From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Scared of nukes and World War III
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:46:46 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:46 UTC

https://www.rferl.org/a/breedlove-nuclear-fears-west-deterred/31791020.html

<quotes>

A former top NATO commander has said Western fears "about nuclear weapons and World War III" have left it "fully deterred" and Vladimir Putin "completely undeterred" as the Russian leader pursues his increasingly brutal invasion of Ukraine.

"We have ceded the initiative to the enemy," Philip Breedlove told RFE/RL's Georgian Service in a recent interview.

Breedlove is a retired four-star U.S. Air Force general who led U.S. forces in Europe and served as NATO's supreme allied commander from 2013 to 2016.

</quotes>

He is of course entirely correct; we do fear nukes and World War III.

I wouldn't however say those are irrational fears, fears which shouldn't be held. It does however provide an insight into the minds of those who have dragged us into the current predicament.

"We must embrace death in order to win" is not something I have ever agreed with.