"Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone." -- G. B. Stearn

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Jesus' last meal

SubjectAuthor
* Bushman shot in da haid in MIJeSSe
`* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIThe Happy Hippy
 `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIThe Happy Hippy
  `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MILoose Cannon
   `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIThe Happy Hippy
    `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MILoose Cannon
     `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIThe Happy Hippy
      +* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MILoose Cannon
      |`* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIJeSSe
      | `- Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MILoose Cannon
      `* Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MIThe Happy Hippy
       `* Jesus' last mealLoose Cannon
        +* Re: Jesus' last mealThe Happy Hippy
        |`* Re: Jesus' last mealLoose Cannon
        | `- Re: Jesus' last mealThe Happy Hippy
        `- Re: Jesus' last mealThe Happy Hippy

1
Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<0fO5K.12298$6%.1067@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4312&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4312

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Bushman shot in da haid in MI
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 01:25:14 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 05:25 UTC

Negro straight from the congo acts just like domestic negroids, 1st
thing he did wrong was get out of the vehicle when he was stopped, you
don't do that, you remain in the vehicle and the officer comes to the
vehicle.
Stepping out of the vehicle is immediately seen as potentially hostile,
and certainly very stupid. You might say oh, hes just a dumb jungle
bunny from Afrika, he didn't know any better - Got news, its up to them
to learn our laws, if he was legal to drive he should have known this
[and in any case, article says this fucker has been here for 8 YEARS,
not like he just got off the banana boat yesterday]

2nd thing he did wrong, he ran. All too common with negroids, why they
just can't cooperate like a normal human is far beyond me. 3rd thing,
going for the cops taser, justifies the bullet in the head.

Fambly hired the notorious race hustler lawyer who just lives for
incidents like this, they want the American Dream and a big, fat payout
to buy big houses and cars they could only dream about in the congo.
However, the dumb buck caused his own death, but obviously BLM will see
another mansion or 2 in this and get involved with "protests", and
Panderer in Chief Xiden will bemoan the tragic loss of this fine citizen
soooo ,,,, City will give them a large payout, officer [rightly] will
not be charged, we'll see if riots ensue [in my home state]

``````````````

Michigan police release footage of white cop fatally shooting black man
in the head during struggle over taser after traffic stop: Man's family
retain Benjamin Crump who says 'excessive force was used'

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was fatally shot by a Michigan cop outside a
house in Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 4
Amid public outcry for transparency police released video of the
deadly incident
The officer repeatedly ordered Lyoya to 'let go' of his Taser, at
one point demanding: 'Drop the Taser!'
In the final moments, the officer was on top of Lyoya, kneeling on
his back at times to subdue him
Civil rights attorney Ben Crump called for the officer involved in
the shooting to be fired and prosecuted
The officer, a seven-year veteran who has not yet been identified,
is on paid leave during the investigation
On Wednesday, several hundred protesters gathered outside the Grand
Rapids Police Department following the release of the videos, calling
for accountability from police and justice for Lyoya

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10717367/Michigan-police-release-footage-white-cop-fatally-shooting-black-man-head.html

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<20220414095356.00004bce@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4315&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4315

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 09:53:56 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:53 UTC

"During this altercation the officer accidentally turns off his body camera, according to police.

However, footage filmed from the mobile phone of Mr Lyoya's passenger has also been released, which appears to show the officer shooting Mr Lyoya in the back of the head".

Seems to be just another execution by cop in the Shithole States of America.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<20220414125542.000059ae@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4317&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4317

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:55:42 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:55 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 09:53:56 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> "During this altercation the officer accidentally turns off his body
> camera, according to police.
>
> However, footage filmed from the mobile phone of Mr Lyoya's passenger
> has also been released, which appears to show the officer shooting Mr
> Lyoya in the back of the head".
>
> Seems to be just another execution by cop in the Shithole States of
> America.

Face down then shot in the back of the head.

"Grabbed the taser" may be correct but disingenuous. He's only not letting go of it because the cop wants to shoot him with it. That's not a particularly unreasonable thing one would want to avoid.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<t39845$av2$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4319&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4319

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:38:13 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Suzy KKKohen)
 by: Loose Cannon - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:38 UTC

In article <20220414125542.000059ae@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> "Grabbed the taser" may be correct but disingenuous. He's only not letting
> go of it because the cop wants to shoot him with it.

A mindreader are you now?

The idiot kept refusing the officer's commands, from the very start,
when he stepped out of the car. Then he kept struggling with him,
and tried to grab the taser. During the entire event, the officer is
trying to avoid excessive force, shouting at the idiot to stop resisting,
until he is left with no option.

There were some cases of unnecessary force by the Police (also incl.
against White guys, but nobody gives a shit about that in today's US
of A), most notably George Floyd. This is *not* one of those cases,
neither was the infamous
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

A few years ago I was pulled over for speeding, at 3:30 AM. I was very
tired, and stepped out of the car. Cop shouted at me to go back
inside, which obviously I did. He came over and was somewhat
menacing at first, but after I apologized for my mistake and showed
him the license and registration, he became friendly and let me
go with a warning. It's so bloody simple. NOTHING would have happened
to this idiot had he behaved sensibly -- but well, he probably had
a good reason for behaving as he did.

It's the same story in at least 95% of these cases: guys acting like
idiots. Also true in the Ahmaud Arbery case. Regardless whether the
McMichaels and Bryan were 100% right, all Arbery had to do was obey,
and nothing would have happened to him. Guess his "honor" was more
important, which is why he attacked Travis McMichael, instead of
behaving sensibly; and now he is dead, and the lives of three
generally law-abiding and productive people are destroyed.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<20220414150938.00000b38@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4320&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4320

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:09:38 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:09 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:38:13 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> A few years ago I was pulled over for speeding, at 3:30 AM. I was very
> tired, and stepped out of the car. Cop shouted at me to go back
> inside, which obviously I did. He came over and was somewhat
> menacing at first, but after I apologized for my mistake and showed
> him the license and registration, he became friendly and let me
> go with a warning. It's so bloody simple.

Well yes; you are white.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<t39b3t$jel$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4321&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4321

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:29:17 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe)
 by: Loose Cannon - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:29 UTC

In article <20220414150938.00000b38@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

>> A few years ago I was pulled over for speeding, at 3:30 AM. I was very
>> tired, and stepped out of the car. Cop shouted at me to go back
>> inside, which obviously I did. He came over and was somewhat
>> menacing at first, but after I apologized for my mistake and showed
>> him the license and registration, he became friendly and let me
>> go with a warning. It's so bloody simple.

> Well yes; you are white.

Guilty as charged.

Also, when a Police officer tells me to do something, I do it. And
as the evidence -- in this case and others -- proves, the initial
approach of the officer(s), also to Blacks, is typically polite and
non-confrontational.

Patrick Lyoya, Michael Brown, and others, should have done what I
do, instead of refusing, resisting, and attacking the officers.

"Idiots lose", to quote (the other) Lebowski from that great film.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<20220414183201.0000145d@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4322&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4322

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:32:01 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 17:32 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:29:17 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> In article <20220414150938.00000b38@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> A few years ago I was pulled over for speeding, at 3:30 AM. I was
> >> very tired, and stepped out of the car. Cop shouted at me to go
> >> back inside, which obviously I did. He came over and was somewhat
> >> menacing at first, but after I apologized for my mistake and showed
> >> him the license and registration, he became friendly and let me
> >> go with a warning. It's so bloody simple.
>
> > Well yes; you are white.
>
> Guilty as charged.

Are you Jewish as well ? Nothing to do with that. I just need someone who is or is conversant enough to help assist with my struggle on 'a Jewish problem' -- when is "the evening of Nissan 14" ?

Given the Jewish day starts at sunset I am not convinced there is such a thing. Do they mean at the end of the previous day as we would have it on a western calendar, is it the starting period of Nissan 15, or is it 18 hours or whatever after Nissan 14 starts, about noon as a westerner would have it ?

"The evening of Nissan 14" seems completely ambiguous to me, so I need someone more familiar with the system to tell me what it actually means. Any idea ?

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<t39pke$a2g$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4323&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4323

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:37:02 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:37 UTC

In article <20220414183201.0000145d@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

>>> Well yes; you are white.
>> Guilty as charged.

> Are you Jewish as well ?

Not Guilty! :)

I had some long nasty quarrels with a few Holocaust deniers (on a different
newsgroup), and after trying (w/o success) to intimidate me into silence,
they began claiming that I'm Jewish; alas I'm not. When nothing worked,
some of them began claiming that I'm "really" my ISP provider, who does
have a Jewish name. Only one of that gang remains active, a really sick
bastard who also cheered the rape and murder of British infants by some
neo-Nazis, and routinely justified paedophilia and rape: a typical example

"I suspect she asked for it by dressing provocatively"

About a two year old, raped by some deranged POS. And there was more,
much more.

I tried to complain to some legal authority in England (I'm 99.9% certain that
he lives in London), but was told that his posts are not considered criminal.

The name of this filthy animal is Andrew Baron (I think this is indeed
the correct spelling, i.e. one "r"); he also referred to himself as Andrzej.
I know that he married a Polish woman, I believe circa 1999. He also seems
to have Polish roots, although he was apparently born in London. He is about
65, to the best of my knowledge. He was active in some local newsgroups,
starting in 1998. He grew up in Cricklewood, mentioned going to school in 1963,
"down the road" from a Russian Orthodox Church near Notting Hill Gate.

He was active, in the early 2,000's, peddling pirated software
in uk.adverts.computer. Some of the e-mails he used were
"vistula@ukgateway.net", "vistula@callnetuk.com" and "telegraph@ukgateway.net".

If anyone can and wants to supply more info, please do. I intend to
press charges against him, and also flush him out. Just be careful,
there may well be other people with that name; that's why I posted
some additional info. My real e-mail is rjac@TheWorld.com.

BTW, AFAIK (I never asked, but there are very "non-Jewish names", and I know that
most people back then used their real names, and further, that some of the
names were 100% genuine), the majority of the "anti-denier" camp were not Jewish.
The "debate" began to die after some long reports were submitted, refuting
the deniers' claims. Then there was David Irving's defeat in court, and his
subsequent admission that mass homicidal gassing did take place in some
camps.

> Nothing to do with that. I just need someone who is or is conversant enough
> to help assist with my struggle on 'a Jewish problem' -- when is "the evening
> of Nissan 14" ?

Sorry, I don't have a clue.

Perhaps there are Internet forums for such questions? A quick Google search
gave https://www.reformjudaism.org/learning/answers-jewish-questions .

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<ew46K.584095$7F2.198560@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4328&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4328

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 22:12:25 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 02:12 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:

>>> Guilty as charged.
>
>> Are you Jewish as well ?
>
> Not Guilty! :)
>
> I had some long nasty quarrels with a few Holocaust deniers (on a different
> newsgroup), and after trying (w/o success) to intimidate me into silence,
> they began claiming that I'm Jewish; alas I'm not. When nothing worked,
> some of them began claiming that I'm "really" my ISP provider, who does
> have a Jewish name. Only one of that gang remains active, a really sick
> bastard who also cheered the rape and murder of British infants by some
> neo-Nazis, and routinely justified paedophilia and rape: a typical example
>
> "I suspect she asked for it by dressing provocatively"
>
> About a two year old, raped by some deranged POS. And there was more,
> much more.
>
> I tried to complain to some legal authority in England (I'm 99.9% certain that
> he lives in London), but was told that his posts are not considered criminal.
>
> The name of this filthy animal is Andrew Baron (I think this is indeed
> the correct spelling, i.e. one "r"); he also referred to himself as Andrzej.
> I know that he married a Polish woman, I believe circa 1999. He also seems
> to have Polish roots, although he was apparently born in London. He is about
> 65, to the best of my knowledge. He was active in some local newsgroups,
> starting in 1998. He grew up in Cricklewood, mentioned going to school in 1963,
> "down the road" from a Russian Orthodox Church near Notting Hill Gate.
>
> He was active, in the early 2,000's, peddling pirated software
> in uk.adverts.computer. Some of the e-mails he used were
> "vistula@ukgateway.net", "vistula@callnetuk.com" and "telegraph@ukgateway.net".
>
> If anyone can and wants to supply more info, please do. I intend to
> press charges against him, and also flush him out. Just be careful,
> there may well be other people with that name; that's why I posted
> some additional info. My real e-mail is rjac@TheWorld.com.
>
> BTW, AFAIK (I never asked, but there are very "non-Jewish names", and I know that
> most people back then used their real names, and further, that some of the
> names were 100% genuine), the majority of the "anti-denier" camp were not Jewish.
> The "debate" began to die after some long reports were submitted, refuting
> the deniers' claims. Then there was David Irving's defeat in court, and his
> subsequent admission that mass homicidal gassing did take place in some
> camps.

Gimme a break, do you really need to wash your dirty laundry here ?
You are and can be every bit as vulgar, uncouth and inhuman as your
nemesis - You know it, so do I.

Nigger shot in head, you make a post that makes sense then dive off into
the deep end of eternal flame wars just on a simple question if you are
a JOO [Which I tend to believe that you are regardless of your
protestations] on the basis that I'd deny it too, as many JOOS do,
Anglosizing their names ect.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<t3bd6o$mg4$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4331&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4331

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:17:12 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:17 UTC

In article <ew46K.584095$7F2.198560@fx12.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

[...]

> Nigger shot in head, you make a post that makes sense then dive off into
> the deep end of eternal flame wars just on a simple question if you are
> a JOO [Which I tend to believe that you are regardless of your
> protestations] on the basis that I'd deny it too, as many JOOS do,
> Anglosizing their names ect.

Well then, it would have been foolish for me to change to Jacobson, huh?
I could at the least go for Jacobsen, which is the more popular version
in Sweden AFAIK.

I mentioned the nazoid paedo Andrew 'Andrzej' Baron, since he's the one
who began with the "accusation" that I'm Jewish. Am I obsessed with that
sick POS? Yes, I am. Do I hate him immensely? Yes, I do. That's how it
fucking is.

"you make posts that makes sense then dive off into the deep end".

As do you, at times. Guess none of us is perfect, huh.

Re: Bushman shot in da haid in MI

<20220416131206.000000e4@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4357&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4357

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:12:06 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:12 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:32:01 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Are you Jewish as well ? Nothing to do with that. I just need someone
> who is or is conversant enough to help assist with my struggle on 'a
> Jewish problem' -- when is "the evening of Nissan 14" ?

And, to keep you updated, it appears it means just as it would to us, the period which follows the sun having been present on that day. So the evening of Nissan 14 would be the start of Nissan 15.

Which is why the question arose. The Witness's Memorial, their remembrance of the Lord's Evening Meal, actually coincided with Good Friday this year, which brought up the question of whether they were memorialising on the correct day.

Witnesses say they memorialise on the day of Jesus's death, Nissan 14, and that would fit with the view that Jesus ate his supper at the start of Nissan 14, the Day of Preparation, was betrayed some 6 hours later, tried 6 hours after, put to death some 6 hours after, died about 6 hours after that, just before Nissan 15, the day of the Sabbath.

But Witnesses delay their memorial until after sunset at the end of Nissan 14 which makes it Nissan 15, which would coincide with the eating of the Passover meal of sacrificed lamb. But if that were Jesus's last meal, the Lord's Evening Meal, it would have him put to death and dying on Nissan 15, not 14.

So memorialising on Nissan 14, as Witnesses say they do, wouldn't be correct. And in fact they don't; it is Nissan 15 when they hold their memorial.

But they do assert that Jesus ate his last meal and was put to death and died on Nissan 14 so why memorialise a full 24 hours late ?

And it's no good resorting to what the Bible says as John is at odds with the rest of the Gospel choir. John says ate, put to death and died on Nissan 14. The others say ate, put to death, died on Nissan 15.

But Nissan 15 was a Sabbath, the start of Passover, so it wouldn't consistent to break legs on the cross to ensure death and burial before Passover began.

It seems John wishes to assert that Jesus was sacrificed at the same time the Passover Lamb was sacrificed, Mathew, Mark and Luke wish to assert the Lord's Evening Meal coincided with the Passover Meal of sacrificed lamb.

It seems impossible to reconcile the two 'true accounts' and hard enough to even determine the timeline. Sabbath doesn't only mean Saturday so "the day before the Sabbath had to be a Friday" doesn't necessarily hold true.

Then there's trying to map that to our western system of dating, then placing the Witness's Memorial atop of that.

It's a rabbit warren of a hole to go into.

Jesus' last meal

<t3ecjg$3hl$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4358&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4358

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Jesus' last meal
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:25 UTC

In article <20220416131206.000000e4@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

[...]

1) Subject changed to reflect current content.

2) Sorry, this is way above my head. I could not follow 95% of what
you wrote. But (no flame intended) what is the salient point you're
driving at, and why is the exact date so important?

Re: Jesus' last meal

<20220416184640.00005b61@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4361&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4361

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Jesus' last meal
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:46:40 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:46 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> In article <20220416131206.000000e4@ntlworld.invalid>,
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> 1) Subject changed to reflect current content.
>
> 2) Sorry, this is way above my head. I could not follow 95% of what
> you wrote. But (no flame intended) what is the salient point you're
> driving at

That it's not easy to determine when the Lord's Evening Meal was.

> and why is the exact date so important?

To confirm, when someone is holding a Memorial and they claim that it is on the anniversary of that exact day, and they make a big thing of that exactness, that it is the correct day.

Most Christian faiths don't claim an exactness regarding any celebrations or remembrances of Christ's birth, death or events associated with those, so it's not important.

But if a faith is going to claim exactness, even assert that exactness is what makes it the 'one true faith', it really should be exact.

Re: Jesus' last meal

<t3f1lb$262$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4362&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4362

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:24:43 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Seanie O'Kilfoyle)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:24 UTC

In article <20220416184640.00005b61@ntlworld.invalid>,
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

[...]

> But if a faith is going to claim exactness, even assert that exactness
> is what makes it the 'one true faith', it really should be exact.

The details you discuss are outside my sphere of knowledge, I do confess.

Generally, IMHO the question of how accurate the NT and Jewish Bible
are, from the historical POV, is of some interest, the story of Jesus
being -- for obvious reasons -- of major importance in this regard;
but there are many things that we will never know.

Most people just don't care what really happened. The ability of people
to lie to themselves and others, and to ignore reality, is staggering;
this is very evident in all major religions, with (from the little I know)
Buddhism being one exception.

Just look at the current BS going on again in Jerusalem with the "Holy
Places". All inspired by some stupid legends. But many people cling to
them, because that's what they need.

Still, it is good to seek the truth, and I wish you success.

"If you had a time machine, and could go back to three points in time"...
the "Jesus affair" would obviously have been the first choice for many.
It is really the greatest, most emotional story ever told, and
apparently much of it is true.

Re: Jesus' last meal

<20220416200151.00007a74@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4364&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4364

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:01:51 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:01 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:24:43 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> "If you had a time machine, and could go back to three points in
> time"... the "Jesus affair" would obviously have been the first
> choice for many. It is really the greatest, most emotional story ever
> told, and apparently much of it is true.

But the final chapter would probably be more horrific than anything Mel Gibson can inflict upon our modern sensibilities :-)

If we ever do invent time travel it will be interesting to see how the world unfolds and rebuilds when truths are found false, and hidden secrets are revealed.

Re: Jesus' last meal

<20220416222122.00006331@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4367&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4367

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 22:21:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 21:21 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> 2) Sorry, this is way above my head. I could not follow 95% of what
> you wrote.

It is difficult to visualise. This is the best and clearest diagram I could find, which tallies with John and is what I am inclined to accept -

https://crossroadsglenwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Jesus-Last-3-Days.png

What's missing from there is the Passover meal which would be in Nisan 15, to the left of "Tomb guarded", the evening of our Friday.

Which is when Witnesses Memorialise the anniversary of the Lord's Supper - which was 24 hours earlier.

Go figure.

It was trying to figure it out, reconcile the discrepancy, which dragged me down the rabbit hole.

Most Christian faiths follow that diagram - Died on Good Friday afternoon, Rose on Easter Sunday morning.

Just don't try and figure out how that's "three days and three nights" in the tomb as Jonah was in the belly of the whale.