It's not enough to be Hungarian; you must have talent too. -- Alexander Korda

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

SubjectAuthor
* Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
`* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
 `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
  `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
   `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
    `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
     `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      +* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |+* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      ||+* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |||+* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      |||`* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      ||| `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |||  `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      |||   `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |||    `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      |||     `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |||      `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      |||       `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsLoose Cannon
      |||        `- Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
      ||`- Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
      |`* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
      | `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      |  `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
      |   `- Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
      `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy
       `* Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsJeSSe
        `- Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote loomsThe Happy Hippy

Pages:12
Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<OAX7K.286779$4JN7.246121@fx05.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4392&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4392

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Subject: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:40:59 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 17:40 UTC

Some people seem to be under the mistaken impressionism that macron has
already won, but that is not the case.

````````````````````````````

In the climax of France’s presidential campaign, centrist President
Emmanuel Macron and far-right contender Marine Le Pen will meet
Wednesday evening in a one-on-one television debate that could prove
decisive before Sunday’s runoff vote.

Both candidates have carefully prepared for the highly scrutinized
debate, expected to last more than two hours.

Macron, a pro-European centrist, emerged ahead from the April 10 first
round and is leading in opinion polls. But Le Pen, an anti-immigration
nationalist who has gained ground this year by tapping anger over
inflation, has significantly narrowed the gap in public support compared
to the last presidential election five years ago, when she lost with 34%
of the vote to Macron’s 66%.

https://apnews.com/article/business-france-elections-campaigns-presidential-24d8ca9828ab7855b4d27d3bb3cf8bfe

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220420200901.00007619@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4395&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4395

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:09:01 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:09 UTC

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:40:59 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Some people seem to be under the mistaken impressionism that macron
> has already won, but that is not the case.

Unless there is massive voting fraud or insanity takes France then he has.

Macron - 28.1%
Le Pen - 23.3%
Melenchon - 20.1%
Zemmour - 7.2%
Pecresse - 5.0%
Jadot - 4.4%

While Zemmour has endorsed Le Pen, the others have urged their supporters not to vote for Le Pen and all but Melenchon have endorsed Macron.

So that's about 66% for Macron to 34% for Le Pen, much the same as last time.

The potentially close vote is based on the far left staying home, giving Macron 52.8% to Le Pen's 47.2%.

That could happen but most of the far left and left will grudgingly vote for Macron, as they always do, because that's infinitely preferable to them than letting the far right take power.

If you can provide a rational reason why the far left and left would ever vote for their ideological enemy I would be delighted to hear it. Or an explanation of where else Le Pen is going to magic-up extra votes from to secure victory.

Right wing media and propagandists play this game every French election, stoking up false hopes that "Le Pen may win it this time".

It's always satisfying to see the deluded having their hopes raised because it makes crushing them so much more delicious but it's still a farce.

From a right wing perspective I imagine there's some delight taken in "scaring lefties into thinking their time is numbered and the far right will win". That however only encourages the left to hold their noses and vote for "anything but the far right". It's the only reason left and centrist media play along with this nonsense.

It's a shame the debate isn't carried on France 24 here as I would love to see Le Pen defend her support for Russia. Alexei Navalny has endorsed Macron because her party is so far up Putin's backside.

Anyway, come Sunday we will know.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<vRZ7K.606438$7F2.50277@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4397&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4397

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:15:20 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:15 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:40:59 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Some people seem to be under the mistaken impressionism that macron
>> has already won, but that is not the case.
>
> Unless there is massive voting fraud or insanity takes France then he has.
>
> Macron - 28.1%
> Le Pen - 23.3%
> Melenchon - 20.1%
> Zemmour - 7.2%
> Pecresse - 5.0%
> Jadot - 4.4%

Well, you did post 10 days ago that "Macron wins another term" so theres
that - You jumped the gun, he has not won another term.
Obviously a Le Pen win is unlikely, lets hope for a bit of insanity then !

> While Zemmour has endorsed Le Pen, the others have urged their supporters not to vote for Le Pen and all but Melenchon have endorsed Macron.
>
> So that's about 66% for Macron to 34% for Le Pen, much the same as last time.
>
> The potentially close vote is based on the far left staying home, giving Macron 52.8% to Le Pen's 47.2%.
>
> That could happen but most of the far left and left will grudgingly vote for Macron, as they always do, because that's infinitely preferable to them than letting the far right take power.
>
> If you can provide a rational reason why the far left and left would ever vote for their ideological enemy I would be delighted to hear it. Or an explanation of where else Le Pen is going to magic-up extra votes from to secure victory.

You are reading way too much into my short and simple post, no where did
I say she is going to win, is likely to win.
Just pointing out that macron has not won yet.

> Right wing media and propagandists play this game every French election, stoking up false hopes that "Le Pen may win it this time".
>
> It's always satisfying to see the deluded having their hopes raised because it makes crushing them so much more delicious but it's still a farce.
>
> From a right wing perspective I imagine there's some delight taken in "scaring lefties into thinking their time is numbered and the far right will win". That however only encourages the left to hold their noses and vote for "anything but the far right". It's the only reason left and centrist media play along with this nonsense.
>
> It's a shame the debate isn't carried on France 24 here as I would love to see Le Pen defend her support for Russia. Alexei Navalny has endorsed Macron because her party is so far up Putin's backside.
>
> Anyway, come Sunday we will know.

Macron has been snuggling up to putin himself so he might not want to
bring something up that could be thrown back in his face. Not sure what
this Le Pen "support" allegedly entails, probably somewhere along the
lines of your support, but not near that extreme.
You obviously have a more in depth grasp of french politics than I do,
I'm not that interested though of course I'd like to see a nationalist
victory.

France, like most European nations & UK, is withering on the vine and
large swaths turned into dirty, violent 3rd world cesspools thanks to
left wing open borders policies, and sheer national/cultural/societal
survival depends 100% on turning this around, securing borders and
giving invaders the boot ,,, But in frances case at least, it would seem
a majority of the invaders want to cross the channel to your quaint
little island, so in effect is just a temporary stepping stone.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220421131522.00003510@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4410&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4410

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:15:22 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:15 UTC

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:15:20 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:40:59 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Some people seem to be under the mistaken impressionism that macron
> >> has already won, but that is not the case.
> >
> > Unless there is massive voting fraud or insanity takes France then
> > he has.
> >
> > Macron - 28.1%
> > Le Pen - 23.3%
> > Melenchon - 20.1%
> > Zemmour - 7.2%
> > Pecresse - 5.0%
> > Jadot - 4.4%
>
> Well, you did post 10 days ago that "Macron wins another term" so
> theres that

That was just a subject heading, the hook as it were. He pretty much has, as I said in my post, and as you admit yourself -

> Obviously a Le Pen win is unlikely

Exactly.

I was actually quite impressed with Le Pen last night. Though she couldn't imaginably have fared worse than last time. I can even agree with her on some policies since she's stepped off her platform of nationalism -

Retirement at 60.
Embracing nuclear power.
Not restricting the importation of Russian oil and gas.
Forming stronger ties with Putin and Russia.
Recognising Crimea as Russian territory.

How about you ?

> lets hope for a bit of insanity then !

Given your anti-Putin stance, hoping pro-Putin Le Pen wins and anti-Putin Macron loses is the actual insanity.

It's most likely your bizarre propaganda relativism again. You hate Macron more than you hate Putin so you support Le Pen over Macron though you stand against her on Putin.

It's why your propaganda is so easily dismissed as meaningless drivel, easily recognised as the daily outpouring of hate you need to think your life has meaning.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<oLg8K.2$81g4.1@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4414&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4414

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:45:55 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:45 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:15:20 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> Unless there is massive voting fraud or insanity takes France then
>>> he has.
>>>
>>> Macron - 28.1%
>>> Le Pen - 23.3%
>>> Melenchon - 20.1%
>>> Zemmour - 7.2%
>>> Pecresse - 5.0%
>>> Jadot - 4.4%
>>
>> Well, you did post 10 days ago that "Macron wins another term" so
>> theres that
>
> That was just a subject heading, the hook as it were. He pretty much has, as I said in my post, and as you admit yourself -

No, it was you just being stupidly wrong and uniformed [as usual] ,,,
Much like calling rumors of a Russian invasion of Ukraine anti putin
bullshit, right up until the day he invaded.

>> Obviously a Le Pen win is unlikely
>
> Exactly.
>
> I was actually quite impressed with Le Pen last night. Though she couldn't imaginably have fared worse than last time. I can even agree with her on some policies since she's stepped off her platform of nationalism -
>
> Retirement at 60.
> Embracing nuclear power.
> Not restricting the importation of Russian oil and gas.
> Forming stronger ties with Putin and Russia.
> Recognising Crimea as Russian territory.
>
> How about you ?

Uh, nuclear power yeah, the rest no.
Which European powers would be idiotic enough to tie themselves long
term to Russian fuel supplies after this ? Or legitimize Russian
conquests that they have been sanctioned for for 8 years ?
I have stated my opinion on Crimea many times, am not going to repeat
them for the benefit of those with a short attention span, nor will I
change them on the recommendations of some old french lady.

Stronger ties can and should indeed be formed with Russia, not with Vlad
the Belly Licking Baby Bomber though, he is tainted.

>> lets hope for a bit of insanity then !
>
> Given your anti-Putin stance, hoping pro-Putin Le Pen wins and anti-Putin Macron loses is the actual insanity.

And you ? You now support Le Pen because she is allegedly soft on Russia ?
Is your entire life and worldview now based on who supports putin and
who does not ?
Given your pro-Putin stance, hoping pro-Putin Le Pen loses and
anti-Putin Macron wins is the actual hypocrisy.

> It's most likely your bizarre propaganda relativism again. You hate Macron more than you hate Putin so you support Le Pen over Macron though you stand against her on Putin.

Where do you get off that I hate macron ? I think more about my toenail
clippings than I do a french leader, france is nearly as inconsequential
as the UK.
I only posted this threat to point out that you were wrong [again]

Macron is afraid to call putin a war criminal, would not call putins
wholesale [and continuing] murder of civilians genocide, he has no room
to talk.

Anger in Kyiv as Emmanuel Macron refuses to back claims Russia has
carried out genocide in Ukraine

US President Joe Biden said Tuesday Russia was committing genocide
in Ukraine
Mr Macron warned against such language, saying he wanted to
'rebuild peace'
Biden last night approved a £600m package to Ukraine, including
helicopters

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10717077/Anger-Kyiv-Emmanuel-Macron-refuses-claims-Russia-carried-genocide-Ukraine.html

> It's why your propaganda is so easily dismissed as meaningless drivel, easily recognised as the daily outpouring of hate you need to think your life has meaning.

Nice projection, I have no doubt you like all left wingnuts recoil from
truth like a vampire from garlic.
My life has meaning, unlike an unemployed unmarried childless spinster
like you.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220422005829.000013a4@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4421&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4421

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:58:29 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:58 UTC

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:45:55 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Anger in Kyiv as Emmanuel Macron refuses to back claims Russia has
> carried out genocide in Ukraine

Russia hasn't. If it were genocide there wouldn't be Ukrainians coming out of Russian controlled areas; they would all have been genocided.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<UmD8K.624130$LN2.617583@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4437&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4437

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:29:56 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:29 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:45:55 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Anger in Kyiv as Emmanuel Macron refuses to back claims Russia has
>> carried out genocide in Ukraine
>
> Russia hasn't. If it were genocide there wouldn't be Ukrainians coming out of Russian controlled areas; they would all have been genocided.

Mmm hmmm, just as 1,000,000's of JOOS under Nazi control survived just
fine, unholocausted ??

UN definition of "genocide":

"A crime committed with the intent to destroy a national, ethnic, racial
or religious group, in whole or in part."

Seems to me you are no fan of living jews or Ukrainians so likely could
make poor excuses for both being slaughtered wholesale by any despot you
are enamored with.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<t3v26r$ev1$1@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4442&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4442

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:12:11 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:12 UTC

In article <UmD8K.624130$LN2.617583@fx13.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:

>>> Anger in Kyiv as Emmanuel Macron refuses to back claims Russia has
>>> carried out genocide in Ukraine

>> Russia hasn't. If it were genocide there wouldn't be Ukrainians coming
>> out of Russian controlled areas; they would all have been genocided.

> Mmm hmmm, just as 1,000,000's of JOOS under Nazi control survived just
> fine, unholocausted ??

False comparison, and it was not "1,000,000's".

Putin is a brutal murderer, a disgusting and lying propagandist, and a
major war criminal; but (so far at least) he's not nearly as bad as Hitler,
Stalin, Pol Pot. Hitler is unique in this regard, having taken the
*ideological* decision to exterminate entire sub-populations, as well as
butchering huge numbers of other sub-populations, esp. ethnic Poles and
Russians. He is, by far and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history;
no one comes close. Heck, he even managed to cause the deaths of about
7.5 million (non-JOO) Germans, and in his last days regretted that he
didn't get more of them killed, as they all "betrayed" him. He was a
truly unique monster.

> UN definition of "genocide":
>
> "A crime committed with the intent to destroy a national, ethnic, racial
> or religious group, in whole or in part."

I think we've been through this. That makes half the world's nations
guilty of "genocide", I guess. Israel is routinely accused of "genocide",
although the Palestinian population increased five-fold since 1948.

> Seems to me you are no fan of living jews or Ukrainians so likely could
> make poor excuses for both being slaughtered wholesale by any despot you
> are enamored with.

I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be saying
that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220422212410.00002ed8@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4443&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4443

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 21:24:10 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:24 UTC

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:29:56 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:45:55 -0400
> > JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Anger in Kyiv as Emmanuel Macron refuses to back claims Russia has
> >> carried out genocide in Ukraine
> >
> > Russia hasn't. If it were genocide there wouldn't be Ukrainians
> > coming out of Russian controlled areas; they would all have been
> > genocided.
>
> Mmm hmmm, just as 1,000,000's of JOOS under Nazi control survived
> just fine, unholocausted ??

Jews survived because they weren't captured, avoided identification, fled, went into hiding, or by luck survived the brutality of detention by the Nazis.

The Nazis put Jews they captured on trains to the gas chambers and concentration camps. It was a scheme intended to systematically kill them.

Russians are putting Ukrainians, the ones they are said to be committing genocide of, onto buses and taking them to the border where they are handed over to the Ukrainian authorities.

Macron denies it's genocide, Johnson has said it isn't, Biden didn't actually say it was. It's only you and the anti-Putin propagandists who say it is.

And of course Zelensky. But he knows that is not actually true, is only saying it to garner support, weapons and financial support, hoping for NATO military intervention. He knows he's playing to the gallery, playing on emotions.

And it's worth noting that it's Ukraine who are before the ICJ asserting their almost decade long military offensive against the Donbas region does not amount to genocide. Not helped by the interior minister cheering the execution of a local mayor at the hands of Ukrainian fascists, wanting to erradicate all pro-Russian supporters from Ukraine.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<JBE8K.1537$jlbb.428@fx34.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4446&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4446

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:54:01 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:54 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

> Biden didn't actually say it was.

Can't you even do some basic fact checking before posting your
childishly disproven horse shit ?

Biden accuses Putin of committing a 'genocide' in Ukraine

President Biden on Tuesday accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of
committing a "genocide" in Ukraine. The president made the accusation in
a speech at an ethanol fuel plant in Iowa, where he blamed the Russian
invasion for higher gas prices.

"Your family budget, your ability to fill up your tank, none of it
should hinge on whether a dictator declares war and commits genocide a
half a world away," he said.

Asked later what made him use the word "genocide," Biden replied, "Yes,
I called it genocide. It has become clearer and clearer that Putin is
just trying to wipe out the idea of even being — being able to be Ukrainian.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/12/1092460473/biden-appeared-to-accuse-putin-of-committing-a-genocide-in-ukraine

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<1bM8K.6630$6j9b.1848@fx36.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4456&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4456

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:31:40 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 05:31 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:

>>> Russia hasn't. If it were genocide there wouldn't be Ukrainians coming
>>> out of Russian controlled areas; they would all have been genocided.
>
>> Mmm hmmm, just as 1,000,000's of JOOS under Nazi control survived just
>> fine, unholocausted ??
>
> False comparison, and it was not "1,000,000's".
>
> Putin is a brutal murderer, a disgusting and lying propagandist, and a
> major war criminal; but (so far at least) he's not nearly as bad as Hitler,
> Stalin, Pol Pot. Hitler is unique in this regard, having taken the
> *ideological* decision to exterminate entire sub-populations, as well as
> butchering huge numbers of other sub-populations, esp. ethnic Poles and
> Russians. He is, by far and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history;
> no one comes close. Heck, he even managed to cause the deaths of about
> 7.5 million (non-JOO) Germans, and in his last days regretted that he
> didn't get more of them killed, as they all "betrayed" him. He was a
> truly unique monster.

Ok you are very anti Nazi I get it - According to my somewhat renowned
recollection, and contrary to your somewhat hyperbolic declaration, Mao
is the biggest mass murderer in history by orders of magnitude [ask
Alexa !] With Stalin coming in 2nd, and Hitler no slouch coming in 3rd
by most accounts.
Imperial Japan would certainly be in the top 5 [though it can be tough
to lay all those corpses at 1 individuals feet] ,,, And I recall
reading that PolPot is #1 on a per capita basis.

I think even your memory is a bit fucked by you obsessiveness, you got
tunnel vision or maybe you have genuinely assumed all your adult life
that no one comes close to Hitler and never heard otherwise [If I have
to I'll dig for links but you can do that as well or better].

Totals can be spotty granted, for instance do we include forced famine,
purges, disease, rotting away in dungeons ect or just sheer, instant
malice ?

>> UN definition of "genocide":
>>
>> "A crime committed with the intent to destroy a national, ethnic, racial
>> or religious group, in whole or in part."
>
> I think we've been through this. That makes half the world's nations
> guilty of "genocide", I guess. Israel is routinely accused of "genocide",
> although the Palestinian population increased five-fold since 1948.

Don't recall being through this, 1st time I have ever cited the UN for
just about anything, figured it might ring a bell with wingnut hippy and
he couldn't whine about the source at least.
Say what you will, I don't see how any normal person could try to argue
that putin is doing anything else but exterminate any and all opposed to
Soviet rule - And he justifies this labeling those that oppose Soviet
rule as Nazis.

>> Seems to me you are no fan of living jews or Ukrainians so likely could
>> make poor excuses for both being slaughtered wholesale by any despot you
>> are enamored with.
>
> I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
> his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
> he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be saying
> that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.

Hippy has his head so far up putins ass that he could lick putins
nostrils clean from the inside, completely in the tank from start to finish.
Seems to be saying putin is just as bad as other leaders WTF ? Don't
know what you been reading [or smoking] but he is far and wide the
biggest putin dick sucker on the usenet.
You could not find any criticisms of putin from this drugged up jobless
shill to save your life.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<t40n9e$snr$1@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4462&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4462

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:18:06 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:18 UTC

In article <1bM8K.6630$6j9b.1848@fx36.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Loose Cannon wrote:

>> Putin is a brutal murderer, a disgusting and lying propagandist, and a
>> major war criminal; but (so far at least) he's not nearly as bad as Hitler,
>> Stalin, Pol Pot. Hitler is unique in this regard, having taken the
>> *ideological* decision to exterminate entire sub-populations, as well as
>> butchering huge numbers of other sub-populations, esp. ethnic Poles and
>> Russians. He is, by far and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history;
>> no one comes close. Heck, he even managed to cause the deaths of about
>> 7.5 million (non-JOO) Germans, and in his last days regretted that he
>> didn't get more of them killed, as they all "betrayed" him. He was a
>> truly unique monster.

> Ok you are very anti Nazi I get it - According to my somewhat renowned
> recollection, and contrary to your somewhat hyperbolic declaration, Mao
> is the biggest mass murderer in history by orders of magnitude [ask
> Alexa !] With Stalin coming in 2nd, and Hitler no slouch coming in 3rd
> by most accounts.

Fair point re Mao. But I'm not sure; the figures are close. Also

1) Depends who you count. Hitler started WW2. W.r.t victims of
famine, the question is, would any of that happen otherwise?
Famine does kill numerous people, all the time, in many poor
countries, and it was worse then. But I admit to my relative
ignorance about this matter. Also, even if Mao "wins", it's
certainly not by orders of magnitude.

The above is not meant in defense of Mao and Stalin, they were
mass murderers on a huge scale, incredibly evil people.

2) I don't think Stalin comes close to Hitler. BTW both in his
case and Mao's the estimates vary a great deal, you're talking
about nations which were separated from and alienated with the
world, and did not allow access to most of the data.

> Imperial Japan would certainly be in the top 5 [though it can be tough
> to lay all those corpses at 1 individuals feet] ,,, And I recall
> reading that PolPot is #1 on a per capita basis.

Agreed. Pot was perhaps the nuttiest. As I recall reading, they
murdered everyone who was educated, even being familiar with
English could get someone killed. Hitler did "rid" Europe of
JOO scientist (not to mention Fermi who had a JOO wife, and who
was the single most important person in the Manhattan Project),
who could have built him an A-bomb, but he had enough sense not to
kill everyone with a university degree (as much as he generally
despised the better educated).

> I think even your memory is a bit fucked by you obsessiveness, you got
> tunnel vision or maybe you have genuinely assumed all your adult life
> that no one comes close to Hitler and never heard otherwise [If I have
> to I'll dig for links but you can do that as well or better].

I admit to my obsessions, we all have some. You do T(J)OO!

My better obsession, BTW, is this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Debicki

> Totals can be spotty granted, for instance do we include forced famine,
> purges, disease, rotting away in dungeons ect or just sheer, instant
> malice ?

Fair point. In terms of intent and malice, Hitler is still, IMHO,
the worse. And again, who do you add in? What about all the Germans
who died because he refused to surrender, and kept on fighting
with the declared intent of causing the deaths of as many Germans
as possible? The "Nero order" which Speer refused? Have you read
his letter to Hitler re this, BTW?

>>> "A crime committed with the intent to destroy a national, ethnic, racial
>>> or religious group, in whole or in part."

>> I think we've been through this. That makes half the world's nations
>> guilty of "genocide", I guess. Israel is routinely accused of "genocide",
>> although the Palestinian population increased five-fold since 1948.

> Don't recall being through this, 1st time I have ever cited the UN for
> just about anything, figured it might ring a bell with wingnut hippy and
> he couldn't whine about the source at least.

Yes, I know you're no supporter of the UN (neither am I).

> Say what you will, I don't see how any normal person could try to argue
> that putin is doing anything else but exterminate any and all opposed to
> Soviet rule - And he justifies this labeling those that oppose Soviet
> rule as Nazis.

He's a murderer and a dictator who is guilty of major war crimes. But
look at the percentages, at the absolute numbers, at the intent, etc.
He's no Hitler. He *is* a fucked-up murderous little prick and I hope
someone over there puts a bullet in his head -- but a Hitler he is not.

>> I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
>> his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
>> he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be saying
>> that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.

> Hippy has his head so far up putins ass that he could lick putins
> nostrils clean from the inside,

Thanks for the image! :)

> completely in the tank from start to finish.
> Seems to be saying putin is just as bad as other leaders WTF ? Don't
> know what you been reading [or smoking] but he is far and wide the
> biggest putin dick sucker on the usenet.
> You could not find any criticisms of putin from this drugged up jobless
> shill to save your life.

We're talking shades of grey (red?) here. As noted, I totally disagree w/
him re Putin; I just think he is more motivated by his immense hatred of
the West than by genuine respect for the belly-licking, crazy little fuck.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220423133008.00007456@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4463&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4463

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:30:08 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 12:30 UTC

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:12:11 +0000 (UTC)
Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:

> I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
> his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
> he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be
> saying that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.

Entirely correct; I am no fan of Putin.

That I do believe others are more to blame than Putin for the situation we have, doesn't mean I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Putin. Jesse simply cannot comprehend that.

Jesse's problem is he perceives everything in purely black and white terms. One must be 100% for or 100% against; there can be no middle ground, no gray in the spectrum.

And I believe that's because he is cognitively retarded, not just adopting such a position for the purposes of trolling or being argumentative.

For Jesse it means if you don't agree 100% with him you are 100% supporting they guy he is against. And he sincerely and genuinely believes that.

I will admit it always feels quite strange when aligning with UKIP, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins, Le Pen, Victor Orban, and many on the right and far right. This time in respect of their views on Putin, Russia, NATO, Ukraine, the EU, the west, for example -

https://www.ukip.org/ukraine-the-west-is-playing-with-fire

<quote>

What isn't helping the domestic debate is the superimposition of WW2 on to current events. This isn't 1939 and Putin isn't Hitler. All the macho talk of stopping him now before he comes knocking on our door is deeply juvenile stuff.

This conflict pertains exclusively to Ukraine and its position between the great powers. This is unfinished business from 2014. Peace can still be bought at a low price by abandoning NATO and EU expansion. The main barrier is western arrogance.

</quote>

I can't disagree with any of that nor the harsher criticism of NATO, UK, US, EU and the west coming from UKIP.

But none of that means I consider Putin the hero of the hour.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220423152023.00005209@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4466&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4466

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:20:23 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:20 UTC

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:31:40 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Say what you will, I don't see how any normal person could try to
> argue that putin is doing anything else but exterminate any and all
> opposed to Soviet rule

A normal person would ask, if it were genocide, why Russia is allowing those they were supposedly genociding to go free ?

The traditional view of genocide is having the desire for complete eradication of those being genocided. Such as happened in Rwanda where there was a determined campaign to hunt down victims and put them to death.

That is not what is happening in Ukraine.

There is no evidence that Russia is exterminating everyone opposed to 'Soviet rule' in Ukraine. In fact there is verifiable evidence of precisely the opposite; that those opposing 'Soviet rule' are not being exterminated, are being allowed to go free after capture.

Of course, there's the argument that Russia is allowing some they would like to genocide to go free simply to pretend they are not engaged in genocide.

A normal person would recognise that makes it hard, perhaps impossible, to determine if what's happening is actually genocide or isn't.

A normal person would accept there likely have been executions of those opposed to 'Soviet rule', just as there have been executions by Ukrainian fascists of those who support 'Soviet Rule'. But neither proves genocide.

> Hippy has his head so far up putins ass that he could lick putins
> nostrils clean from the inside, completely in the tank from start to
> finish. Seems to be saying putin is just as bad as other leaders WTF
> ? Don't know what you been reading [or smoking] but he is far and
> wide the biggest putin dick sucker on the usenet.
> You could not find any criticisms of putin from this drugged up
> jobless shill to save your life.

And all because I said there was no actual evidence that Putin intended to invade when there wasn't.

Your attempted character assassination and demonisation is laughable, and of course factually wrong.

"He is far and wide the biggest putin dick sucker on the usenet" - Your praise for Putin before you turned against him would give you the entitlement to wear that T-shirt.

Maybe Trump too for his "savvy genius" comments on Putin's invasion of Ukraine if he'd said that on usenet, especially given his past praise for Putin.

I have tried to figure out your 180 on Putin, how your hero became your most reviled target, how your hatred towards "kikes" now has you cheering for one. Your propaganda relativism is hard to fathom until one realises it always comes down to your chosen good guy then everyone else.

It's why you hate blacks but support those blacks who share your anti-black sentiments, why you condemn white race traitors but embrace black ones.

When you supported Trump you supported and praised Putin because Trump did and both had to be protected and defended from attacks from the left.

When it came to Ukraine your support for Ukrainian fascists and their historical homeland means you have to turn on Putin. And because "kike" Zelensky stands against Putin you have set aside your hatred of "JOOS" in this instance.

As soon as Zelensky condemns Ukrainian fascists you will again turn against the "kike".

It likely won't be long before you are praising Putin again, simply because he's against something you hate more than him.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<BtW8K.105626$Kdf.36084@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4467&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4467

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:14:09 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:14 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:12:11 +0000 (UTC)
> Loose Cannon <efbreg73@gmx-x.comm> wrote:
>
>> I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
>> his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
>> he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be
>> saying that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.
>
> Entirely correct; I am no fan of Putin.

Look at hippy boy lapping it up like a 1 eyed, snaggle toothed hooker
who just scored a $25 date behind the dumpster.

Ok, you say its "entirely correct" that you say "Putin is just as bad as
many other leaders" ?

Give me a single example of you saying anything negative about putin,
much less that he is as bad as other leaders.
Dozens of posts per week on the topic, surely there must be 1 ??

You and I know that you can't do it so you will just snip and run or
ignore [as usual] because you are a patronizing, excuse making, dictator
dick sucking shill [much the same when it comes to yellow dong of Xi,
what a shocker !]

[Keep our respective track records of truth and accuracy in mind]

Just within the past 2 days you said:

"Macron wins another term" [FALSE, he didn't]

"Biden never said anything about genocide" [FALSE, he did]

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<G_W8K.611753$7F2.383606@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4468&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4468

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:49:26 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:49 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> In article <1bM8K.6630$6j9b.1848@fx36.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Loose Cannon wrote:
>
>>> Putin is a brutal murderer, a disgusting and lying propagandist, and a
>>> major war criminal; but (so far at least) he's not nearly as bad as Hitler,
>>> Stalin, Pol Pot. Hitler is unique in this regard, having taken the
>>> *ideological* decision to exterminate entire sub-populations, as well as
>>> butchering huge numbers of other sub-populations, esp. ethnic Poles and
>>> Russians. He is, by far and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history;
>>> no one comes close. Heck, he even managed to cause the deaths of about
>>> 7.5 million (non-JOO) Germans, and in his last days regretted that he
>>> didn't get more of them killed, as they all "betrayed" him. He was a
>>> truly unique monster.
>
>> Ok you are very anti Nazi I get it - According to my somewhat renowned
>> recollection, and contrary to your somewhat hyperbolic declaration, Mao
>> is the biggest mass murderer in history by orders of magnitude [ask
>> Alexa !] With Stalin coming in 2nd, and Hitler no slouch coming in 3rd
>> by most accounts.
>
> Fair point re Mao. But I'm not sure; the figures are close. Also

Will revisit thread later to get into some of the other points,
potentially interesting and informative thread.
Am in a rush, lets just say if you google "biggest mass murderer in
history" it is nearly unanimous Mao, and no the figures are not close.
[And I actually tried asking Alexa, she agreed, its Mao by a wide margin]
I have known this for decades but never had a reason to argue the point
as I have never seen anyone dispute it until now.

Hitler may have been a cold blooded despot who
ordered/caused/facilitated mass murder on an industrial scale [I don't
think he personally murdered anyone, so technically is not a murderer],
but in sheer body count he falls way behind the communist despots.

Who was the biggest mass murderer in the history of the world? Most
people probably assume that the answer is Adolf Hitler, architect of the
Holocaust. Others might guess Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, who may
indeed have managed to kill even more innocent people than Hitler did,
many of them as part of a terror famine that likely took more lives than
the Holocaust. But both Hitler and Stalin were outdone by Mao Zedong.
From 1958 to 1962, his Great Leap Forward policy led to the deaths of
up to 45 million people – easily making it the biggest episode of mass
murder ever recorded.
[goes into details]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/08/03/giving-historys-greatest-mass-murderer-his-due/

Here is another, many more details by a guy who has apparently devoted a
great deal of research on the topic, and includes his theory why
communist mass murders are downplayed and ignored

"But an even bigger factor in our relative neglect of the Great Leap
Forward is that it is part of the general tendency to downplay crimes
committed by communist regimes, as opposed to right-wing authoritarians.
Unlike in the days of Mao, today very few western intellectuals actually
sympathize with communism. But many are reluctant to fully accept what a
great evil it was, fearful—perhaps—that other left-wing causes might be
tainted by association."

https://fee.org/articles/who-was-the-biggest-mass-murderer-in-history/

Ah ha !
So, while the taint that caused National Socialism and the extreme
nationalism of Imperial Japan has long ago been rejected, illegalized
and stamped out by their respective originators and others, the
murderous taint of Red China and Soviet Russia is alive and well, a
continuous pedigree from then till now, and even admired and copied
[currently by an idealistic clique of nation wreckers in the USA]

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<t41k5r$hjv$1@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4469&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4469

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:31:07 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:31 UTC

In article <G_W8K.611753$7F2.383606@fx12.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

[informative sources about Mao]

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, and I have no problem admitting to it.

I made a rough estimate of victims in Europe during WW2, and came up
with more than 30 million. I relied on my memory, which was lower
than that for Mao, and I realize I was probably in error. I still
wonder about the famine losses -- were they 100% intentional? Further:

"In 1958, he launched the Great Leap Forward that aimed to rapidly
transform China's economy from agrarian to industrial, which led to
the deadliest famine in history and the deaths of 15-55[!!] million
people between 1958 and 1962": that's a HUGE range of uncertainty.

OTOH, re Hitler, I agree that my counting method is susceptible
to criticism, since:

1) I also count soldiers killed in battle. One may claim that they
were not "murdered", but Hitler did directly cause their death.

2) I count Germans -- for the same reason.

[...]

> So, while the taint that caused National Socialism and the extreme
> nationalism of Imperial Japan has long ago been rejected, illegalized
> and stamped out by their respective originators and others, the
> murderous taint of Red China and Soviet Russia is alive and well, a
> continuous pedigree from then till now, and even admired and copied
> [currently by an idealistic clique of nation wreckers in the USA]

I'm no fan of the Left and PC insanity, but I think you're going too
far. "admired and copied"? By who? And BTW even the average guy in
the street is well-aware of the crimes of Stalin and Mao, maybe not
in the same level as with Nazi crimes, but simply because we are
far closer, in all aspects, to Europe, and also because these crimes
were exposed and studied in length.

PS: one wonders what the ranking would have been, had Hitler won
the war. He would have, in all probability, taken the first place.
An interesting document describes a planned sixth crematorium in
Auschwitz: an "offene Verbrennungskammer", measuring 49 x 4 m
("Anatomy of the Auschwitz Death Camp", p. 175-6). Perhaps he
would not have murdered *all* Poles and Soviets -- they planned
to use them as slaves -- but certainly a huge number would have
been killed. It's the inevitable result of considering people
to be "sub-humans", "human animals", etc. As Hans Frank wrote:

"Once we have won the war then for all I care mincemeat can be
made of the Poles and Ukrainians and all others who run around here."

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220423203556.00006643@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4470&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4470

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 20:35:56 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 19:35 UTC

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:54:01 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>

> > Biden didn't actually say it was.
> >

> Can't you even do some basic fact checking before posting your
> childishly disproven horse shit ?

"And we'll let the lawyers decide internationally whether or not it qualifies, but it sure seems that way to me."

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<20220423230224.0000419f@ntlworld.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4471&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4471

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 23:02:24 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 22:02 UTC

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:14:09 -0400
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Give me a single example of you saying anything negative about putin

I did think there might not be any as I couldn't think of many times I would have even mentioned Putin rather than Russia.

But turns out I have criticised Putin, have said negative things about him.

I'm not providing any links because it's going to be more enjoyable to have you ranting that I'm lying while knowing I can post proof at any time of my choosing. Go as nutso as you want.

Besides, it's your claim I haven't so it's up to you to prove your claim. Good luck with that.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<Y429K.108421$Kdf.69465@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4472&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4472

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 21:53:59 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 01:53 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> In article <G_W8K.611753$7F2.383606@fx12.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
> [informative sources about Mao]
>
> If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, and I have no problem admitting to it.

Well, you are wrong.
It is simply not factually correct to state that "[Hitler] is, by far
and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history"

> I made a rough estimate of victims in Europe during WW2, and came up
> with more than 30 million. I relied on my memory, which was lower
> than that for Mao, and I realize I was probably in error. I still
> wonder about the famine losses -- were they 100% intentional? Further:

The famines induced by Stain & Mao, 100% intentional.
Think about it, why would 1,000,000's of citizens of a renowned fertile,
breadbasket country like Ukraine be reduced to famine, unless ,,,,

> "In 1958, he launched the Great Leap Forward that aimed to rapidly
> transform China's economy from agrarian to industrial, which led to
> the deadliest famine in history and the deaths of 15-55[!!] million
> people between 1958 and 1962": that's a HUGE range of uncertainty.

It is, 15,000,000 is by far the lowest estimate I have ever heard.

> OTOH, re Hitler, I agree that my counting method is susceptible
> to criticism, since:
>
> 1) I also count soldiers killed in battle. One may claim that they
> were not "murdered", but Hitler did directly cause their death.
>
> 2) I count Germans -- for the same reason.

Well, can be a reasonable tally so long as you use the same criteria for
others - But I would not go so far as to count the 100,000's if not
1,000,000's of Germans killed by Allied bombings as Hitlers doing, that
is as ludicrous as blaming the 10,000's of Allied lives lost in the air
over Europe on Roosevelt.

> [...]
>
>> So, while the taint that caused National Socialism and the extreme
>> nationalism of Imperial Japan has long ago been rejected, illegalized
>> and stamped out by their respective originators and others, the
>> murderous taint of Red China and Soviet Russia is alive and well, a
>> continuous pedigree from then till now, and even admired and copied
>> [currently by an idealistic clique of nation wreckers in the USA]
>
> I'm no fan of the Left and PC insanity, but I think you're going too
> far. "admired and copied"? By who? And BTW even the average guy in
> the street is well-aware of the crimes of Stalin and Mao, maybe not
> in the same level as with Nazi crimes, but simply because we are
> far closer, in all aspects, to Europe, and also because these crimes
> were exposed and studied in length.

To expansive of a topic to go in depth, many of the leftists in the
power structure today express admiration and inspiration from
marxism/communism ,, Hell, many of them call themselves marxist and
socialists - Leaders of "BLM" for instance, who are 100% sponsored by
the DNC.
If you are not aware of this I'm surprised, especially in view of your
recent anti race theory postings.

Also, I do not agree in the least that the average guy in the street
knows all about Stalin and Mao, I think the opposite is true.

> PS: one wonders what the ranking would have been,

Not too much into what-ifs.
I will say that if Hitler had won we would not have large 3rd world
cesspools in every European nation and city, would not have 10x more
mosques than churches, and would not have 1,000,000's of muslims and
blacks breeding a whole new alien species in Europe.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<bU49K.612442$mF2.442846@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4473&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4473

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 01:05:11 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 05:05 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
To continue ,,,

> I admit to my obsessions, we all have some. You do T(J)OO!

I admit to no such thing.
Haven't posted in the JOO group for months, only a handful of times in
years. Don't think much about JOOS, they are like a hidden cancer out of
sight out of mind until the symptoms manifest.
Even the JOO thing I do just to yank chains, and I see it has worked.
Far from any obsession as I know and define the word, and far from your
undoubted, admitted obsession.

> My better obsession, BTW, is this one:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Debicki

Ok she looks alright, better than Angie Dickyson I reckon.

>> Totals can be spotty granted, for instance do we include forced famine,
>> purges, disease, rotting away in dungeons ect or just sheer, instant
>> malice ?
>
> Fair point. In terms of intent and malice, Hitler is still, IMHO,
> the worse. And again, who do you add in? What about all the Germans
> who died because he refused to surrender, and kept on fighting
> with the declared intent of causing the deaths of as many Germans
> as possible? The "Nero order" which Speer refused? Have you read
> his letter to Hitler re this, BTW?

Refused to surrender hmm, who do you blame for the deaths at the Alamo
then ??

Really, there have been plenty of commanders who ordered troops to fight
until death with no real prospect of victory.
MacArthur ordered the Bataan army to fight until the last man, until the
entire command was destroyed. They fought valiantly and longer than
anyone had thought possible [especially in view of the epic and very
quick British defeats in the same region by the same enemy], but
eventually surrendered.
He countermanded the surrender but it had no effect, they were done.

Upon being ordered to Australia, he ordered Wainwright to fight for
Corregidor til the last man. Once again, they fought bravely but he
eventually surrendered, Macarthur countermanded that as well, also to no
effect.
Poor Wainwright, "Old Skinny" got real skinny under 5 years of Jap
captivity. He survived though, and was certain that he was going to be
court martialed for surrendering, but returned home to a heros welcome.

That is one case out of many, we have seen many fight to the death
orders issued on our own land, and we have also practiced scorched earth
warfare.
have you ever studied any Napoleonic campaigns ? Sheer brutality, parts
of armies routinely sacrificed to advance others, scorched earth big
time on all sides, towns razed to the ground, swaths of death and
devastation 100's of miles long, 1,000,000's dead, many in unfathomably
agonizing fashion before the dawn of modern medicine.

So I'm not seeing the glaring uniqueness of Hitlers actions in the last
days and weeks that you see and, once again, I think it is only because
it has been dissected so much, is relatively recent, and he quickly
turned into the easiest man to demonize until this very day that you and
many others see things as utterly horrible and unique when in reality
they are not, so much so.

>>> I think we've been through this. That makes half the world's nations
>>> guilty of "genocide", I guess. Israel is routinely accused of "genocide",
>>> although the Palestinian population increased five-fold since 1948.
>
>> Don't recall being through this, 1st time I have ever cited the UN for
>> just about anything, figured it might ring a bell with wingnut hippy and
>> he couldn't whine about the source at least.
>
> Yes, I know you're no supporter of the UN (neither am I).

Well, I think putin is clearly intent on AT LEAST detroying a national
group in whole or part, thereby qualifying under UN definition as
genocide - And I do think your argument can be used to defend Nazis,
since many many JOOS under German control survived.

>> Say what you will, I don't see how any normal person could try to argue
>> that putin is doing anything else but exterminate any and all opposed to
>> Soviet rule - And he justifies this labeling those that oppose Soviet
>> rule as Nazis.
>
> He's a murderer and a dictator who is guilty of major war crimes. But
> look at the percentages, at the absolute numbers, at the intent, etc.
> He's no Hitler. He *is* a fucked-up murderous little prick and I hope
> someone over there puts a bullet in his head -- but a Hitler he is not.

No, hes no Hitler and I never said he was, though his methods and style
certainly pay homage to him, and I think that he is a not so secret [and
obsessive] admirer - Projecting in one of the main hallmarks of a
Bolshevik.
Dippy is the one making pell mell Nazi comparisons, with NATO as his Nazis.
Putin does have the prospect of becoming the largest mass murderer in
history though, and at the push of a button. This could well be some
kind of allure to a sick, butthurt mind like his - And hippy is
consonantly harping how we are giving him no choice but to nuke the
planet since we won't let him have an easy win in Ukraine.

>>> I don't think Hippy is enamored with Putin. He is IMHO quite wrong in
>>> his assessment of the blame for what's happening in the Ukraine, and
>>> he's obviously very biased against the West, but he seems to be saying
>>> that Putin is just as bad as many other leaders.
>
>> Hippy has his head so far up putins ass that he could lick putins
>> nostrils clean from the inside,
>
> Thanks for the image! :)
>
>> completely in the tank from start to finish.
>> Seems to be saying putin is just as bad as other leaders WTF ? Don't
>> know what you been reading [or smoking] but he is far and wide the
>> biggest putin dick sucker on the usenet.
>> You could not find any criticisms of putin from this drugged up jobless
>> shill to save your life.
>
> We're talking shades of grey (red?) here. As noted, I totally disagree w/
> him re Putin; I just think he is more motivated by his immense hatred of
> the West than by genuine respect for the belly-licking, crazy little fuck.

To a degree yes, he will and has taken the side of anyone opposed to the
USA including any post 1945 dictator you care to mention - But none more
so that putin and xi.
But by all means, if you unlike hippy care to provide any proof of what
you say, I'd like to see where he has said anything anytime even
slightly critical of putin, granted I hardly read all of his rants and
sometimes don't see any for months on end ,, So basically, what do you
base you impression that "hippy thinks putin is as bad as other leaders"
on, must be something besides a lark that we could have such opposite
impressions ?

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<t431rl$grt$1@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4474&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4474

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:30:45 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <Y429K.108421$Kdf.69465@fx96.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Loose Cannon wrote:

>> If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, and I have no problem admitting to it.

> Well, you are wrong.
> It is simply not factually correct to state that "[Hitler] is, by far
> and wide, the biggest mass murderer in history"

Yes, perhaps I was wrong, and he is in second place.

Still, the 1958-61 famine is very, very different from what Hitler
did. It was not, by a long shot, Mao waking up one day and deciding
to murder untold millions, because they are "sub-human" etc., as
Hitler did. And there's that HUGE range of uncertainty in the number
of victims.

>> I made a rough estimate of victims in Europe during WW2, and came up
>> with more than 30 million. I relied on my memory, which was lower
>> than that for Mao, and I realize I was probably in error. I still
>> wonder about the famine losses -- were they 100% intentional? Further:

> The famines induced by Stain & Mao, 100% intentional.

That's not clear.

> Think about it, why would 1,000,000's of citizens of a renowned fertile,
> breadbasket country like Ukraine be reduced to famine, unless ,,,,

Because a brutal idiot -- who, indeed, didn't care much whether
they died -- made stupid decisions. That seems to be the case,
partially at least, for both Stalin and Mao. "Hmm, yes, we have
to implement the revolution, perhaps a few million will die, what
to do. Oh wait, 20 million died!? Well, WTF, it's less than
one percent".

Both Mao and Stalin were heartless mass murderers, but again, Hitler
was different. Anyway, I'm not too interested in ranking them.

>> OTOH, re Hitler, I agree that my counting method is susceptible
>> to criticism, since:
>>
>> 1) I also count soldiers killed in battle. One may claim that they
>> were not "murdered", but Hitler did directly cause their death.
>>
>> 2) I count Germans -- for the same reason.

> Well, can be a reasonable tally so long as you use the same criteria for
> others - But I would not go so far as to count the 100,000's if not
> 1,000,000's of Germans killed by Allied bombings as Hitlers doing,

It was about 500,000. Even that POS David Irving admitted -- long
ago -- that many of the estimates floating around were wild
exaggerations, esp. Dresden, reduced to max 35,000.

And how to divide the blame? A mad murderer initiates a brutal
war, and refuses to surrender even when it's obvious he's going
to lose. And he tells everybody that he's happy that Germans
are dying, because they "betrayed" him, because they don't
have the right to live, and because anyway only the "inferior"
ones are still alive, the better ones having already died in
battle. Is he guilty of their deaths or not?

> that is as ludicrous as blaming the 10,000's of Allied lives lost in
> the air over Europe on Roosevelt.

No it's not. Hitler started the war, plus, see above para.

[...]

>> I'm no fan of the Left and PC insanity, but I think you're going too
>> far. "admired and copied"? By who? And BTW even the average guy in
>> the street is well-aware of the crimes of Stalin and Mao, maybe not
>> in the same level as with Nazi crimes, but simply because we are
>> far closer, in all aspects, to Europe, and also because these crimes
>> were exposed and studied in length.

> To expansive of a topic to go in depth, many of the leftists in the
> power structure today express admiration and inspiration from
> marxism/communism ,, Hell, many of them call themselves marxist and
> socialists - Leaders of "BLM" for instance, who are 100% sponsored by
> the DNC.

Socialists I am aware of, and I'm no fan of Socialism, but then
there is Maoism at one end of the spectrum, and the Sweden etc.
model at the other end.

I guess some of the Left nutjobs are Maoists/whatever, I just don't
think that they are major players, the most are not *that* crazy.

> If you are not aware of this I'm surprised, especially in view of
> your recent anti race theory postings.

I do despise PC, CRT, BLM and all that insane garbage. And it's
not helping anyone, incl. Blacks. "Oh, math is difficult for
you? It's not your fault. It's because of the Evil White Men who
invented it. Here, we will teach you the good math, which
is the right one, and which was invented in Africa". And the
soft hand on crime, "understanding" criminals, defunding the
Police (much good that has done, huh?), etc... fucking SOBs,
fuck 'em. And the Left *is* guilty in approving of this, and
I *do* hope and pray for a Republican victory in 2024.

> Also, I do not agree in the least that the average guy in the street
> knows all about Stalin and Mao, I think the opposite is true.

I think they know less than about Hitler, but much of it is due
to the reasons I mentioned, not some conspiracy. I wonder how
much the average Chinese guy knows about WW2 in Europe.

>> PS: one wonders what the ranking would have been,

> Not too much into what-ifs.
> I will say that if Hitler had won we would not have large 3rd world
> cesspools in every European nation and city, would not have 10x more
> mosques than churches, and would not have 1,000,000's of muslims and
> blacks breeding a whole new alien species in Europe.

That's probably true. And far less Poles, Soviets, and who knows
who else? Hitler would not have stopped murdering people, I'm
quite certain of that. Why the fuck would have someone bothered
to design that huge corpse incinerator in Auschwitz, which I mentioned,
at a time when the majority of Jews were already up in smoke? Bigger
fish to fry, pardon the pun.

And then you have the Germans. Do you think he'd have settled for
murdering the retarded and insane? He would have raised the bar,
killing the next level, perhaps "IQ less than 95 and/or less
than 5'6 and/or black hair", something like that, with a few
exceptions like Goebbels (I guess!?).

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<t4346m$grt$2@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4475&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4475

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 09:10:46 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Roman the demented illiterate Grik Foreskin PEELER)
 by: Loose Cannon - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 09:10 UTC

In article <bU49K.612442$mF2.442846@fx11.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> Loose Cannon wrote:

>> I admit to my obsessions, we all have some. You do T(J)OO!

> I admit to no such thing.

OK, so you don't admit to it.

> Haven't posted in the JOO group for months, only a handful of times in
> years. Don't think much about JOOS,

Oh really now.

> they are like a hidden cancer out of sight out of mind until the symptoms
> manifest. Even the JOO thing I do just to yank chains, and I see it has
> worked. Far from any obsession as I know and define the word, and far from
> your undoubted, admitted obsession.

Whatever. It's simply not worth the time and effort to go into this again.

>> My better obsession, BTW, is this one:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Debicki

> Ok she looks alright,

As long as we can agree about the important things...

> better than Angie Dickyson I reckon.

Yo, don't say that to Uncle Junior Soprano!

> Refused to surrender hmm, who do you blame for the deaths at the Alamo
> then ??

Soldiers, not civilians; same for the other examples you mention.
And I'm talking about a war which was, in 100% certainty, lost; see
prev. post. Hitler *wanted* the Germans to die. It was a revenge/
ideological thing:

"If the war is lost, the nation will also perish. This fate
is inevitable. There is no necessity to take into consideration the
basis for which the people will need to continue a most primitive
existence. On the contrary, it will be better to destroy these things
ourselves because this nation will have proved to be the weaker one
and the future will belong solely to the stronger eastern nation
Besides, those who will remain after the battle are only the inferior
ones, for the good ones have been killed."

"If the German people are no longer so strong and ready
for sacrifice that that they will stake their own blood on their
existence, they deserve to pass away and be annihilated by another,
stronger power".

And more. So while there is much truth in what you posted, he was,
IMHO, unique.

[...]

> Well, I think putin is clearly intent on AT LEAST detroying a national
> group in whole or part, thereby qualifying under UN definition as
> genocide - And I do think your argument can be used to defend Nazis,
> since many many JOOS under German control survived.

I don't really give a rat's ass about the UN and its definitions.

"many many JOOS under German control survived":

1) Hardly "many many", far more were murdered. Those who survived
did because the Nazis didn't have the time to kill them, because
they hid or fled, and because of the Himmler effort to save his neck
(I recently commented about that).

2) It's a question of percentages, of numbers, and of intent.
In all these respects, Putin, bad as he is, does not match up
with Hitler.

[...]

>> We're talking shades of grey (red?) here. As noted, I totally disagree w/
>> him re Putin; I just think he is more motivated by his immense hatred of
>> the West than by genuine respect for the belly-licking, crazy little fuck.

> To a degree yes, he will and has taken the side of anyone opposed to the
> USA including any post 1945 dictator you care to mention - But none more
> so that putin and xi.
> But by all means, if you unlike hippy care to provide any proof of what
> you say, I'd like to see where he has said anything anytime even
> slightly critical of putin, granted I hardly read all of his rants and
> sometimes don't see any for months on end ,, So basically, what do you
> base you impression that "hippy thinks putin is as bad as other leaders"
> on, must be something besides a lark that we could have such opposite
> impressions ?

I'll settle for disagreeing with Hippy about most issues, and pointing
out his anti-West bias, and his immense hatred of "White America",
which I find abhorrent and racist. He now seems to also refer to all
Tories as "scum" (at least that's what I recall). And then there was
the comment about Barron Trump. But one cannot spend *all* one's days
fighting with people; I concentrate on the (far, far worse) old nazoid
paedo Andrzej. Good news is that his daily posting periods are on the
decline; I hope and pray he's dying from some really nasty, painful
cancer.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<vye9K.772500$oF2.519310@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4478&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4478

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 12:04:43 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:04 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 13:14:09 -0400
> JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Give me a single example of you saying anything negative about putin
>
> I did think there might not be any

Obviously, because there isn't, you mumbling tard.

Re: Macron, Le Pen square off for decisive debate as vote looms

<chf9K.109436$Kdf.30791@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4481&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4481

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 12:54:31 -0400
 by: JeSSe - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:54 UTC

Loose Cannon wrote:
> In article <bU49K.612442$mF2.442846@fx11.iad>, JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:
>
>> Loose Cannon wrote:
>
>>> I admit to my obsessions, we all have some. You do T(J)OO!
>
>> I admit to no such thing.
>
> OK, so you don't admit to it.
>
>> Haven't posted in the JOO group for months, only a handful of times in
>> years. Don't think much about JOOS,
>
> Oh really now.
>
>> they are like a hidden cancer out of sight out of mind until the symptoms
>> manifest. Even the JOO thing I do just to yank chains, and I see it has
>> worked. Far from any obsession as I know and define the word, and far from
>> your undoubted, admitted obsession.
>
> Whatever. It's simply not worth the time and effort to go into this again.

Not much effort is required.
If you think I am obsessed, since you don't know me personally then it
must be based on what I have posted in this group.
I don't recall saying much of anything about jews here or anywhere else
recently, what I do say is in reply to YOU bringing the topic up.
So yeah excuse me for requiring proof for allegations but if you have
none, by all means let it rest.

>> Refused to surrender hmm, who do you blame for the deaths at the Alamo
>> then ??
>
> Soldiers, not civilians; same for the other examples you mention.
> And I'm talking about a war which was, in 100% certainty, lost; see
> prev. post. Hitler *wanted* the Germans to die. It was a revenge/
> ideological thing:
>
> "If the war is lost, the nation will also perish. This fate
> is inevitable. There is no necessity to take into consideration the
> basis for which the people will need to continue a most primitive
> existence. On the contrary, it will be better to destroy these things
> ourselves because this nation will have proved to be the weaker one
> and the future will belong solely to the stronger eastern nation
> Besides, those who will remain after the battle are only the inferior
> ones, for the good ones have been killed."
>
> "If the German people are no longer so strong and ready
> for sacrifice that that they will stake their own blood on their
> existence, they deserve to pass away and be annihilated by another,
> stronger power".
>
> And more. So while there is much truth in what you posted, he was,
> IMHO, unique.

So you really thought Hitler should have said Ok, thats enough, I give
up. Come in and occupy my country, destroy my party, hang me and all my
associates, occupy my land for years maybe decades, and all that without
a fight ! ??

> [...]
>
>> Well, I think putin is clearly intent on AT LEAST detroying a national
>> group in whole or part, thereby qualifying under UN definition as
>> genocide - And I do think your argument can be used to defend Nazis,
>> since many many JOOS under German control survived.
>
> I don't really give a rat's ass about the UN and its definitions.

Ok, UN is a long established operative power of sorts in these
situations, so is there a different definition of genocide that you
adhere to, or you just make up your own as you go ?

I quoted it because it is widely accepted by most and it actually makes
some sense. You don't have to slaughter a particular group down to the
last man, woman and child to be guilty of genocide [though I suppose it
more accurately could be called "attempted genocide"] - And thus hippys
musing that "There are still many alive, Russians let them escape" is
not any more valid than "lots of jews under German control survived the war"
They are either both right or both wrong.