It's a very *__UN*lucky week in which to be took dead. -- Churchy La Femme

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

SubjectAuthor
* Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveTWP
+* Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveTWP
|+- Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveTWP
|`* Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveThe Happy Hippy
| `* Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveTWP
|  `- Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveLoose Cannon
`* Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....Jesse
 `- Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactiveTWP

1
Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<17SbK.2928634$u91.1232060@fx02.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4610&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4610

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Subject: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive
tsunami....
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 15:44:11 +0100
 by: TWP - Mon, 2 May 2022 14:44 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

I'm sure the US would avenge us.

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<VeSbK.1799541$Z91.1005126@fx03.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4611&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4611

tsunami....
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 15:52:36 +0100
 by: TWP - Mon, 2 May 2022 14:52 UTC

On 02/05/2022 15:44, TWP wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

> I'm sure the US would avenge us.

Status-6 Oceanic Multipurpose System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status-6_Oceanic_Multipurpose_System

It sounds like something from Mary Poppins...

They spend all this time, fear and energy on a war that no-one but them
has been considering for the last half century. It's like being chained
to a mad person.

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<glSbK.1246776$zX2.1176501@fx12.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4612&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4612

tsunami....
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 15:59:22 +0100
 by: TWP - Mon, 2 May 2022 14:59 UTC

On 02/05/2022 15:52, TWP wrote:
> On 02/05/2022 15:44, TWP wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

>> I'm sure the US would avenge us.
>>

> Status-6 Oceanic Multipurpose System
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status-6_Oceanic_Multipurpose_System
>
> It sounds like something from Mary Poppins...
>
> They spend all this time, fear and energy on a war that no-one but them
> has been considering for the last half century.  It's like being chained
> to a mad person.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a25953089/russia-apocalypse-torpedo-poseidon/

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<20220502191205.00004635@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4613&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4613

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
tsunami....
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 19:12:05 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 2 May 2022 18:12 UTC

On Mon, 2 May 2022 15:52:36 +0100
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 02/05/2022 15:44, TWP wrote:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

> > I'm sure the US would avenge us.
> >

> Status-6 Oceanic Multipurpose System
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status-6_Oceanic_Multipurpose_System
>
> It sounds like something from Mary Poppins...
>
> They spend all this time, fear and energy on a war that no-one but
> them has been considering for the last half century. It's like being
> chained to a mad person.

If no one else had been considering nuclear war we wouldn't have been hosting nukes at Greenham Common and we wouldn't be renewing Trident, Trump wouldn't have pulled out of nuclear limitation treaties.

I guess Russia would claim that they are simply being prepared just as we say that's all we are doing. If they're mad we all are.

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<rsYbK.1249903$zX2.765483@fx12.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4621&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4621

tsunami....
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 22:56:38 +0100
 by: TWP - Mon, 2 May 2022 21:56 UTC

On 02/05/2022 19:12, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2022 15:52:36 +0100
> TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2022 15:44, TWP wrote:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

>>> I'm sure the US would avenge us.
>>>

>> Status-6 Oceanic Multipurpose System
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status-6_Oceanic_Multipurpose_System
>>
>> It sounds like something from Mary Poppins...
>>
>> They spend all this time, fear and energy on a war that no-one but
>> them has been considering for the last half century. It's like being
>> chained to a mad person.
>
> If no one else had been considering nuclear war we wouldn't have been hosting nukes at Greenham Common and we wouldn't be renewing Trident, Trump wouldn't have pulled out of nuclear limitation treaties.
>
> I guess Russia would claim that they are simply being prepared just as we say that's all we are doing. If they're mad we all are.

That's not a regular bomb that's a Doomsday Device!

Next they'll be fighting in the War Room!

Well, the Pennines are over 800m tall and the tallest mountains in
Scotland and Wales are over 1000m tall...

I also wonder what the effect of detonating an atom bomb in the path of
the tsunami would be?

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<t4qvgf$jdn$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4627&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4627

From: efbre...@gmx-x.comm (Loose Cannon)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
tsunami....
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 10:17:51 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: rjac@shell02.TheWorld.com (Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe)
 by: Loose Cannon - Tue, 3 May 2022 10:17 UTC

In article <rsYbK.1249903$zX2.765483@fx12.ams4>,
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> That's not a regular bomb that's a Doomsday Device!

The guy is just trying to scare you, TWP... the claimed yield is a wild
exaggeration; see more below.

> Next they'll be fighting in the War Room!

Slim Pickens to the rescue!

> Well, the Pennines are over 800m tall and the tallest mountains in
> Scotland and Wales are over 1000m tall...

I wouldn't run for the mountains yet...

To understand the energy released by a thermonuclear weapon, let's
make a comparison.

A decent thermonuclear device, such as the Poseidon carries: 2Mt, hence
about 130 Hiroshima type bombs.

The energy released on the Earth's surface (which measures the potential
for damage), in the 2004 Indian Ocean quake: estimated at being
equivalent to at least 1,500 Hiroshima type bombs.

So, no fear... England will not sink! :)

There's also the question of the kinetic energy produce by the nuke; much
of the energy is released as heat/radiation, making it even less effective
in creating a tsunami. And the structure of the shoreline is also a factor;
you must know more than I do, but IIRC much of England's shoreline is not
flat.

Given, an underwater explosion of, say, 50Mt (the famous "Tsar Bomba")
can definitely cause some serious flooding, but as noted, not even
remotely similar to what the Russian guy claimed.

In theory, you could find a seismically active region and use a nuke
to act as a trigger, causing an earthquake, but that's not easy.

> I also wonder what the effect of detonating an atom bomb in the path of
> the tsunami would be?

No go, the tsunami wave is far too wide. Nukes can be effective against
asteroids, though, if you can intercept them accurately enough.

BTW, these huge scary bombs (~50 Mt) are actually inefficient
if you just want to destroy cities. The reason is that much of
the blast goes upwards, so the affected area behaves like the 2/3
power of the energy (I mean energy raised to the power of 0.66, not
multiplied by it). So 50 1Mt nukes will destroy a much larger area
than a single 50Mt nuke.

These huge nukes can be effective if you want to take out a really
deep and well-protected target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlruVG81w :)

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<16eba681a820f9d7$49$835464$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4649&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4649

Subject: Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (Jesse)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:52:44 -0400
 by: Jesse - Tue, 3 May 2022 16:52 UTC

TWP wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

> I'm sure the US would avenge us.

Irish none too pleased to be included in the nuclear tsunami -
Unfortunately does not appear to be any way to opt out.

Irish lawmakers' fury after they realise Russian state TV threat to
destroy Britain with a giant tidal wave would involve wiping out Ireland

Kremlin TV host Dmitry Kiselyov threatened to wipe Great Britain
off the map
An accompanying graphic showed an underwater nuke destroying all of
Ireland
Politicians expressed their 'absolute disgust' at the threat to the
country

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10778689/Irish-lawmakers-fury-Russian-threat-destroy-Britain-involve-wiping-Ireland.html

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may
deride it, but in the end - There it is !

Re: Nice country. It'd be a shame if it was hit by a radioactive tsunami....

<rvdcK.1455321$Sxe.1031309@fx09.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4651&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#4651

tsunami....
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:20:23 +0100
 by: TWP - Tue, 3 May 2022 17:20 UTC

On 03/05/2022 17:52, Jesse wrote:
> TWP wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

>> I'm sure the US would avenge us.
>>
>  Irish none too pleased to be included in the nuclear tsunami -
> Unfortunately does not appear to be any way to opt out.
>

> Irish lawmakers' fury after they realise Russian state TV threat to
> destroy Britain with a giant tidal wave would involve wiping out Ireland
>
>     Kremlin TV host Dmitry Kiselyov threatened to wipe Great Britain
> off the map
>     An accompanying graphic showed an underwater nuke destroying all of
> Ireland
>     Politicians expressed their 'absolute disgust' at the threat to the
> country
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10778689/Irish-lawmakers-fury-Russian-threat-destroy-Britain-involve-wiping-Ireland.html

There's a 1300m tall line of mountains between the bomb and me so I'll
be hiding behind that! :-)