From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: L'Occitane caves to terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:36:07 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:36 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61127887

<quotes>

The French cosmetics chain L'Occitane says it will close its Russian shops and website, days after defending its decision to continue trading.

"To protect our employees worldwide from potential public aggression, we have decided to close our own stores and e-commerce websites in Russia," the statement said.

Some customers had criticised the company for its decision and called for a boycott of the brand.

</quotes>

"You are with us or against us and, if not with us, we are against you" is the clear message being sent to businesses and others by the mob. It's a message which is hard to stand up to, especially when supported by governments and the media.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / L'Occitane caves to terrorism