From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Traffic
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 16:02:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 16:02 UTC

We motored up to Yorkshire last week from the South coast.
At the Dartford tunnel crossing at about 11am there were no traffic delays.
The first time I have known that, we just drove straight through without
stopping.
The rest of the journey was a breeze, the amount of traffic on the roads was
very light. Plenty of commercial stuff, although that was less than usual, and
a noticeable reduction in the number of private cars on the road. We've done
this journey a number of times pre plague etc. so I know what it's normally
like.
The return journey a week later was equally stress free.

One downside of the week, I got caught by a mobile speed camera doing 36mph in
a 30 zone whilst looking for the Hewenden Viaduct. My fault entirely, not
paying enough attention.
--
This is not the signature you are looking for.
You can go about your business

Re: Traffic

<taus3n$3e4rv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4503&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4503

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Traffic
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 18:21:58 +0100
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 17:21 UTC

Ray formulated on Saturday :

> The rest of the journey was a breeze, the amount of traffic on the roads was
> very light. Plenty of commercial stuff, although that was less than usual,
> and a noticeable reduction in the number of private cars on the road. We've
> done this journey a number of times pre plague etc. so I know what it's
> normally like.

It is generally quiet in Yorkshire at the moment, maybe due to the
holidays.

Re: Traffic

<tb0l43$3n524$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4506&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4506

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 09:34:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 09:34 UTC

On 16 Jul 2022 at 18:21:58 BST, "Harry Bloomfield Esq" <a@harrym1byt.plus.com>
wrote:

> Ray formulated on Saturday :
>
>> The rest of the journey was a breeze, the amount of traffic on the roads was
>> very light. Plenty of commercial stuff, although that was less than usual,
>> and a noticeable reduction in the number of private cars on the road. We've
>> done this journey a number of times pre plague etc. so I know what it's
>> normally like.
>
> It is generally quiet in Yorkshire at the moment, maybe due to the
> holidays.

We used the M11 and A1, both unusually quiet. From the M62 junction on towards
Bradford it was much busier.
--
This is not the signature you are looking for.
You can go about your business
Move along

Re: Traffic

<tb0n1s$3n8qm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4507&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4507

From: noreply4...@yahoo.co.uk (Jack Harry Teesdale)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 11:07:56 +0100
 by: Jack Harry Teesdale - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:07 UTC

On 16/07/2022 17:02, Ray wrote:
> We motored up to Yorkshire last week from the South coast.
> At the Dartford tunnel crossing at about 11am there were no traffic delays.
> The first time I have known that, we just drove straight through without
> stopping.
> The rest of the journey was a breeze, the amount of traffic on the roads was
> very light. Plenty of commercial stuff, although that was less than usual, and
> a noticeable reduction in the number of private cars on the road. We've done
> this journey a number of times pre plague etc. so I know what it's normally
> like.
> The return journey a week later was equally stress free.
>
> One downside of the week, I got caught by a mobile speed camera doing 36mph in
> a 30 zone whilst looking for the Hewenden Viaduct. My fault entirely, not
> paying enough attention.

The price of fuel seems to be having an effect generally around the country.

Non-essential journeys in particular.