I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie. -- Princess Leia Organa

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Amazon Prime

SubjectAuthor
* Amazon PrimeJeff Gaines
+- Re: Amazon PrimeWho, me?
+- Re: Amazon PrimeIndy Jess John
+* Re: Amazon PrimeJack Harry Teesdale
|+* Re: Amazon PrimeSmokey
||`- Re: Amazon PrimeSmokey
|`- Re: Amazon PrimeHarry Bloomfield Esq
+* Re: Amazon PrimeJeff Gaines
|`- Re: Amazon PrimeSmokey
`* Re: Amazon PrimeRay
 `* Re: Amazon PrimeJeff Gaines
  `- Re: Amazon PrimeRay

1
Amazon Prime

<xn0nk9zcwbn8iyh01m@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4460&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4460

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Amazon Prime
Date: 12 Jul 2022 12:26:01 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:26 UTC

Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?

I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?

It says it includes free videos, I'll have to see if my kit can use it but
looking at what is available there seem to be several BBC TV series that I
have already paid for in my licence fee and several films that you have to
pay for. I'd be interested to know what you actually get in the price.

They are a bit more honest about books saying it's a "selection".

It seems that music may be the same as unlimited music costs an extra
£9.99 a month.

Any info, or pointers to independent reviews, much appreciated!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent

Re: Amazon Prime

<tak0ro$22fqu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4461&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4461

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Amazon Prime
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 14:35:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 14:35 UTC

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:26:01 +0000, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?

I have it - I use it for music, deliveries and some videos. It works
fine for me at a reasonable cost.

--
david

Re: Amazon Prime

<tak3rn$22p36$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4462&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4462

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:26:47 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 15:26 UTC

On 12/07/2022 13:26, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?
>
> I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
> studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?

I ended up with Prime by accident when I didn't spot a pre-ticked box
that I had to untick to avoid Prime. I cot a "Welcome to Prime" email
which alerted me. I didn't want Prime so I went online and cancelled
it. I did get free shipping for the rest of the trial month, even though
I cancelled Prime on day 2.

Jim

Re: Amazon Prime

<tak5oi$23014$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4463&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4463

From: noreply4...@yahoo.co.uk (Jack Harry Teesdale)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:59:10 +0100
 by: Jack Harry Teesdale - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 15:59 UTC

On 12/07/2022 13:26, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?
>
> I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
> studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?
>
> It says it includes free videos, I'll have to see if my kit can use it
> but looking at what is available there seem to be several BBC TV series
> that I have already paid for in my licence fee and several films that
> you have to pay for. I'd be interested to know what you actually get in
> the price.
>
> They are a bit more honest about books saying it's a "selection".
>
> It seems that music may be the same as unlimited music costs an extra
> £9.99 a month.
>
> Any info, or pointers to independent reviews, much appreciated!

It really depends on whether you order enough stuff regularly from
Amazon to make it worth the subscription.

The music is OK if you listen regularly but the TV selection is a waste
of time.

Re: Amazon Prime

<jj5mrsFd32eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4464&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4464

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 12 Jul 2022 16:46:52 GMT
 by: Smokey - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:46 UTC

Jack Harry Teesdale <noreply492000-medic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/07/2022 13:26, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?
>>
>> I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
>> studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?
>>
>> It says it includes free videos, I'll have to see if my kit can use it
>> but looking at what is available there seem to be several BBC TV series
>> that I have already paid for in my licence fee and several films that
>> you have to pay for. I'd be interested to know what you actually get in
>> the price.
>>

> Amazon to make it worth the subscription.
>
> The music is OK if you listen regularly but the TV selection is a waste
> of time.

I buy a lot from Amazon , so it’s worthwhile for me . I enjoy quite a lot
of the videos , as I don’t have sky, also get lots of tennis, I haven’t
checked other sports , will have a look . I like the music too . For me
it’s worth while Had a quick look on videos , and sports , a selection of
videos on for all . You could try a trial & then cancel ? Also free
Morrisons delivery in certain areas ..

--
§mokey

Re: Amazon Prime

<jj689aFfpsqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4467&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4467

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 12 Jul 2022 21:44:10 GMT
 by: Smokey - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 21:44 UTC

Smokey <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> Jack Harry Teesdale <noreply492000-medic@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 12/07/2022 13:26, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?
>>>
>>> I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
>>> studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?
>>>
>>> It says it includes free videos, I'll have to see if my kit can use it
>>> but looking at what is available there seem to be several BBC TV series
>>> that I have already paid for in my licence fee and several films that
>>> you have to pay for. I'd be interested to know what you actually get in
>>> the price.
>>>

>> Amazon to make it worth the subscription.
>>
>> The music is OK if you listen regularly but the TV selection is a waste
>> of time.
>>

> I buy a lot from Amazon , so it’s worthwhile for me . I enjoy quite a lot
> of the videos , as I don’t have sky, also get lots of tennis, I haven’t
> checked other sports , will have a look . I like the music too . For me
> it’s worth while Had a quick look on videos , and sports , a selection of
> videos on for all . You could try a trial & then cancel ? Also free
> Morrisons delivery in certain areas ..

I’ve just watched a video called Music of Silence about the early life of
Andre Boceli , it was fabulous ..

--
§mokey

Re: Amazon Prime

<xn0nkbbhvczg5n801q@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4473&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4473

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 13 Jul 2022 10:55:39 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:55 UTC

On 12/07/2022 in message <xn0nk9zcwbn8iyh01m@news.individual.net> Jeff
Gaines wrote:

>Any info, or pointers to independent reviews, much appreciated!

Many thanks for the responses, looks as if it may be worth a punt as long
as I remember to cancel if it doesn't prove worthwhile.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Every day is a good day for chicken, unless you're a chicken.

Re: Amazon Prime

<jj7ukkFnrshU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4475&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4475

From: me...@privacy.net (Smokey)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 13 Jul 2022 13:11:48 GMT
 by: Smokey - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:11 UTC

Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/07/2022 in message <xn0nk9zcwbn8iyh01m@news.individual.net> Jeff
> Gaines wrote:
>
>> Any info, or pointers to independent reviews, much appreciated!
>
> Many thanks for the responses, looks as if it may be worth a punt as long
> as I remember to cancel if it doesn't prove worthwhile.

Yep , worth a try , set an alert to cancel it ..

--
§mokey

Re: Amazon Prime

<tammj4$2d4g8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4476&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4476

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:58:44 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:58 UTC

Jack Harry Teesdale pretended :
> It really depends on whether you order enough stuff regularly from Amazon to
> make it worth the subscription.

Even so, Amazon prices are much higher than other sources such as Ebay,
so you are paying for the fast delivery once in the price, then a
second time if you subscribe to Prime. If you can just wait few days,
get it from Ebay.

Re: Amazon Prime

<taoijg$2lj1o$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4478&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4478

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 08:02:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 08:02 UTC

On 12 Jul 2022 at 13:26:01 BST, ""Jeff Gaines"" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Does anybody here subscribe to this or have some background please?
>
> I know about the free shipping, although I don't know of that includes
> studs shipped from Amazon Marketplace?
>
> It says it includes free videos, I'll have to see if my kit can use it but
> looking at what is available there seem to be several BBC TV series that I
> have already paid for in my licence fee and several films that you have to
> pay for. I'd be interested to know what you actually get in the price.
>
> They are a bit more honest about books saying it's a "selection".
>
> It seems that music may be the same as unlimited music costs an extra
> £9.99 a month.
>
> Any info, or pointers to independent reviews, much appreciated!

Bit late, I've been away.
Free shipping if the item you are ordering says "Prime". This also applies to
Market Place sellers.
Most Prime deliveries are next day if you order within the time frame
indicated. I've ordered stuff as late as 6 PM and got it next day ferinstance.
It does depend on which Amazon warehouse it's stored in. I looked at one item
this week where the delivery was two days, but for my sons address in
Yorkshire it was next day.
I scored a couple of new Apple watches for significantly less than Apples
prices in the 2 day Prime Day just finished.

Regular prices do go up and down frequently so it pays to watch stuff you're
interested in. Apps are available to do that.
There is also the Warehouse where they sell returned refurbished goods at
discount. I've had stuff from there indistinguishable from new.

Despite what others may say there is an awsome amount of video content
available including films and TV series both UK and foreign.
We use it a lot as most current offerings from terrestrial TV are frankly not
worth the licence fee.
There is a big library of free music, but an extra subscription for the full
content. I'm happy with the freebie, not that I use it much. I have Spotify.
Ask Alexa to play music and it pulls it from the free stuff. Nice jazz
selection.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for.
You can go about your business

Re: Amazon Prime

<xn0nkcqc8ef58oy01w@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4485&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4485

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: 14 Jul 2022 11:02:49 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:02 UTC

On 14/07/2022 in message <taoijg$2lj1o$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>
Ray wrote:

>Despite what others may say there is an awsome amount of video content
>available including films and TV series both UK and foreign.

Is it/most of it included in the price?

>We use it a lot as most current offerings from terrestrial TV are frankly
>not
>worth the licence fee.

Ain't that the truth :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Re: Amazon Prime

<tap0ib$2n3dr$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4486&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4486

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:01:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:01 UTC

On 14 Jul 2022 at 12:02:49 BST, ""Jeff Gaines"" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 14/07/2022 in message <taoijg$2lj1o$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>
> Ray wrote:
>
>> Despite what others may say there is an awsome amount of video content
>> available including films and TV series both UK and foreign.
>
> Is it/most of it included in the price?

Yes.
There are items which incure additional cost but they are clearly marked as
not included.