Fain would I climb, yet fear I to fall. -- Sir Walter Raleigh

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Service NSW Facebook block

SubjectAuthor
* Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
| +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
| +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
| `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSarah Tonen
|  `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|   +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|   `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockNoodle
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockDechucka
|`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockJames Last plays in Miami
|`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
| `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockF Murtz
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  |+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMax
|  ||`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  || `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPetzl
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|   `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|    +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|    `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|     +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|     |`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|     | `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|     `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPetzl
|      `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
+- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
+- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSarah Tonen
`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
 `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMax
  `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else

Pages:12
Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip077jFofukU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2954&group=aus.legal#2954

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Service NSW Facebook block
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:46:27 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 01:46 UTC

> Now we have been told Service NSW unable to reach 39,500 residents
> whose data was compromised in hack. Does that mean all info given for
> "Covid Safe App" has fallen into criminal hands?

No, that was a hack from a while back that had nothing to do with the
Covid Safe App.

At the moment, the only people able to abuse the Covid Save data are the
government.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip07l6Foio4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2955&group=aus.legal#2955

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:53:41 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 01:53 UTC

On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 21/8/21 1:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

>>> So what did you want to post about?
>>>

>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>> asking when the government would legislate so that information
>> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
>> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>
>> Sylvia.
> and can it or is it?

Just yesterday, a new direction was issued:

<https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-421.pdf>

"17 Use and disclosure of information

To avoid any doubt, it is directed that contact details provided under
clause 15 are to be used or disclosed only for the purposes of contact
tracing during the COVID-19 pandemic."

However, this is a direction under the Public Health Act. It's
questionable whether it's even within the power granted by the Act,
since it has nothing to do with health.

In any case, all directions are subject to a reasonable excuse
exception, and "lawfully acquired under another act" would surely be a
reasonable excuse.

It's just a whitewash.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip08trFomeuU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2956&group=aus.legal#2956

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:15:03 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:15 UTC

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:53:41 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

> On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:

> >> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
> >> asking when the government would legislate so that information
> >> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
> >> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
> >>
> >> Sylvia.
> > and can it or is it?
>
> Just yesterday, a new direction was issued:
>
> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-421.pdf>
>
> "17 Use and disclosure of information
>
> To avoid any doubt, it is directed that contact details provided
> under clause 15 are to be used or disclosed only for the purposes of
> contact tracing during the COVID-19 pandemic."
>
> However, this is a direction under the Public Health Act. It's
> questionable whether it's even within the power granted by the Act,
> since it has nothing to do with health.
>
> In any case, all directions are subject to a reasonable excuse
> exception, and "lawfully acquired under another act" would surely be
> a reasonable excuse.
>
> It's just a whitewash.
>
> Sylvia.

Does it matter? Not worth getting you knockers in a knot about, surely.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip097lFomeuU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2957&group=aus.legal#2957

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:20:36 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:20 UTC

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:15:03 -0000, Mountain Magpie posted:-

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:53:41 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

> > > and can it or is it?
> >
> > Just yesterday, a new direction was issued:
> >
> > <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-421.pdf>
> >
> > "17 Use and disclosure of information
> >
> > To avoid any doubt, it is directed that contact details provided
> > under clause 15 are to be used or disclosed only for the purposes of
> > contact tracing during the COVID-19 pandemic."
> >
> > However, this is a direction under the Public Health Act. It's
> > questionable whether it's even within the power granted by the Act,
> > since it has nothing to do with health.
> >
> > In any case, all directions are subject to a reasonable excuse
> > exception, and "lawfully acquired under another act" would surely be
> > a reasonable excuse.
> >
> > It's just a whitewash.
> >
> > Sylvia.
>
> Does it matter? Not worth getting you knockers in a knot about,
> surely.

Or your knickers LOL

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip0af4Fp1j0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2959&group=aus.legal#2959

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:41:40 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:41 UTC

On 29-Aug-21 12:15 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:53:41 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

>>> and can it or is it?
>>
>> Just yesterday, a new direction was issued:
>>
>> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-421.pdf>
>>
>> "17 Use and disclosure of information
>>
>> To avoid any doubt, it is directed that contact details provided
>> under clause 15 are to be used or disclosed only for the purposes of
>> contact tracing during the COVID-19 pandemic."
>>
>> However, this is a direction under the Public Health Act. It's
>> questionable whether it's even within the power granted by the Act,
>> since it has nothing to do with health.
>>
>> In any case, all directions are subject to a reasonable excuse
>> exception, and "lawfully acquired under another act" would surely be
>> a reasonable excuse.
>>
>> It's just a whitewash.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Does it matter? Not worth getting you knockers in a knot about, surely.

Government agencies get a taste for using personal information. Our
privacy is constantly being whittled away. People like you help that
process along with their casual indifference.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip0bjvFp7eoU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2960&group=aus.legal#2960

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 03:01:11 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 03:01 UTC

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:41:40 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

> On 29-Aug-21 12:15 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:

> >> Just yesterday, a new direction was issued:
> >>
> >> <https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-421.pdf>
> >>
> >> "17 Use and disclosure of information
> >>
> >> To avoid any doubt, it is directed that contact details provided
> >> under clause 15 are to be used or disclosed only for the purposes
> >> of contact tracing during the COVID-19 pandemic."
> >>
> >> However, this is a direction under the Public Health Act. It's
> >> questionable whether it's even within the power granted by the Act,
> >> since it has nothing to do with health.
> >>
> >> In any case, all directions are subject to a reasonable excuse
> >> exception, and "lawfully acquired under another act" would surely
> >> be a reasonable excuse.
> >>
> >> It's just a whitewash.
> >>
> >> Sylvia.
> >
> > Does it matter? Not worth getting you knockers in a knot about,
> > surely.
> >

> Government agencies get a taste for using personal information. Our
> privacy is constantly being whittled away. People like you help that
> process along with their casual indifference.
>
> Sylvia.

We have no privacy, best you face facts.

Google/Fakebook etc know more about us than we know ourselves.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<01d883be-19bc-4386-a3c4-07060370cc79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2961&group=aus.legal#2961

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 20:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 03:38 UTC

Mountain Magpie wrote:
===================

> We have no privacy, best you face facts.

** ROTFL - how fucking absurd.

> Google/Fakebook etc know more about us than we know ourselves.

** Speak for your stupid self.

........ Phil

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip0kqhFqr6tU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2962&group=aus.legal#2962

From: Leu...@bluemountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:34:35 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:34 UTC

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 20:38:26 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison posted:-

> > Google/Fakebook etc know more about us than we know ourselves.
>
> ** Speak for your stupid self.

Pig ignorant reply of yours, Phil!

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iisrig14983l16lgogjho0qgs4fsl939if@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2966&group=aus.legal#2966

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 19:16:28 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 09:16 UTC

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:41:40 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>Government agencies get a taste for using personal information. Our
>privacy is constantly being whittled away. People like you help that
>process along with their casual indifference.
>
>Sylvia.
<https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/surveillance-state-identify-disrupt-bill-will-give-australian-authorities-access-citizens-social-media-email-account-without-consent-allow-add-delete-information-send/>
https://is.gd/g6QVBZ
SURVEILLANCE STATE: “Identify and Disrupt” Bill will Give Australian
Authorities Access to Any Citizen’s Social Media, Email Account
Without Consent; Allow Them to Add, Delete Information and Send
Messages
<https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/25/australian-powers-to-spy-on-cybercrime-suspects-given-green-light>
https://is.gd/yzCqVN
The amendments were defeated, and the bill passed easily due to
Labor’s support.
--
Petzl
Make Australia Great Again

Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ip6an3Ftu5nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2967&group=aus.legal#2967

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 19:22:43 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 09:22 UTC

On 31-Aug-21 7:16 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:41:40 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Government agencies get a taste for using personal information. Our
>> privacy is constantly being whittled away. People like you help that
>> process along with their casual indifference.
>>
>> Sylvia.
> <https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/surveillance-state-identify-disrupt-bill-will-give-australian-authorities-access-citizens-social-media-email-account-without-consent-allow-add-delete-information-send/>
> https://is.gd/g6QVBZ
> SURVEILLANCE STATE: “Identify and Disrupt” Bill will Give Australian
> Authorities Access to Any Citizen’s Social Media, Email Account
> Without Consent; Allow Them to Add, Delete Information and Send
> Messages
> <https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/25/australian-powers-to-spy-on-cybercrime-suspects-given-green-light>
> https://is.gd/yzCqVN
> The amendments were defeated, and the bill passed easily due to
> Labor’s support.

My email server is not in Australia, and I control it, so good luck to
the government getting access to it.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<j05s7fFse4aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4592&group=aus.legal#4592

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 15:09:16 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 04:09 UTC

On 21-Aug-21 11:16 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>
> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
> blocked, and by whom.
>
> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>
> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>
> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>
> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
> why I was blocked.
>
> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>
> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
>
> Sylvia.

As a result of my complaint to the Ombudsman, and despite initially
repeating their claims that I violated the posting guidelines, Service
NSW have finally conceded that they did not have adequate processes
regarding banning people for posting.

They say they have now improved their processes. They have also
reinstated my ability to see the page and comment on it.

If anyone else finds themselves banned from any government Facebook
page, they shouldn't take it sitting down, and a complaint to an
appropriate Ombudsman is in order.

Sylvia.
Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<snkof4$1fee$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4594&group=aus.legal#4594

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:09:23 +1100
 by: Max - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:09 UTC

On 24/11/2021 3:09 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Aug-21 11:16 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>
>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>> blocked, and by whom.
>>
>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>
>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes
>> relating to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long
>> period of hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW
>> Ombudsman.
>>
>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I
>> was blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>
>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>> why I was blocked.
>>
>> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
>> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>>
>> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
>> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> As a result of my complaint to the Ombudsman, and despite initially
> repeating their claims that I violated the posting guidelines, Service
> NSW have finally conceded that they did not have adequate processes
> regarding banning people for posting.
>
> They say they have now improved their processes. They have also
> reinstated my ability to see the page and comment on it.
>
> If anyone else finds themselves banned from any government Facebook
> page, they shouldn't take it sitting down, and a complaint to an
> appropriate Ombudsman is in order.

Are you going to start posting the same type of things to the page that
got you banned in the first place?

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<j068anF2haU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4596&group=aus.legal#4596

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:35:51 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:35 UTC

On 24-Nov-21 6:09 pm, Max wrote:
> On 24/11/2021 3:09 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Aug-21 11:16 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting
>>> to the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>>
>>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>>> blocked, and by whom.
>>>
>>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>>
>>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes
>>> relating to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long
>>> period of hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW
>>> Ombudsman.
>>>
>>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I
>>> was blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>>
>>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't
>>> know why I was blocked.
>>>
>>> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't
>>> believe that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>>>
>>> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA
>>> response out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting
>>> themselves.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> As a result of my complaint to the Ombudsman, and despite initially
>> repeating their claims that I violated the posting guidelines, Service
>> NSW have finally conceded that they did not have adequate processes
>> regarding banning people for posting.
>>
>> They say they have now improved their processes. They have also
>> reinstated my ability to see the page and comment on it.
>>
>> If anyone else finds themselves banned from any government Facebook
>> page, they shouldn't take it sitting down, and a complaint to an
>> appropriate Ombudsman is in order.
>>

> Are you going to start posting the same type of things to the page that
> got you banned in the first place?

If it arises, yes, since the postings were not in violation of the
posting guidelines, and they now have to keep proper records and be able
to justify their actions. They also have to warn people ahead of banning
them.

Sylvia.