"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm attending the opening of my garage door."

aus+uk / uk.rec.audio / Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

SubjectAuthor
* Mitchell Acoustics.Dave Plowman (News)
+* Re: Mitchell Acoustics.Adrian Caspersz
|+* Re: Mitchell Acoustics.Dave Plowman (News)
||`- Re: Mitchell Acoustics.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`- Re: Mitchell Acoustics.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
`- Re: Mitchell Acoustics.Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
Mitchell Acoustics.

<5921ae1d79dave@davenoise.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=459&group=uk.rec.audio#459

From: dav...@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Mitchell Acoustics.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 13:58:02 +0100
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Fri, 23 Apr 2021 12:58 UTC

Seem quite a bit of hype about this speaker. Some musicians claiming it is
the Holy Grail as a domestic reference speaker. I've not heard it or come
across a review from a respected source - if there are any, these days.

Spec sheet don't tell you much. ;-)

https://mitchellacoustics.us/tech-specs/

--
*Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

<ieg345F7i2cU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=461&group=uk.rec.audio#461

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Re: Mitchell Acoustics.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:15:32 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:15 UTC

> Seem quite a bit of hype about this speaker. Some musicians claiming it is
> the Holy Grail as a domestic reference speaker. I've not heard it or come
> across a review from a respected source - if there are any, these days.

Bluetooth bookshelf active speakers, how much? £499.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitchell-Acoustics-uStream-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B08JLKH5KT

A musicians 'reference speaker' would be used as a measure of, "this is
possibly what the public's average audio system sounds like".

They probably like it for ease of setup.

--
Adrian C

Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

<5921cbc664dave@davenoise.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=462&group=uk.rec.audio#462

From: dav...@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 19:22:00 +0100
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Fri, 23 Apr 2021 18:22 UTC

In article <ieg345F7i2cU1@mid.individual.net>,
Adrian Caspersz <email@here.invalid> wrote:
> On 23/04/2021 13:58, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > Seem quite a bit of hype about this speaker. Some musicians claiming it is
> > the Holy Grail as a domestic reference speaker. I've not heard it or come
> > across a review from a respected source - if there are any, these days.

> Bluetooth bookshelf active speakers, how much? £499.00

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitchell-Acoustics-uStream-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B08JLKH5KT

> A musicians 'reference speaker' would be used as a measure of, "this is
> possibly what the public's average audio system sounds like".

Quite - as I said the Holy Grail. I've lost count how many different
speakers have been in fashion for this.

> They probably like it for ease of setup.

Yes - easy to link to their phone to play a demo.

Love the bit about it working with a turntable, via the line in. Plenty
USB turntables - but how many with built in amps and a line out?

--
*Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

<s60gge$c3d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=464&group=uk.rec.audio#464

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 08:14:17 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:14 UTC

I'd never heard of it, in any case most speakers are so modified by the
rooms they are in its hard to know what reference really is.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
> Seem quite a bit of hype about this speaker. Some musicians claiming it is
> the Holy Grail as a domestic reference speaker. I've not heard it or come
> across a review from a respected source - if there are any, these days.
>
> Spec sheet don't tell you much. ;-)
>
> https://mitchellacoustics.us/tech-specs/
>
> --
> *Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
>
> Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
> To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

<s60h16$eue$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=465&group=uk.rec.audio#465

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 08:23:14 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:23 UTC

How is it that some bluetooth speakers sound pretty good while others sound
like a worn out cassette tape and with one heck of a latency.
My guess is bandwidth, but just how different are the links. One might
expect a digital link to be almost transparent if the analogue parts are
good. People go on all the time about those ones beginning with the letter
S, and Giles Martin seems to have some connection with them also, but I have
to say, though they can sound impressive, they are a bit like the old
fashioned hi if idea of building your speaker into concrete but then you
simply find that it sounds bassy and not a lot else.
Mind you I have been to some concerts were the sound at the presence area
is way over the top sounding glassy, and others that are good, and so what
accurate is is somewhat of a variable thing.
I myself like dynamic range to be realistic not compressed as many signal
sources are these days, yes even some of the Beatles remixes. Of course a
producer will say it was supposed to sound like that but sometimes its not
at all what you get at a concert, Take Cliff Richard (no jokes) his concert
audio had dynamics, but too bright, Bee Gees on the other hand sounds about
right but both in different halls.

"Adrian Caspersz" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
> On 23/04/2021 13:58, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>> Seem quite a bit of hype about this speaker. Some musicians claiming it
>> is
>> the Holy Grail as a domestic reference speaker. I've not heard it or come
>> across a review from a respected source - if there are any, these days.
>
> Bluetooth bookshelf active speakers, how much? �499.00
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitchell-Acoustics-uStream-Bluetooth-Speakers/dp/B08JLKH5KT
>

> A musicians 'reference speaker' would be used as a measure of, "this is
> possibly what the public's average audio system sounds like".
>
> They probably like it for ease of setup.
>
> --
> Adrian C

Re: Mitchell Acoustics.

<s60h5u$fpj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=466&group=uk.rec.audio#466

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 08:25:45 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:25 UTC

Not many, but I suggest its meant to be used with pre amps.
I still use my trusty SL5/Ortofon with reasonable success, it sounds great
compared to the crap that is made these days at a similar price.