Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Subject: Strange Trend of Food Processing Plant Fires Appears Across the US
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 04:02:23 +0100
 by: TWP - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 03:02 UTC

https://timcast.com/news/strange-trend-of-food-processing-plants-fires-manifests-across-the-us/

At least sixteen fires have broken out at food processing plants,
impacting the nation's supply of beef and poultry

____________

I don't know... this looks to me like a price-fixing thing if it's not
just everyone using the same kind of faulty or badly-modified equipment.

Could be some kind of animal rights thing too I suppose.

Very strange.

Re: Strange Trend of Food Processing Plant Fires Appears Across the US

<20220423115836.00000caa@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4460&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4460

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Strange Trend of Food Processing Plant Fires Appears Across the
US
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:58:36 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 10:58 UTC

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 04:02:23 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> https://timcast.com/news/strange-trend-of-food-processing-plants-fires-manifests-across-the-us/
>
> At least sixteen fires have broken out at food processing plants,
> impacting the nation's supply of beef and poultry
>
> ____________
>
> I don't know... this looks to me like a price-fixing thing if it's
> not just everyone using the same kind of faulty or badly-modified
> equipment.
>
> Could be some kind of animal rights thing too I suppose.
>
> Very strange.

Indeed. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to push up prices by destroying the means to produce those high-priced items.

The gains from increased prices wouldn't match the loss of profits from producing items at a lower price. One would need to control the entire market for that to be successful or you are merely handing profit to competitors.

The General Mills fire in Georgia was caused by a light aircraft crashing into it shortly after take off. It would be conspiracy theory to suggest that was a deliberate act on behalf of the food processor who wanted to limit production. There would be easier ways to achieve that.

This is a map of food processing related fires in 2020 - https://iceagefarmer.com/fire

It sure is odd but the Shithole States of America rejects safety regulation encourages unsafe working practices to maximise profit. One would need to look at each fire to get an understanding of what is actually going on.

Maybe some are eco-terrorism but it seems odd if not declared. Some may be people putting themselves out of business to claim insurance having suffered through covid and the bird flu culling.

Others say that it's nothing out of the ordinary, and its propagandists trying to exploit the norm to their advantage. It's a standard rightwing tactic to take a fact and then wrap an untruth around that. Rees-Mogg is a Grand Master at that.

Re: Strange Trend of Food Processing Plant Fires Appears Across the US

<20220423121059.00002909@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4461&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4461

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
US
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 12:10:59 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:10 UTC

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:58:36 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> Others say that it's nothing out of the ordinary

One analysis I found says that is the case, that after investigation there is no evidence of systemic foul play or deliberate interference with supplies.

They argue that the only reason it's being noticed at all is because we are in a time of shortages and these fires will potentially make those shortages worse.

In other years we don't even notice because there is supply chain capacity to make up any short-fall.