From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Abandoned in France
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:14:48 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:14 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61178099

<quotes>

A disabled teenager and his grandparents have been waiting in Paris for more than six weeks while their UK asylum application is processed.

EU countries are allowing Ukrainian refugees in for up to three years without a visa and more than four million people have fled to neighbouring countries since the Russian invasion.

As of Monday 18 April, just 21,600 Ukrainians had arrived in the UK, according to figures from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities and the Home Office.

</quotes>

If we keep this rate up it's going to take 14 months to bring in the number the lying serial liar said we could take. "Could" take, not necessarily will.

I think the reason Patel is so determined to keep Ukrainians out, wants to encourage them to go elsewhere, to be someone else's problem, is because she's figured out, if we let them in, we won't be able to turf them out when they have nowhere to go back to.

And once they are here the number could easily double or triple as their relatives become entitled to join them.

She's not looking at it from a humanitarian perspective, merely as a long term immigration problem.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Abandoned in France