From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: First Direct Bank
Date: 4 Jul 2022 13:56:55 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:56 UTC

I know they are part of HSBC but they seem to have a good reputation for
customer service. I called to check a couple of things and they took 7
minutes to answer, don't know how that compares nowadays. No sense of
humour, when I asked if the Switch service meant my ex didn't get her
maintenance would they explain it to her I just got deadly silence.

Before I take the plunge anybody here use them or heard good or bad things?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

Re: First Direct Bank

<t9urut$mh4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4389&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4389

From: phawk...@totalise.co.uk (Peter Hawkins)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: First Direct Bank
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 15:03:10 +0100
 by: Peter Hawkins - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 14:03 UTC

On 04/07/2022 14:56, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I know they are part of HSBC but they seem to have a good reputation for
> customer service. I called to check a  couple of things and they took 7
> minutes to answer, don't know how that compares nowadays. No sense of
> humour, when I asked if the Switch service meant my ex didn't get her
> maintenance would they explain it to her I just got deadly silence.
>
> Before I take the plunge anybody here use them or heard good or bad things?

Martin Lewis (moneysavingexpert.com) rates them highly, if that helps.
I have no first hand knowledge of them.

--
Sent from my laptop.