Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Fact - Lock downs didn't work, don't work, actually increase death
and misery - But don't expect wingnut propaganda services to tell you
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:10:55 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 21:10 UTC

So not only did the Gestapo like lockdowns barely save any lives, but
they included 100,000's of non covid deaths [many of which were caused
by lockdowns/shutdowns] as covid deaths, and its not hard to draw
conclusions why - They wanted people to live in constant fear and panic,
and they still do.

Who is "they" ?
You and I both know the answer to that.

`````````````````````````

So why did so many American mainstream media outlets IGNORE a reputable
university's study that lockdowns didn't work? New York Times,
Washington Post, ABC, NBC and CBS all failed to run the story because
they 'have their own narrative written'

A review by three economists found that COVID restrictions only
reduced COVID mortality rates by 0.2 percent
The study was published in the Studies in Applied Economics January
2022 edition but was largely ignored by mainstream media outlets
It was nowhere to be found on the New York Times, Washington Post
and ABC News websites
While some CBS and NBC affiliates reported on it, the national
networks did not
Dr. Martin Markay, a professor of surgery at Johns Hopkins
University, tore into the outlets on Wednesday
He warned they 'may already have their own narrative written' on
the effectiveness of COVID lockdowns

The study found that lockdowns imposed in many US cities in the spring
of 2020 led to a reduction of COVID deaths by 0.2 percent.

'Now compare that number, which turns out to be about 1,800 individuals,
to the number of non-COVID deaths, what we call the "excess non-COVID
mortality" in the United States.

'It was 124,000 excess deaths in year one. So, over two years, it was
about a quarter million people who died. Many many scientists have now
begun to peel back this number,' Makary said.

He explained that 60,000 to 70,000 of them died from substance abuse,
while others died from deferred cancer care, self harm and other side
effects of lockdowns.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10474269/Mainstream-news-outlets-IGNORE-Johns-Hopkins-study-COVID-lockdowns-reduced-deaths-0-2.html

Re: Fact - Lock downs didn't work, don't work, actually increase death and misery - But don't expect wingnut propaganda services to tell you

<20220422010131.00000fad@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4422&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4422

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Fact - Lock downs didn't work, don't work, actually increase
death and misery - But don't expect wingnut propaganda services to tell you
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 01:01:31 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:01 UTC

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:10:55 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> So why did so many American mainstream media outlets IGNORE a
> reputable university's study that lockdowns didn't work?

This again. Same answer as last time - because it was bullshit.

The university may be reputable but the study wasn't.