Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 09:54:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Murder now - Twin brothers charged with murder of charity cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:54 UTC

Twin brothers have been charged with the murder of charity cyclist Tony Parsons.

Alexander and Robert McKellar, aged 29, were also charged with attempting to defeat the ends of justice when they appeared at Dumbarton Sheriff Court.

Mr Parsons, from Tillicoultry, was last seen during a bike ride in September 2017 outside the Bridge of Orchy Hotel in Argyll and Bute.

His remains were found by the A82 near a farm in Bridge of Orchy in January.

Mr Parsons' funeral was held at Stirlingshire Crematorium in April.

His son Mike said in a statement issued shortly afterwards: "We still need answers to many questions surrounding my dad's death."
Extensive searches

The brothers were further charged with conspiracy to murder Mr Parsons. Alexander McKellar was also individually charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Mr Parsons, a former navy officer who was 63 when he went missing, was last seen outside the hotel at about 23:30 on Friday 29 September.

He then continued south along the A82 in the direction of Tyndrum but there were no more sightings of him after that.

Extensive searches were carried out in the area, involving local mountain rescue teams, volunteers, Police Scotland dogs and the force's air support unit.

Mr Parsons had caught the train to Fort William on the day he was last seen with the intention of cycling the 104-mile (167km) journey home to Tillicoultry.

Alexander and Robert McKellar were committed for further examination and remanded in custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59503667

Re: Murder now - Twin brothers charged with murder of charity cyclist

<j0sg28F8f5nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=4632&group=uk.rec.cycling#4632

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 18:02:48 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 18:02 UTC

> Twin brothers have been charged with the murder of charity cyclist Tony Parsons.
>
> Alexander and Robert McKellar, aged 29, were also charged with attempting to defeat the ends of justice when they appeared at Dumbarton Sheriff Court.
>
> Mr Parsons, from Tillicoultry, was last seen during a bike ride in September 2017 outside the Bridge of Orchy Hotel in Argyll and Bute.
>
> His remains were found by the A82 near a farm in Bridge of Orchy in January.
>
> Mr Parsons' funeral was held at Stirlingshire Crematorium in April.
>
> His son Mike said in a statement issued shortly afterwards: "We still need answers to many questions surrounding my dad's death."
> Extensive searches
>
> The brothers were further charged with conspiracy to murder Mr Parsons. Alexander McKellar was also individually charged with causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
>
> Mr Parsons, a former navy officer who was 63 when he went missing, was last seen outside the hotel at about 23:30 on Friday 29 September.
>
> He then continued south along the A82 in the direction of Tyndrum but there were no more sightings of him after that.
>
> Extensive searches were carried out in the area, involving local mountain rescue teams, volunteers, Police Scotland dogs and the force's air support unit.
>
> Mr Parsons had caught the train to Fort William on the day he was last seen with the intention of cycling the 104-mile (167km) journey home to Tillicoultry.
>
> Alexander and Robert McKellar were committed for further examination and remanded in custody.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59503667

The twin brothers label makes the case sound like something out of "Twin
Peaks" or "Persons Unknown".