From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Second bite of the cherry
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:20:31 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:20 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61165270

<quotes>

An elderly Jewish woman who survived the Holocaust has died in the siege of Mariupol, her daughter told the Chabad.org news site.

Vanda Semyonovna Obiedkova, 91, was sheltering without water in a freezing basement when she died on 4 April.

More than 80 years ago she had hidden in a cellar during Mariupol's Nazi occupation.

She survived the rest of Mariupol's Nazi occupation by spending the next two years in a hospital, which her father - who was not Jewish - had managed to get her checked in to.

</quotes>

I expect it will provoke another round of far right anti-Semitic racists and propagandists hypocritically claiming it as proof that Russians are Nazis.

Re: Second bite of the cherry

<y%18K.857961$aT3.494277@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4402&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4402

Subject: Re: Second bite of the cherry
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:59:08 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 00:59 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61165270
>
> <quotes>
>
> An elderly Jewish woman who survived the Holocaust has died in the siege of Mariupol, her daughter told the Chabad.org news site.
>
> Vanda Semyonovna Obiedkova, 91, was sheltering without water in a freezing basement when she died on 4 April.
>
> More than 80 years ago she had hidden in a cellar during Mariupol's Nazi occupation.
>
> She survived the rest of Mariupol's Nazi occupation by spending the next two years in a hospital, which her father - who was not Jewish - had managed to get her checked in to.
>
> </quotes>
>
> I expect it will provoke another round of far right anti-Semitic racists and propagandists hypocritically claiming it as proof that Russians are Nazis.

I expect that any normal person would draw the conclusion that she, like
many others, survived the Nazis but not putin and his murderous rabble.

For the Germans of WW2, a victory over Russia would obviously by default
hand them Ukraine as well so, unlike putin, they had no pressing need to
target and terrorize civilians but rather concentrated on the Red army,
Moscow ect.

Not sure why and on what grounds you are trying to assign political
leanings to support/opposition to putin.
I presume I am the "far right anti-Semitic racist" you refer to, yet in
another post you said the far right Le Pen supports putin [as does
yourself], so that would make you strange bedfellows.

I am on the side of not jump starting WW3, I am on the side of not
brutally attacking peaceful civilians to achieve personal megalomaniac
goals, I am on the side of not threatening the planet with nuclear
holocaust if certain people don't get their way.

It is clear to me and most others that, had putins plan A worked and
Ukraine was overrun and subjugated within a week, that would not have
been peace in our time or the end of his goals, but rather, just the
beginning, and things would have been even more threatening and unstable
than they are now.