +0100
 by: Peter Hawkins - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:21 UTC

On 29/06/2022 11:40, Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:

>> I'm glad it wasn't more serious an injury, but bad enough!
>>
> My CC is still quaking though !!! :)
> Sootie has had a good night, had some drink and food and is moving much
> more freely but has decided to stay in bed so far today.

That sounds like some good improvement, apart from the CC bit!

I remember some time ago I was pottering in our garden shed, and there
was suddenly a very loud sound of a cat fight going on.
It was two cats, who both lived next door, and they were having a real
punch up on the roof of a sort of lean to extension which we have.
I clapped my hands to 'shoo' them away, and one ran off, either back
home or to somewhere safe, but the other ran behind a small plastic
storage shed, which is against a fence. I was worried in case it was
injured, so I peered behind there where it was cowering. There was fur
everywhere from their punch up. Thankfully it eventually, after a few
minutes also ran off.

--
Sent from my laptop.

Re: GMT Monday 27th June 2022

<e62dnZFfRLtc6yD_nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4360&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4360

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:11:13 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:11 UTC

Peter Hawkins wrote:
> On 29/06/2022 11:40, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:
>

>>> I'm glad it wasn't more serious an injury, but bad enough!
>>>
>> My CC is still quaking though !!! :)
>> Sootie has had a good night, had some drink and food and is moving
>> much more freely but has decided to stay in bed so far today.
>
> That sounds like some good improvement, apart from the CC bit!
>
> I remember some time ago I was pottering in our garden shed, and there
> was suddenly a very loud sound of a cat fight going on.
> It was two cats, who both lived next door, and they were having a real
> punch up on the roof of a sort of lean to extension which we have.
> I clapped my hands to 'shoo' them away, and one ran off, either back
> home or to somewhere safe, but the other ran behind a small plastic
> storage shed, which is against a fence. I was worried in case it was
> injured, so I peered behind there where it was cowering. There was fur
> everywhere from their punch up. Thankfully it eventually, after a few
> minutes also ran off.

It's amazing, the amount of fur a cat can lose it a fight and not look
any different afterwards. Sootie has been out since 0930 this morning,
just wandering around the small front garden. One mother returning
after depositing her kids at the local primary/junior school, knocked
on my door to report Sootie's condition to me. She's still limping
quite badly. It's nice to know that some people do care.