From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: UK COVID deaths
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:45:11 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:45 UTC

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Gives what appears to be an unreasonably high number of COVID deaths
in the UK, for the previous two days: 651 and 350.

Are these the actual figures, or a case of previous deaths added?

Re: UK COVID deaths

<20220415140043.000054f5@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4333&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4333

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: UK COVID deaths
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:00:43 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:00 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:45:11 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
>
> Gives what appears to be an unreasonably high number of COVID deaths
> in the UK, for the previous two days: 651 and 350.
>
> Are these the actual figures, or a case of previous deaths added?

Just over a week ago some 3,000 deaths the government had conveniently forgotten to report after removing all restrictions were added overnight to the running total which distorted everything.

Our official seven-day figures now accurately reflect deaths during the last seven days but it can take longer for others to catch up.

We have had 1,984 actual deaths reported in the last seven days, an average of 283 deaths per day.

Re: UK COVID deaths

<t3bs4p$cfj$4@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4334&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4334

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:32:09 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:32 UTC

In article <20220415140043.000054f5@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

>> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
>>
>> Gives what appears to be an unreasonably high number of COVID deaths
>> in the UK, for the previous two days: 651 and 350.
>>
>> Are these the actual figures, or a case of previous deaths added?

> Just over a week ago some 3,000 deaths the government had conveniently forgotten
> to report after removing all restrictions were added overnight to the running total
> which distorted everything.
>
> Our official seven-day figures now accurately reflect deaths during the last seven
> days but it can take longer for others to catch up.
>

> We have had 1,984 actual deaths reported in the last seven days, an average of
> 283 deaths per day.

Thanks.

Total deaths are steadily dropping (to about 3500 per day), let's
hope this trend continues.

80-90 seems to be the hardest hit age group, not just percentage-wise,
but in absolute numbers as well.

Re: UK COVID deaths

<20220415153840.0000355e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4336&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4336

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:38:40 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:38 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:32:09 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> In article <20220415140043.000054f5@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:
>
> >> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
> >>
> >> Gives what appears to be an unreasonably high number of COVID
> >> deaths in the UK, for the previous two days: 651 and 350.
> >>
> >> Are these the actual figures, or a case of previous deaths added?
>
> > Just over a week ago some 3,000 deaths the government had
> > conveniently forgotten to report after removing all restrictions
> > were added overnight to the running total which distorted
> > everything.
> >
> > Our official seven-day figures now accurately reflect deaths during
> > the last seven days but it can take longer for others to catch up.
> >

> > We have had 1,984 actual deaths reported in the last seven days, an
> > average of 283 deaths per day.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Total deaths are steadily dropping (to about 3500 per day), let's
> hope this trend continues.
>
> 80-90 seems to be the hardest hit age group, not just percentage-wise,
> but in absolute numbers as well.

I guess that when most reach the age where someone shouting "Boo!" can take you out covid is a guaranteed ticket.

The BA2 variant seems impossible to avoid when there's a "living with covid" policy in place, and "milder" is purely relative. I don't know anyone who has had it who isn't suffering some sort of long-covid symptoms.

I'm surprised rates of increase are falling but I suspect that's mainly because I see our own figures and headlines like Shanghai shutting-up shop, haven't looked at the global rates for a while.

Our weekly increase in infections is on par with America's, around 250,000 a week, our rates of increase in infections and deaths are about three times those of America.

Re: UK COVID deaths

<20220416090549.0000004d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4350&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4350

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:05:49 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:05 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:00:43 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Just over a week ago some 3,000 deaths the government had
> conveniently forgotten to report after removing all restrictions were
> added overnight to the running total which distorted everything.
>
> Our official seven-day figures now accurately reflect deaths during
> the last seven days but it can take longer for others to catch up.
>

> We have had 1,984 actual deaths reported in the last seven days, an
> average of 283 deaths per day.

Given the government has decided not to report figures during the Easter period, numbers will be artificially reduced, infections, hospital admissions and deaths understated, until next Wednesday or Thursday.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: UK COVID deaths