From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Gotta catch 'em all
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:02:57 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:02 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61161529

<quotes>

A 31-year-old healthcare worker caught Covid twice within 20 days - the shortest-known gap between infections, Spanish researchers have claimed.

Tests show the woman was infected with two different variants - Delta in late December and then Omicron in January.

This shows that even if you have had Covid before, you can still be infected again even if fully vaccinated, the researchers say.

</quotes>

I thought that was already well known. It's why we need booster shots, because two vaccinations provided almost no protection against Omicron. And it's why living with covid means facing a lifetime of booster shots whenever a new mutation gains hold.

Covid is "just like winter flu" in that respect; everyone is continually at risk and being vaccinated against one variant doesn't mean you are safe from any other.

I guess confirming reinfection is welcome though. It at least provides verifiable proof that those who say it can't, won't or doesn't happen are entirely wrong.