Don't have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)

SubjectAuthor
* GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.Herbie
+* Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
|`* Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
| `* Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interestingWho, me?
|  `- Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +
`- Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.Indy Jess John

1
GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.

<ercceh9l67hce7su2hdvcthfs1o40aqbpt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4602&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4602

From: herb...@gmail.com (Herbie)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 08:47:26 +0100
 by: Herbie - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 07:47 UTC

Good morning all, from West Dorset.
Cloudy and breezy,
with a temperature of 21.3C. 70.3F.
with a pressure of 1018mb. rising.

Herbie.

Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.

<jkmvvkFha5aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4604&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4604

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 10:23:02 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 09:23 UTC

Herbie wrote:
> Good morning all, from West Dorset.
> Cloudy and breezy,
> with a temperature of 21.3C. 70.3F.
> with a pressure of 1018mb. rising.
>
> Herbie.

Mornin' from a damp, warm and mostly overcast day here in South
Yorkshire. Temperature out there is 19.5�C (67.1�F) with Barometric
pressure again steady at 1011.9 mB with RH looking on at 95%. Forecast
is for a constant threat of more brief showers throughout the day, but
with a few sunny periods appearing in the afternoon. temperature should
peak at around 25�C (77�F) in mid afternoon. Have a great day, not
forgetting to stay safe.
Sootie was up breakfasted and out foraging up the jungle before
09:00. She stayed out for about an hour before returning to commence
her early midday siesta, It's looking like she has no faith in the
weathermen and has decided to cancel the rest of today. As for me, I'm
taking a chance and have got the weeks washing being processed right
now. No Tabby yet today but she did turn up for an early supper last
night. When I called Sootie in for the night at around 23:45, she
brought Tabby home too.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022.

<tc5nir$9nkg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4605&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4605

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:03:54 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 11:03 UTC

On 31/07/2022 08:47, Herbie wrote:
> Good morning all, from West Dorset.
> Cloudy and breezy,
> with a temperature of 21.3C. 70.3F.
> with a pressure of 1018mb. rising.
>
> Herbie.

Good morning from Somerset.
69F and 1018mb. It is a cloudy, windy morning after an early morning
brief shower that dried up almost immediately.

Best wishes to everybody.

Jim

Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)

<jkn7mlFighsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4606&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4606

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:34:46 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 11:34 UTC

Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:
<snipped>
> As for me, I'm taking a chance and have got the weeks washing being
> processed
> right now.
I should have known that was foolish !!! It looks like it's going to
be one of those days again. I checked on the radar again and it seemed
to show that we weren't due any more rain for at least a couple of
hours. So on the line went the washed and high spun clothes.
Just as I was getting back to the kitchen the light rain started,
so my language was pretty choice!! I thought I'd leave it for � hour or
so as it was only light rain. I went into the kitchen and found that
one of my fluorescent lamps behind the ceiling was flashing like mad.
Again not a major problem but for the fact the lamps and starters
are difficult to get these days, but I do have both a new lamp and
starter in storage. But it does mean I have to break out the step
ladder.
That also should not be a problem either, except on Thursday
(28/07/2022) morning, I had a nasty experience in the dentist's chair.
I had managed to get an emergency appointment for a large filling
replacement. Somehow that filling had come out overnight leaving a
quite large exposure to the dentine of the tooth. Anyhow, the dentist,
new to me, was quite a small guy, so he positioned the chair I was in
to be horizontal and quite low down, with my head slightly below the
level of my feet. After holding my head firmly, slightly tilted to my
right, he managed to complete the job in about 10 minutes. He then
raised the chair back to it's normal position and said that all was
complete, so I could leave. He added that there was no charge since it
was less than 2 months after latest dental examination. So I was
reasonably happy.
Then I stood up and immediately was clutched by the nurse as the
room started to spin visciously, and all my body wanted to do was drop
to the floor. After a few minutes I felt reasonably OK. and,
surprisingly, was able to drive the short distance home.
To make it a little more brief now. I woke up in the night and had
to cling onto walls and furniture etc to navigate a way to the bathroom
and then back. The vertigo was even worse than before.
I 'phoned my GP and got a telephone appointment for later that
morning. He 'phoned back on time and we had a � hour chat. He reckoned
that the position the dentist had put me in and the time I was gripped
there could have strained/stressed nerves, blood vessels and muscles
which could easily explain the vertigo. He booked me an appointment for
early Monday morning, to give me a proper examination, if I could get
to the surgery. If not I would have to phone him and he'd come out to
me. Some 15 minutes later he phoned me back saying he had booked me in
for an examination that evening (Friday), or if inconvenient, he could
see me on Saturday morning, but the earlier I could see him the better.
I accepted the Friday evening appointment - for 21:15. But about 17:00
they 'phoned me and asked if I could go earlier. So I ended up having
this "examination" around 18:15. Examination !!! That was a laugh. All
she did was ask me what had happened, then looked into my ears, saying
they were fine and not blocked. I was then given instructions that if
needed I should 'phone 111 over the weekend or go and see my doctor on
Monday morning. Fortunately I'm feeling back to normal now, not a full
100% but around 90%, but I suppose I'm continuing to be apprehensive
about whether it might suddenly occur again.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)

<tc602c$bhc3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4607&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4607

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting
- NOT)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 13:28:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 13:28 UTC

On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:34:46 +0100, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°22 + wrote:
> needed I should 'phone 111 over the weekend or go and see my doctor on
> Monday morning. Fortunately I'm feeling back to normal now, not a full
> 100% but around 90%, but I suppose I'm continuing to be apprehensive
> about whether it might suddenly occur again.

One thing you must NOT do is go up a step ladder! A flashing tube is
annoying but not as annoying as a broken neck!

Leave it a few days or ask a neighbour to pop in and change tube and
starter for you.

--
david

Re: GMT Sunday 31st July 2022. (bit long - but I find it interesting - NOT)

<jkqckdF3co7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4615&group=uk.people.silversurfers#4615

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 17:17:22 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 16:17 UTC

Who, me? wrote:
<snipped>
> One thing you must NOT do is go up a step ladder! A flashing tube is
> annoying but not as annoying as a broken neck!
>
> Leave it a few days or ask a neighbour to pop in and change tube and
> starter for you.

I'm afraid that, if I did that I'd be waiting until my son vited again
from WA, or try to find an electrician who could do the job. I don't
trust anyone else to move the crystallite ceiling panels, so the only
way is to do it myself. Not really too difficult if I take the
necessary time to do it slowly and carefully. Anyhow all done now and
should be sorted for 4 or 5 years now.